DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I'm not sure why I was banned from lunarnet for spamming, but whatever. Hopefully it resets tomorrow.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Yeah, it's supposed to reset daily or every 24 hours, not sure which. A few other people in other channels got nailed at the same time, I'm guessing it's a script gone bad.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Also you're up to post since that was Amaryl's moment and she is hugging you. If you wanna pause because of this IRC thing, just say so, it's cool.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 15, 2019, 01:25:05 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on January 15, 2019, 12:05:45 PM
Some of them I'm a bit iffy on, but for the most part they all offer various boosts to things (i.e. ways to inspire someone).

To frame my own thinking here, I'd define inspiration as primarily morale bonuses. That's what bardic music's most famous features do and inspiration best maps to morale. This isn't an iron rule, but I think that's a good place to work from. Alternately, something that's inspirational in flavor or design could work.

Would you agree or disagree with that?

I would agree with that. I'll do some digging and see if I can find something that matches on the iffy levels.

Anastasia

Okay. My off the cuff thoughts.

Quote1. Divine Favor

Works well enough in a general divine inspiration sense, sure.

Quote2. Share Talents

This one I don't really buy. It feels less about more inspiration and more giving someone some of your own ability. I'd suggest Aid (Clr 2) in its place.

Quote3. Glibness

Defensible I think, though not a natural fit. I'd also bump it to 4th level regardless.

Quote4. Battlecry

An odd duck there, as it has functionality that's meant for a bard. It fits but at the same time I don't think it's a great fit on account of it. I'd move glibness to this level and get something new for 3.

Quote5. Atonement

Yeah, I can see that for inspiration and restoring those who lost it to that.

Quote6. Surge of Hope

Yeah, that fits the domain if you were making it, sure.

Quote7. Empyreal Ecstasy

This feels like one of the iffy ones. Being all strung out and free from pain isn't really screaming inspiration to me. A blessing to be sure, but not one of inspiration.

Quote8. Crown of Glory

Hm. Is this meant to be a good aligned domain?

Quote9. Moment of Prescience

Yeah, that's a thing. I can at least see the argument for it, though.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This also proves why making domains can be tough, since except when something's pretty explicit, opinions can vary.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Spells and a new domain added to the spell collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Incidentally, this should've triggered though current events interfered before it could.

Kascha: Good, Loyal. ("I wonder if Syala's still upset at Aurora?")

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 24, 2019, 08:20:56 AM
Incidentally, this should've triggered though current events interfered before it could.

Kascha: Good, Loyal. ("I wonder if Syala's still upset at Aurora?")

The events that happened here will result in some node updates, that's likely coming today in play. Good catch.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I think an interesting feat for Kascha is my Draconic Aura: Energy/Fire (basically a refluffed fey aura). She does have fire, and she could use it more frequently. It'd raise her DCs, and later when she hits DvR1, she could pick up my Golden Flames as one of her SDAs.

Anastasia

I'm thinking about the following changes to Oberuth. The goal is to let him swap between sword and shield and TWF (and maybe a magic item that speeds up the change seamlessly) to suit the tone of the battle he's in. I don't see the init bonuses as a big deal, as he got a big bonus with Tears. Enduring/Lasting Life sucks to lose but cutting elsewhere hurts more. Likewise, CR and Spellcasting Harrier are almost flavor feats for him. He's not using a reach weapon and fundamentally, I don't do enough with AoOs to make it feel like it's worth it for him.

Thoughts?

Improved Initiative to Two Weapon Fighting.
Enduring Life to Improved Two Weapon Fighting.
Lasting Life to Greater Two Weapon Fighting.
Combat Reflexes to Oversized Two Weapon Fighting.

Needs to retrain Spellcasting Harrier and Superior Init due to prereqs. Can't qualify for Perfect Two Weapon Fighting yet due to a lack of Dex.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm not sure why, honestly. Isn't he doing enough damage? He also said he wanted a sword that was his, and not the gnomish god-king's, right? So it's weird if he wants to keep on using it beyond the absolutely necessary (in the ruins).

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 25, 2019, 07:54:55 PM
I'm not sure why, honestly. Isn't he doing enough damage? He also said he wanted a sword that was his, and not the gnomish god-king's, right? So it's weird if he wants to keep on using it beyond the absolutely necessary (in the ruins).

Just considering options, really. It was an errant comment he had, but he has the feats he could do it if he wanted to.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Oberuth does pretty solid damage for fighting one-handed so he could probably do pretty well out of two weapon fighting.

Corwin

Losing Spellcasting Harrier hurts, but the other feats can be replicated with fairly easy spells. I know he hates magic, but sensible people let friends cast life-saving shit on them, and he's working with a party.