News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 14, 2018, 08:31:15 AM
I'll hold onto my proxy slot for the moment.

Cool, cool. Do with it what you will. Do note you get one per divine rank you have, so while you don't need to use them, you don't need to feverishly hoard it, either. Use with wisdom.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Two boards up, three to go. Get in names and descriptions when you have them, y'all.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 14, 2018, 08:23:39 AM

What level is Moment of Prescience for bard casting?

Bards cannot actually cast Moment of Prescience.

Anastasia

Okay then, refresh me on how you get an extra divination spell?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Sure. It's from the Bardic Sage variant that Moore has, that gives you one per each level of spellcasting you know.

"In addition to the normal number of spells known, a bardic sage knows one Divination spell of each spell level he is capable of casting."

The examples they give for the extra spells are not always ones that only bards know, if that helps at all.

Anastasia

In that case, I'd allow it at level 11, but not 10. I don't think it shows any signs of giving out divination spells early, does it?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quick sanity note worth mentioning: A lot of things are getting imported from older games. That's okay and obviously expected. I will do a sanity read of sheets before we begin, to make sure nothing needs adjustments in totality.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 14, 2018, 11:19:59 AM
In that case, I'd allow it at level 11, but not 10. I don't think it shows any signs of giving out divination spells early, does it?

It does, actually. Here's the spell list for your reference: 1st—detect chaos/evil/good/law; 2nd—zone of truth; 3rd—arcane sight; 4th—analyze dweomer (lowered from 6th), sending; 5th—contact other plane, greater scrying (lowered from 6th); 6th—true seeing, vision.

Also, Moore's giving Cresiel 60,000 gold to get himself some improved stuff.

Anastasia

Hold onto that gold for now, I'll discuss items and stuff at a future date.

Okay, that's reasonable enough then, so go ahead and grab it for that.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Yuthirin

Board name: Team Awesome!
Subtext: Tryll & Calleigh Troll the Multiverse
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 14, 2018, 12:33:30 PM
Board name: Team Awesome!
Subtext: Tryll & Calleigh Troll the Multiverse

I shall submit it to the horrifying Dracos. May we all hide and await his dreadful judgment.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I've been toying with details about my char and was wondering on some epic skill usages. I'm sorta going for a Blade Empress type thing and was wondering if there would be something like an epic use of Knowledge: Weapons to like get a bonus to attack or understand how to use a weapon and get temporary profiecency with it. Or a bonus to combat manuvers like disarm.

Also, I plan to make her a cartographer, so anything with that? Mapping planes and what not?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

There's no Knowledge (Weapons) skill. The closest things would be Appraise (which isn't really on target) or a Profession skill related to using weapons. Total honesty, if you just need proficiency in weapons, dip a level of fighter or something like that.

Profession (Cartographer) and Knowledge (Geography) would be relevant, with the former being the one I'd suggest putting points into for the sake of making some new epic skills around it. It would share some similarities to epic Survival for sure.

Secret slaad 1 is here. Congratulations and make sure to report that you found it. Quoting this post will work.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Just for the sake of having it written down, here are the spells Moore is taking.

Bard:
6th: He's swapping Irresistible Dance for Greater Carrying Voice.

8th: Superior Invisibility
9th: Shades, Reaving Dispel, Unbinding
10th: Sensual Blessing

Cleric:
6th - Forbiddance
8th – Earthquake
9th -  Magic Disjunction, Mass Heal, End to Strife

EDIT:

Adding to this, Moore's epic feats at level 30 are Lasting Impression and Epic Reputation.