"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Jetina reaches level 33.

- Pious Templar 23 and Healer 33.
- 3 on a d10 for a total of 15 hit points and a grand total of 570 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +33.
- Damage reduction rises by 1 to 11/-.
- Gains 23rd level pious templar casting. She gains another 9th level martyr's crown.
- Gains 33rd level healer casting. This grants her 3 14th level spells per day and a new 13th as well.
- No change to saves.
- Skills go up as normal.
- A new feat, which is Bonus Domain(Fire)(33) for some various offensive uses.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Elle's Triple Boom is finished and in the spell collection, going to edit her spell list to include it shortly.

Incidentally, Neph noted the name isn't entirely accurate and I agree. Truth is that I happen to really like the name.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Is Ranbar not in the Node thread because you want to integrate her properly first, or it's just an oversight?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

It's a todo, that's all. Thanks for reminding me.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 19, 2019, 05:03:32 PM
Is Ranbar not in the Node thread because you want to integrate her properly first, or it's just an oversight?

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 17, 2019, 01:43:48 PM
Inspired by Fireburst and Disintegrating Burst

Seira's Fireburst

Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 10
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: 5 ft.
Effect: Burst of fire extending 5 ft. from you
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (object)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell functions like fireburst, except that it deals 2d12 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 40d12).

A creature or object that makes a successful Fortitude save is partially affected, taking only 8d12 points of damage.

Any creature or object reduced by this spell to 0 or fewer hit points is burnt into ashes.

Seira's Fireburst
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/Wiz 10
Components: V, S
Range: 5ft
Effect: Burst of fire extending 5ft from you
Saving Throw: Reflex half (object)

This spell is similar to fireburst, dealing 2d10 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 40d10). Creatures or objects that make a successful Reflex save only takes 5d10 points of fire damage instead.

Any creature slain by this spell or object destroyed by this spell is reduced to ashes.

---

Odd duck of a spell, no two ways about it. We'll see how this revised version works out and revisit it once we have in game experience with it. The saving throw was changed to Reflex to better suit how the spell works thematically.

We'll see how this one works out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on March 16, 2019, 10:15:02 PM
Rules for an epic warmage are over in Homebrew now. Xandra is being made compliant with them as we speak.

This is mostly sorted. Xandra needs a few more spells to fill this out, that will come when I sit down and work on spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 16, 2019, 03:36:53 PM
A reminder that I'm waiting on the following list.

What I'm looking from this is either some off-screen recruitment for our forces by Donald and Kascha and some insight into Calley's notes, or IC hooks for me to pursue for much the same (and perhaps something awesome as a result of meeting them).

Okay. A few caveats.

1. This list excludes people with divine rank due to your comment about 21. This includes people who are long term proxies and current due to the template actually giving DvR0.
2. Creatures Seira won't treat with or who won't treat with her are excluded for the sake of practicality. Asshole McDevil may be wise in portals, but there's no sense in wasting each other's time.
3. Likewise, creatures who do not wish to be known by you are not included. Think creatures like the Arch-Angels who invest a lot in secrecy and being unknown. This is similar but slightly distinct from 2.
4. Creatures who count as DvR0 but has no divine rank (such as Authorities of Celestia) are included.
5. This is a selection, not an exhaustive list, for obvious reasons. This should be more than enough.

Dynosys, Authority of Pilgrimages.

The Authority of Pilgrimages has a great deal of practical knowledge about portals due to his duties. While he is not specialized in them, he has a vast collection of hands on experience with portals of all kinds.

Zonnas Brookmore

An ascended mortal who resides on Mertion of Celestia. He is technically a minor noble with a title of Baron, though he is not active in politics nor the military. Instead, Zonnas is absorbed in his own studies, which includes a non trivial amount of research on teleportation magic.

The Guardians of the Seal*

7 of the 77+7 Archangels, who oversee certain matters which often infringe on teleportation and travel magic. While inaccessible to most, as a deity you should be able to meet them with the proper inquiries.

Gremee of Eldath

A pacifist who specializes in travel magic to safely and non violently stop battles here. Notably eccentric in her ancient age, she forgoes magic items, weapons, armor and even clothes in favor of an array of magic woven around her. Vellan, her husband, does the same but focuses on healing rather than dimensional magic.

Lanal Marqez

A werebear that resides in the Beastlands. Has spent his eternity studying the deepest secrets of portal magic and has gained great talent, though less insight. A savant who does rather than thinks, but can do remarkable things to study.

Hectarr XXXVII

The current Inevitable Master of Portal Design, skilled at making portals through intensely sound fundamentals. Extremely orthodox but extremely good at being orthodox in portal and teleportation magic. Is willing to see you, but is busy and his appointments are booked solid for centuries.

Rald

A mercane who recently left the Consortium and a long time master of portal magic. Is living quietly in a retirement of vast wealth in his personal demiplane, purchased ages ago. Bring money as a matter of general mercane principles.

Trumainel

A mercenary couatl who has excessively studied portals and the Infinite Stair. Of a sour disposition and a sharp mind, he does fit in well with typical couatl.

Ron Farlan

A former Hammer of Tempus who resigned his position and ultimately survived Tempus's wrath for his heresy. Best called a magma gnome, he has insights into portals from hundreds of thousands of years of work on his own nexus demiplane.

* To save myself headaches in case anyone notes that the fluff book about the Arch Angels and this uses a different title for them: The book's meant to be unreliable and fragmentary. Oghma is not.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on March 15, 2019, 11:25:59 PM
Just a quick note, there will be no content update this weekend due to the demands of leveling up. If you happen to care about the streak in the topic tracking that, this weekend is waived and doesn't count.

