News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Question, there are spells that turn sand and mud into stone, but nothing that simply solidifies regular, normal ground to stone. Would you allow the sand to stone spell to do that?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on September 30, 2018, 12:41:11 PM
Question, there are spells that turn sand and mud into stone, but nothing that simply solidifies regular, normal ground to stone. Would you allow the sand to stone spell to do that?

Not that I can think of, but a custom spell to do the same sounds entirely reasonable.

Still, check druid spells in the SC and a few other books.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Yeah, although I have concerns about doing a room by room sweep of the entire cathedral at the rate we're going. Based on how big the map appears to be this will take a long time.

Still, getting good mileage out of the SLAs even if I had to blow an actual spell slot on the last room. Not really much roleplaying going on at the moment, just extermination.

Anastasia

Yeah, today was mostly setup. The simplest rooms with just sacs or insects are probably going to be automated soon now that we've gotten past that phase. I do agree with time concerns so I want to keep this moving smoothly, and save time and IC attention for more important rooms.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Not really sure what the point of the fight was, honestly. From an outside/meta perspective, it felt more like a cut scene. You said in chat that you expected my response to Eblis to go the way it did, so events were entirely predictable. As for Eblis, if he doesn't want me to hurt his kids, he shouldn't send them to ambush and try to murder me.
I liked the challenge of the fight, though these guys did come out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not too troubled over not getting to fight them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Did you all have fun today?

I did. All the rooms are donig various things and have a good, different feel. Quick hits: Seira: Really wanna get you and some of your node beyond Amaryl out for some combat. Iddy: Glad the chess challenge was setup to go quick, I got the impression were meh on it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on October 02, 2018, 11:09:35 AM
Not really sure what the point of the fight was, honestly. From an outside/meta perspective, it felt more like a cut scene. You said in chat that you expected my response to Eblis to go the way it did, so events were entirely predictable. As for Eblis, if he doesn't want me to hurt his kids, he shouldn't send them to ambush and try to murder me.
I liked the challenge of the fight, though these guys did come out of nowhere as far as I'm concerned, so I'm not too troubled over not getting to fight them.

I don't recall saying quite that, or in the context you said, Cor. If I recall right I said your approach was valid, that's all.

There's a few points to the battle,b ut yeah, a lot is going on there and you're were just in position for that along with the way the dice fell for reinforcements.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'm having a good time. Lots of bugs are being efficiently killed. Marie and Ebony are loosening up a bit in interacting together.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on October 03, 2018, 04:52:36 PM
I'm having a good time. Lots of bugs are being efficiently killed. Marie and Ebony are loosening up a bit in interacting together.

Good. I was a little nervous composing this dungeon, as I felt the pace of it would be different and a little slower. While there's threats here, don't get me wrong, it's not super high pressure. More introspective, you might say.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on October 03, 2018, 05:06:27 PM
Things are proceeding.

Things look about ready to hit the fan, you going to be here tonight or is it gonna be a tomorrow thing?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I WOULD have been there tonight, but there's been a million and a half of flight problems so it'll probably be tomorrow.

Anastasia

Fair enough, I get the impression this trip has been a mess for you.

Tell you what, I'll drop you one more bonus post so you can frame the fight in your mind, use the time to consider strategies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.