News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Emily wanted a bigger version of miracle of life tailored to her tastes. It's as much healing as an anti minor undead spell.

Emily's Miraculous Gift
Conjuration [Healing]
Level: Clr 12, Hlr 12, Pal 11
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 full round action
Range: 1 mile radius centered on yourself
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will half (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

This spell heals every living creature within the range 2d4+10 hit points and deals an identical amount of damage to undead creatures.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Evil beings make horrifying things, a nightmare no one ever wants to see. This is one such poisonous fruit.

Fallen's Lament
Enchantment [Evil, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Corrupt 14
Components: V, S, F, Corrupt
Casting Time: 1 hour
Range: Touch
Target: Celestial touched
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

This vile spell is the result of study by the fallen planetar Sasoliel in league with the yugoloths. If the target fails a Will save, they are flooded with evil power. They lose the good subtype and gain the evil subtype, as well as the fallen template. Their alignment shifts to evil on the good-evil axis while the law-chaos axis is not changed. While the change is permanent, the newly fallen celestial may be able to purify themselves (and atone if needed). There is no compulsion to stay evil, save their new outlook and anything they may do as a result of it. The celestial is aware the changes are artificial.

A celestial that succeeds on the saving throw against this spell is thereafter immune to this spell, as is any celestial who fell and atoned or otherwise had a non-good alignment in the past.

This spell ignores any racial ability a celestial would have to block or suppress this spell, such as magic circle against evil, a protective aura or immunity to enchantments or mind affecting magic.

Focus

The soul of a solar, imprisoned within a gemstone or similar object.

Corruption Cost

2d8 points of Wisdom drain.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Antenora likewise invests in the future. A nice AC bump and a fiend focused mind blank on demand fits her.

Opal Protection
Abjuration/Enchantment (Compulsion) [Good, Mind-Affecting]
Level: Pal 8
Targets: Allies in a 40ft radius burst

This spell is identical to divine protection, except as noted here. Allies gain a +3 morale bonus to armor class. They are treating as being under a mind blank spell, but only against spells with the evil descriptor or by spells cast by evil outsiders.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Silverfrost's grown up cousin.

Silverfrost Mist
Conjuration (Creation) [Cold]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15

This spell is identical to silverfrost, except as noted here. The air within the area of the spell is filled with a thin, translucent silver fog. This does not impair visibility at all, but flying creatures within it must make the same Balance check as creatures on the ground. If they fail it, they fall to the ground prone. Trying to fly from being prone requires the same Balance check to successfully fly as it does to stand up.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

FYI, Silverfrost Mist uses Balance instead of Acrobatics. This is purely for compatibility over on R&S, which doesn't use the Pathfinder skills. It's about consistency and not driving me crazy by dithering between them.

We know what it means and can convert it to Acrobatics with a moment's thought, so no big deal.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I was thinking of making a stronger version of Share Talents, but I wasn't sure if it deserved to have a "stronger" and then "much stronger" version. I have provided both for consideration.

As a note, the PHBII refers to the Consecrated Harrier class when discussing this spell that I just knocked off of here because I don't know what the fuck it is but you could always add it back in if you wanted to.

I also admit I'm confused that Druids don't get the spell, but Rangers do? I dunno, just seems weird to me.

Greater Share Talents
Transmutation
Level: Bard 6, Cleric 7, Ranger 7, Sorcerer 7, Wizard 7, Spellthief 7

This spell functions as Share Talents, except it gives +6 bonus to skill checks.

Superior Share Talents
Transmutation
Level: Bard 9, Cleric 10, Ranger 10, Sorcerer 10, Wizard 10, Spellthief 10

This spell functions as Share Talents, except it gives +10 bonus to skill checks.

Anastasia

Also known as undead suck. Really there's no shortage of spells to oppose the living dead like this.

Solar Pulse
Conjuration/Evocation (Healing) [Light]
Level: Clr 15
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Long (400ft + 40ft/level)
Area: 10ft/level radius burst
Saving Throw: Reflex partial

From above a massive burst of golden sunshine rejuvenates the living while obliterating the dead. Living creatures within the area of the spell heal 1d8+1 hit points per caster level (maximum 35d8+35) while the undead take the same amount of damage instead and are dazed for one round. A successful Reflex save halves the damage taken and negates the dazing.

A solar pulse automatically dispels any darkness spell within its area of 9th level or lower. Darkness spells of 10th level or higher are not affected.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That spell seems a little high for what it ends up doing. That may just be me undervaluing it, though.

Anastasia

It pays up extra for the anti-darkness feature, but it's pretty decent as it is. Big healing burst that's equally anti undead. It's a 10ft/level radius burst that you can position as well, which counts for more.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

If it helps, I've ping-ponged about this spell a bunch and I went lower end for now. If play reveals it as not competitive or reasonable, I'll adjust.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Somehow I read the 35d8 as 5d8, please just ignore me.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 07, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
Somehow I read the 35d8 as 5d8, please just ignore me.

Oh okay, those things happen.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hellball in bard boosting form. That really says it all. This is one of the two spells aimed at Lady Sanzha.

Song of the Elements
Evocation [Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire]
Level: Brd 8
Range: 120ft
Targets: All allies within 120ft
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

All allies who hear this spell have their weapons empowered with elemental might. Any weapon attacks they make deal an extra 2d6 points of acid damage, 2d6 points of cold damage, 2d6 points of electricity damage and 2d6 points of fire damage.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

The second spell, a marid spell for sure. It's still something Sanzha would appreciate.

In particular it makes water or aquatic allies better at things, as well as thematic ability to heal as the running waters flow.

Song of the Sea
Conjuration/Enchantment (Compulsion, Healing) [Mind-Affecting, Sonic, Water]
Level: Brd 10
Range: 120ft
Targets: All allies within 120ft
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

Song of the Sea grants all allies who hear it water breathing and freedom of movement, as by the spells of the same name. Additionally, allies with the aquatic or water subtypes gain a +6 insight bonus to attack rolls, saving throws and armor class, as well as fast healing 10.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Because one day Xandra would like to make huge beams and send her enemies flying with them.

What? Even a trumpet archon needs things to aspire to.

Starbeam
Evocation [Light]
Level: Sor/Wiz 15
Components: V, S, F
Range: 400ft
Area: Line from your hand
Saving Throw: Reflex half

You emit a beam of starlight that devastates creatures, dealing 1d8 points of damage per caster level (maximum 45d8) to any creature within it. Creatures that fail the save are dragged with the line to the end of the range. While being dragged prevents creatures moved by this spell to slam into each other, it does nothing to protect them from other hazards (such as passing through fire and being burned or falling because the line goes off a cliff, for example).

Focus

A small teardrop shaped star's tear gemstone worth 2,000 gold.

<Afina> Forever.