Again this week, including the waiver. I'm doing enough DM work to count, anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on March 15, 2019, 09:29:44 PMDue to losing 3 Intelligence, Moore lost 1 modifier on his skills, so those are all fucked up. I will probably just take out Acrobatics for now to maintain skill point parity. We'll see, but I'll get back to this.

How did that work out?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 15, 2019, 06:45:21 PM
There's a couple spells that I want to get my own variants of.

First, this one, where the only change is to the energy type.

Seira's Fiery Leap (Lightning Leap)

Transmutation [Fire]
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 5
Components: V
Range: Personal and 60 ft.
Target/Area: You/10-to–60-ft. line
Saving Throw: None and Reflex half
Spell Resistance: No and Yes

With a sudden flash, you find yourself standing on the other side of the battle, leaving a smoking trail behind you.

You transform yourself into a stream of plasma. This line can be of any length from 10 feet to 60 feet, measured in 5-foot increments. You reappear in any square adjacent to the last square entered by the line, along with any gear worn or carried (up to a maximum of your heavy load limit). You can't bring along other creatures except for your familiar.

The line deals 1d6 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 15d6) to anything in its area. A successful Reflex save halves this damage, and spell resistance applies.

For this one, I took out the part about not making attacks of opportunity and removed the saving throw corresponding to it. If I read the original spell wrong and the save was also for the flanking aspect, I'd prefer to price it higher to compensate. Also, it gained a thematic change as well.

Seira's Phantom Battle (Phantom Battle)
(Player's Handbook II, p. 120)

Illusion (Figment)
Level: Sorcerer 4/Wizard 4
Components: V, S,
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: 20-ft.-radius spread
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None

You create an illusory horde of snarling reds and proud gold dragons locked in battle.
Creatures in the area move cautiously as they are caught up in the phantom melee.
This spell creates the illusion of a fierce battle.
Your enemies move cautiously, since the roar and confusion of the battle distracts them.
All creatures within the area are considered flanked.
A creature ignores this effect when it leaves the spell's area.
A phantom battle spell produces noise appropriate to fierce dragons locked in battle.
Anyone in the battle can plainly see that the conjured dragons are no threat, since they strike solely at their brethren, but the din, tumult, and confusion make it difficult to focus on the true foes at hand.
When you cast this spell, you can choose for it not to affect a number of allies you designate less than or equal to your caster level.

I kept on going back and forth with you on this spell, and since it went nowhere I decided to go for the original Pathfinder option. Of course, if that was an oversight and you actually approve of my revision in that link, that's even better.

Seira's Healing Flames
Conjuration (Healing) [Fire, Good]
Level: Clr 4, Pal 4
Components: V, S, DF
Area: 10-ft.-radius burst, centered on you
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text;

You unleash a blast of holy flames that washes over all creatures in the area in a glorious display of divine power. This deals damage to evil creatures and heals good creatures in the area. The amount of damage dealt and the number of hit points restored in each case is 1d8 points per 2 caster levels (maximum 5d8).

Half of the damage this spell deals to evil creatures is fire damage, and half of the damage is pure divine power that is therefore not subject to reduction by energy resistance to fire-based attacks.

Neutral enemies within the spell's area of effect also take the fire damage, but do not take the divine damage. Neutral allies within the area are healed by half as much as good creatures. A successful Reflex saving throw halves the damage taken in all cases.

A fire version of Lightning Leap is fine, you use that enough that you may as well make it distinct.

Rest doesn't seem objectionable offhand. If I missed anything, someone speak up.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 14, 2019, 12:26:46 AM
Requesting a transmutation damage spells for level 11, 12, and 13. (I have no ideas for one)

Also, some sort of alternative to Dragonshape as a source of Temp HP would be nice. Alyssa's not much for dragon-y things for herself.

Sure, will toss that on the heap with custom spells.

People who need custom spell work: Kascha, Elle, Jarem, Ianvasah, Jetina, Alyssa.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 13, 2019, 12:14:59 PM
Dune, please list the Donald and Elle SDAs (they each got one from me via the proxy template, I believe?) on their sheets.

Which ones did you give them?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on March 13, 2019, 01:40:38 AM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on March 12, 2019, 10:53:01 PM
Submitting for approval/update/changes:

MotUH 5 Capstone:
Telekinesis (Sp): You can use telekinesis at will as a spell like ability. Your caster level equals your hit dice. This ability permanently consumes a spell slot of the appropriate level. You can apply metamagic feats, without the benefit of any cost reduction, and have it gain those benefits and consume the new adjusted spell slot level.

TKM Bonus Feat:
Superior Inherent Telekinesis [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinesis SLA
Benefit: Your Telekinesis SLA uses the best casting stat as its base, and makes it an at-will ability.
Normal: Your Telekinesis SLA uses Charisma as its base state, and can only be used a number of times per day detailed by the ability.

Okay, the at will part isn't needed since Master of the Unseen Hand's houserule gives you TK as an at will SLA. Still, if you want to adjust the SLA with a feat, feel free.

Superior Telekinesis [Epic]
Prerequisite: Telekinesis as a spell-like ability at will, Telekinetic Focus+1
Benefit: You may use your choice of your Intelligence, Wisdom or Charisma modifiers to determine the DC of your telekinesis spell like ability.

Was this good, Iddy? I'll add it if it is.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.