News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yes.

That aside, my point in posting this is the following: The nodes know each other now. If y'all are interested in each other's treasure, maybe you should set something ups o you can send or trade pieces swiftly?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

I have no objections, assuming we can cut out the middleman of needing to debate IC what we're using for this venue and further needing to discuss IC who gets what and what's being taken and yadda yadda.

Assuming those are both the case, we can easily use Io's Maze as a vault of sorts (I'm sure he'd have no objections, being a dragon and all) for it, and we can just post in loot when something comes up that we're putting there. From there, it becomes a matter of interested parties discussing it.

What I don't want is needing to spend a lot of time on upkeep (I.e. no "Io's Vault" post where we keep the items) and needing to spend time IC discussing things that we can handle here.

Ebiris

I was basically just figuring I can offer things during teamups to give people a helpful boost or after teamups as a way of showing appreciation. IC I don't have a reason to contribute to some sort of node-only loot store since there's a world outside the nodes I might have reason to trade/give away cool stuff to as well.

Iron Dragoon

Proposing some feat retrains for approval:

Level 1: Improved Disarm -> Empower Spell
Human: Combat Expertise -> Maximize Spell
Level 6: Font of Inspiration -> Knowledge Devotion
Level 9: Knowledge Devotion -> Minor Shapeshift

I'm also interested in getting an Epic version of the Inspiring enchant(s).
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

Also, new spells from loot need to make their way into the Spell Collection so I can PUMP THEM UP!

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 17, 2019, 12:22:34 AM
Also, new spells from loot need to make their way into the Spell Collection so I can PUMP THEM UP!

Done. Acid cry added to the spell collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Moore's Quick Gather
Evocation
Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer 6, Wizard 6
Components: V, S, M,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Area: 100 ft emanation, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

This spell causes all unattended items to gather themselves up around you to be put away. You must provide a container for the items to go into, but can do so after you cast this spell. You control where each unattended item goes, i.e. into your pack or liquids into bottles. This spell has no effect on any item heavier than 15 pounds.

I wasn't really sure on the weight limit, but I went conservative.

EDIT: I'm also not sure if I need to specify how fast it does what it does. Or how you would even calculate that.

Iron Dragoon

Trying to get some more decent transmutation spells going:

Solar Convex Focal
Transmutation [Fire, Light]
Level: Drd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S, M.
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/level)
Target: 1 creature
Duration: Concentration; up to 1 round/level
Spell Resistance: Yes

While casting this spell you manipulate the energy of the ambient heat and light on a massive scale, the same way a magnifying glass does, only on a lethal scale. The result is a beam of super-heated air, visible only as a heat haze, that sears the target for 20d6 damage. Due to the almost invisible nature of the beam, creatures struck by this beam are subject to sneak attack damage on the first round it hits them regardless of how far the caster is from them. This only applies if the caster has sneak attack and the creature would be subject to sneak attack in the first place. While focusing this beam, the caster may change targets as a free action on their turn.

Material Component

A magnifying glass.

Iron Dragoon

Water-blasting
Transmutation/Conjuration [Water, Earth]
Level: Drd 8, Sor/Wiz 8
Range: Short (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text

Opening a tiny portal to the plane of Water you summon a jet of water, pressurized by all the weight of the plane. When this jet passes through your portal, small grains of Sand are called into it increasing the abrasive damage of it. The caster must succeed on a ranged touch attack to hit the target, and this jet deals 1d6 damage per caster level (maximum of 25d6) per round to the target, a successful reflex save halves this damage.

Any creature wither the Water or Earth sub-type takes half damage from this spell, while Constructs and objects take double damage.

Material Component

A small jar of water and sand.

