News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Yeah, not much to it but still good setup to what sounds like an exciting quest.

Nephrite

I enjoyed finding a simple solution to a roadblock. I'm excited to get to what I assume is the real meat and potatoes of this place though.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 25, 2018, 05:16:57 PM
Sure! Treasure-hunting in trapped nazi vaults ftw~

It's been pretty good so far, especially the various possible traps and mind games here, since there's clearly some going on.

Quote from: Ebiris on September 25, 2018, 05:18:39 PM
Yeah, not much to it but still good setup to what sounds like an exciting quest.

Very much so. I'd only quibble about the not much comment to it. Mystra continues to get character development and it's interesting what traits she shows behind the curtain.

As mentioned on IRC, she's old and has the many regrets only the ancient can rack up. When she can just be herself rather than what she is, those poke out in various ways.

Quote from: Nephrite on September 25, 2018, 05:19:44 PM
I enjoyed finding a simple solution to a roadblock. I'm excited to get to what I assume is the real meat and potatoes of this place though.

It was some good thinking, no doubt. There were a few ways to deal with him and you found one of them. Nicely done.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

More set up, but I'm starting to push for real development of the Order. Family stuff was fun, and I'm really, really interested in that scrying ability. Over-all, pretty good.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 25, 2018, 10:39:35 PM
More set up, but I'm starting to push for real development of the Order. Family stuff was fun, and I'm really, really interested in that scrying ability. Over-all, pretty good.

Glad to hear. Out of pure curiosity, any ideas on what's up with that scrying?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

If I can get it and implement some sort of control function on it, it'll be a super powerful all-around seeing function for any sort of combatant. Melee especially. Depending on what type of scrying it uses, for scouts as well.

Yuthirin

I haven't had anything this week since I've either been out of the house or asleep during game time, so yeah. But jetting around as a ballistic squidthing was hilarious.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on September 25, 2018, 11:24:32 PM
I haven't had anything this week since I've either been out of the house or asleep during game time, so yeah. But jetting around as a ballistic squidthing was hilarious.

It really was a nice solution to a nasty problem, yeah. Jet squid must be continued.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm looking for recommendations for existing spells that deal damage only to Evil characters. Like Affliction from the BoED, for example, Cleansing Rain from the spell collection or some sanctified spells. Presumably, all will be Good spells.

Preference to Sorc/Wiz spells with a spread like Fireball, but I'll take anything~
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I think there's a few, but they're not common, Cor.

----

Have fun today, all? It was an okay session for me. I was still a bit feverish and honestly grumpy on account of my TV showing signs of breaking down, but it was solid I think. I'm trying not to let my bad mood influence things, y'know? Any complaints I have are about my mood and me being in a bad mood on account of RL, nothing on you all. I won't say this week has sucked, but this week has kinda blown RL.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm having fun, first real use of whirlwind attack since swapping it in and it did nicely.

Is a shame Marie's barrage left everyone inside the cathedral untouched - I'd been hoping between open doors/broken windows/shattered walls that missiles could've gotten inside and wasted all the mook tier stuff inside. I'm not sure how the amazing barrage works with respect to cover though so maybe I've been overselling it's capabilities? Still, prospect of some weird hive mind thing is interesting and I feel clever for having used that detect thoughts to verify its existence so by exterminating lots of vermin I might make the boss at the end easier.

Corwin

It was an interesting scenario. I went from 'ready to teleport home' to 'I think a cool fight awaits me outside, let's check it out' to 'I think I can take him, and the three of us definitely can!' to 'fuck seriously? I might not be able to take them' to 'I hate everything, let's share in the misery with exquisite divine bullshit'.

Good times, even if the aura thing caused slowdown.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

I feel like I've approached the current mission in completely the wrong way, to be totally honest! But that's a live and learn thing.

I enjoyed the small debate, even though I was hoping for something more robust.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on September 25, 2018, 05:14:54 PM
So I haven't had the energy to do last week's Weekly, so I'm gonna mix it up. Let's try a different feedback format while I'm a bit drained from RL.

Did you all have fun today? Answer however you like in as little or as much depth as possible.

Was good, but setting up for expansion and rulership is mainly paperwork type stuff, so while it's needed, it's not exactly exciting, but hey, it is what it is.

I think we're starting to get into some real meat for development though.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 27, 2018, 09:12:53 AM
I'm looking for recommendations for existing spells that deal damage only to Evil characters. Like Affliction from the BoED, for example, Cleansing Rain from the spell collection or some sanctified spells. Presumably, all will be Good spells.

Preference to Sorc/Wiz spells with a spread like Fireball, but I'll take anything~

While not exactly what you want, Purify Spell's a useful metamagic along those lines.
<Afina> Forever.