HeyWeThinkYeSpam

Author Topic: DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job  (Read 41279 times)

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job
« on: April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 pm »
Yep, getting this clearly essential topic up first.

But seriously, getting things sorted out now, bear with me.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
Re: DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 12:37:57 pm »
Okay, let me start with a question about board structure.

Right now I'm thinking one of two set ups for gaming boards.

1. A general game board where all game topics are placed. NPCs are in the normal places on this board, it's basically the normal setup we use for this.
2. Each node has a sub-board with their own topics for PC and NPC stats, spells and game threads. Generally, you refresh on this board to see what's been updated and go on to those sub-boards as needed.

Preferences?
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:40:22 pm »
Quick note, I'm using the R&S build for Sylica NPCs, as they're both new gestalt compliant and pretty much in order so I only have to add a level or two and see if tney need any adjustments. As such, there's a minimum of rolling involved, but here's a bit for recordkeeping.

> roll 1d10 Antenora 30
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d10 Antenora 30 --> [ 1d10=10 ]{10}
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Corwin

• Tarrasque
  • No matter how evil the tactics... a win is a win~
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:48:15 pm »
R&S build?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 12:53:15 pm »
Rules and Setting board. The characters and monsters topic.
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Ebiris

• Tarrasque
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 01:56:27 pm »
Sub-boards could be neat, lets give it a try and see how it works.

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 01:57:06 pm »
Okay, that's one for it. I'll wait for everyone to chime in, and the boards won't be made until tonight at the absolute earliest.
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 02:39:27 pm »
A few pastes from chat I want available for general reference.

<Lisa> How are we handling money and stuff?
> It's going to vary a bit form node to node, I need to have a post about that soonish. For now don't worry about it, got so much on my plate.

A general note for everyone that this will be addressed but not today. I got a lot of balls in the air with prepping two games.

<Lisa> How does casting work for us, btw?
> How so?
<Lisa> Divine chars get to cast any spell for free, spontaneously?
<Lisa> And there are SLAs?
<Lisa> Wishes without cost?
> Okay, that's referencing three separate things. Lemme paste.
<Lisa> Basically, how much effort do I need to put into plotting my spells as a wizard
> Spontaneous Casting: A deity of rank 1 or higher who has levels in a divine spellcasting class can spontaneously cast any spell she can grant, just as a cleric can spontaneously cast cure or inflict spells. This ability does not fully extend to epic spells; a deity must research or otherwise learn an epic spell normally before she can spontaneously cast it.
> As the incarnate source of divine power, deities with divine casting can basically cast fully spontaneously. Note that arcane casting has SDAs that do the same thing.
> Spell-Like Abilities: A deity can use any domain spell she can grant as a spell-like ability at will. This ability does not extend past ninth level magic; epic level spells are not gained as spell-like abilities in this manner. Her effective caster level for such abilities is equal to her hit dice. The saving throw DC for such abilities is 20 + the spellís level + her Charisma modifier + her divine rank.
> Deities get their 1-9 domain spells as at will sLAs.
> With amped up DCs.
<Lisa> And wish/miracle?
> Alter Reality (Su)
> Deities exert a considerable measure of control over reality itself, and their presences can command the very essence of the world around them. This warping of reality manifests in a number of ways.
> Demigods and lesser deities can use limited wish with regard to their portfolios, and deities of higher rank can use wish likewise. This ability does not place any strain on a deity's body, unlike a mortal using such magic, and takes a standard action to use. A deity can effectively mimic any mortal spell effect, so long as it fits with the deity's portfolio. This limits the exact applications of this ability, as a deity cannot use this ability to do something against what they represent. In a situation where two deities try and alter reality in opposition to each other, an opposed rank check determines how reality is actually altered.
> Additionally, there are several niche things deities can do with it to cover certain deific function sthat aren't elaborated on, that willb e coming soon.
<Ebiris> Main thing is Alter Reality's a standard no matter what, so you'll still want proper spells for your quickened stuff.
> Yes.
> Deities have a plethora of options, which is why I rarely build them too complexly.
> You get a ton of power and options from being a deity, so that can fix a ton of sins in any build.

Being a deity provides a vast amount of power and depth. You rarely have a dearth of options as a deity, so bear that in mind if you're playing one or aim to try and obtain divine rank. This is also another reason I'm doing nodes - PCs won't start at the same levels of power, and that's okay since you'll be largely following your own self set goals. It's not a race to power levels - you will get stronger, of course, but y'know.
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 03:58:39 pm »
Antenora preview. A few notes follow.

- She's all about the offense, though she minors in healing thanks to divine succor combined with quickened paladin spells.
- Items are streamlined for now, this may be changed later. This is all tentative there.
- She's essentially like Jaela (or Jaela is like her, really): Point her at evil, they charge at it and the evil usually dies.

(click to show/hide)
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Iron Dragoon

• Duke
  • Tarrasque
  • And One Rogue.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 04:00:01 pm »
Going back to custom material for TK and chain spell with multiple weapons, what do you think of allowing some interaction between TK + Chain Spell and TWF? It'd be a heavy feat investment, so I'm not sure if I'd have enough slots, but would you consider letting it allow me to wield multiple weapons?
Process: Attempting to Give a Shit
╔═══════════════════════════╗
║█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░║ (25%)
╚═══════════════════════════╝
Estimated Time Until Completion : FATAL RUN TIME ERROR

"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 04:11:06 pm »
Going back to custom material for TK and chain spell with multiple weapons, what do you think of allowing some interaction between TK + Chain Spell and TWF? It'd be a heavy feat investment, so I'm not sure if I'd have enough slots, but would you consider letting it allow me to wield multiple weapons?

I might consider it at this level of play, possibly. Let me see how your build works out and we'll see from there.

By the way if you wanna play in this game, toss a notice of interest over in B3's nagging board, would you?
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 04:13:34 pm »
Post for Cor: Scout 21/Dragonbreath Archer 8//Ranger 10/Dragon Devotee 5/Sorcerer 14

That's Amaryl's build in R&S. Chance to chime on it, she's due one level with it to 30. She's pretty much an archer/mage type with swift hunter's shenanigans.
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Corwin

• Tarrasque
  • No matter how evil the tactics... a win is a win~
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 04:34:18 pm »
Okay, that's one for it. I'll wait for everyone to chime in, and the boards won't be made until tonight at the absolute earliest.

Sounds good
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Offline Anastasia

• Erin
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2018, 04:35:06 pm »

Sounds good

That's two for it. Iddy and Neph, what do you two think?
<Afina> Forever.

Offline Nephrite

• Tarrasque
  • -This guy!-
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2018, 06:25:25 pm »
Sub boards is fine.