Edit: what do you think of an effect where if you fail two consecutive saves you get knocked down from the pressure?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 17, 2019, 09:06:01 PM
Moore's Quick Gather
Evocation
Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer 6, Wizard 6
Components: V, S, M,
Area: 100 ft emanation, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level

This spell causes all unattended items to gather themselves up around you to be put away. You must provide a container for the items to go into, but can do so after you cast this spell. You control where each unattended item goes, i.e. into your pack or liquids into bottles. This spell has no effect on any item heavier than 15 pounds.

I wasn't really sure on the weight limit, but I went conservative.

EDIT: I'm also not sure if I need to specify how fast it does what it does. Or how you would even calculate that.

Moore's Quick Gather
Transmutation
Level: Brd 5, Sor/Wiz 6
Components: V, S, F
Area: 5ft/level emanation, centered on you
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level)

This spell causes all unattended items to gather themselves up around you to be put away. You must provide a container for the items to go into, but can do so after you cast this spell. You control where each unattended item goes, i.e. into your pack or liquids into bottles. This spell has no effect on any item heavier than 15 pounds. You can exclude any item from this spell that you wish.

Focus

One or more containers to store the items you gather.

How's this look?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

It's in the spell collection now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 17, 2019, 10:59:31 PM
Trying to get some more decent transmutation spells going:

Solar Convex Focal

While casting this spell you manipulate the energy of the ambient heat and light on a massive scale, the same way a magnifying glass does, only on a lethal scale. The result is a beam of super-heated air, visible only as a heat haze, that sears the target for 20d6 damage. Due to the almost invisible nature of the beam, creatures struck by this beam are subject to sneak attack damage on the first round it hits them regardless of how far the caster is from them. This only applies if the caster has sneak attack and the creature would be subject to sneak attack in the first place. While focusing this beam, the caster may change targets as a free action on their turn.

Material Component

A magnifying glass.

Okay, the beam should either allow a saving throw or require an attack roll to hit. Rest of it's basically fine, may reword the sneak attack parts a bit but that's no big deal.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 18, 2019, 12:57:50 PM
Okay, the beam should either allow a saving throw or require an attack roll to hit. Rest of it's basically fine, may reword the sneak attack parts a bit but that's no big deal.

Solar Convex Focal

While casting this spell you manipulate the energy of the ambient heat and light on a massive scale, the same way a magnifying glass does, only on a lethal scale. The result is a beam of super-heated air, visible only as a heat haze, that sears the target for 20d6 damage with a successful ranged touch attack. Due to the almost invisible nature of the beam, creatures struck by this beam are subject to sneak attack damage on the first round it hits them regardless of how far the caster is from them. This only applies if the caster has sneak attack and the creature would be subject to sneak attack in the first place. While focusing this beam, the caster may change targets as a free action on their turn.

Material Component

A magnifying glass.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 18, 2019, 12:59:38 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 18, 2019, 12:57:50 PM

Solar Convex Focal

While casting this spell you manipulate the energy of the ambient heat and light on a massive scale, the same way a magnifying glass does, only on a lethal scale. The result is a beam of super-heated air, visible only as a heat haze, that sears the target for 20d6 damage with a successful ranged touch attack. Due to the almost invisible nature of the beam, creatures struck by this beam are subject to sneak attack damage on the first round it hits them regardless of how far the caster is from them. This only applies if the caster has sneak attack and the creature would be subject to sneak attack in the first place. While focusing this beam, the caster may change targets as a free action on their turn.

Material Component

A magnifying glass.

Solar Convex Focal
Components: V, S, M

While casting this spell you manipulate the energy of the ambient heat and light on a massive scale, the same way a magnifying glass does, only on a lethal scale. The result is a beam of super-heated air, visible only as a heat haze, that sears the target for 25d6 fire damage with a successful ranged touch attack. Due to the almost invisible nature of the beam, creatures struck by this beam are subject to sneak attack damage on the first round it hits them regardless of how far the caster is from them. This only applies if the caster has sneak attack and the creature would be subject to sneak attack in the first place. While focusing this beam, the caster may change targets as a free action on their turn.

Material Component

A magnifying glass.
<Afina> Forever.