Dissolving Touch
Conjuration (creation) [Acid]
Level: Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (object)
Spell Resistance: No

Your hand is coated in a glowing sheathe of green acid before you touch your foe and they are melted under its caress. Your successful melee touch inflicts 1d12 acid damage per caster level (maximum 40d12), furthermore this potent acid dissolves and weakens scales and armour both, inflicting a -10 penalty to the victim's armour and natural armour bonuses. If this penalty reduces the armour bonus to 0, the item is destroyed (or dispelled in the case of magical armour such as the Mage Armour spell), otherwise it must be repaired to regain its effectiveness. Natural armour so weakened can only be restored with a Regenerate or greater spell.

A successful fortitude save negates the armour penalty but not the damage.

Ebiris

Addendum to the above, it explicitly works on stuff like mage armour so possibly adding a note that it can melt through walls of force may be thematic as well.

Corwin

I have a speed question.

QuoteNote: Use the Biped column for burrow and swim speeds for all deities regardless of form. Use half the value in the Biped column for climb speeds for all deities. Use twice the value in the Quadruped column for fly speeds to determine a deity's fly speed.

How does it mesh with a monk's bonus? Or barbarian's, for that matter?

Say my speed is 60ft, and flight speed is 100x2=200ft. My monk's enhancement bonus to speed is 30ft. To the best of my knowledge, it applies to all methods of travel.

So does my speed become 90ft on foot, 230ft in flight? 260ft in flight?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Dissolving Touch - Rename, it's a psionic power, so no need for confusion.
Conjuration (Creation) [Acid]

Your hand is coated in a glowing sheathe of green acid before you touch your foe and they are melted under its caress. Your successful melee touch inflicts 1d12 acid damage per caster level (maximum 40d12), furthermore this potent acid dissolves and weakens scales and armour both, inflicting a -10 penalty to the victim's armor and natural armor bonuses. If this penalty reduces the armor bonus to 0, the item is destroyed (or dispelled in the case of magical armor such as the Mage Armor spell), otherwise it must be repaired to regain its effectiveness. Natural armor so weakened can only be restored with a Regenerate or greater spell.

A successful Fortitude save negates the armor penalty but not the damage.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 15, 2018, 05:16:32 PM
I have a speed question.

QuoteNote: Use the Biped column for burrow and swim speeds for all deities regardless of form. Use half the value in the Biped column for climb speeds for all deities. Use twice the value in the Quadruped column for fly speeds to determine a deity's fly speed.

How does it mesh with a monk's bonus? Or barbarian's, for that matter?

Say my speed is 60ft, and flight speed is 100x2=200ft. My monk's enhancement bonus to speed is 30ft. To the best of my knowledge, it applies to all methods of travel.

So does my speed become 90ft on foot, 230ft in flight? 260ft in flight?

Determine your base movement speed from the table in the divine rules, then apply any movement bonuses such as monk's fast movement.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

How about calling it Flux Grasp then?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Flux Grasp
Conjuration (Creation) [Acid]

Your hand is coated in a glowing sheathe of green acid before you touch your foe and they are melted under its caress. Your successful melee touch inflicts 1d12 acid damage per caster level (maximum 40d12), furthermore this potent acid dissolves and weakens scales and armour both, inflicting a -10 penalty to the victim's armor and natural armor bonuses. If this penalty reduces the armor bonus to 0, the item is destroyed (or dispelled in the case of magical armor such as the Mage Armor spell), otherwise it must be repaired to regain its effectiveness. Natural armor so weakened can only be restored with a Regenerate or greater spell.

A successful Fortitude save negates the armor penalty but not the damage.
[/quote]
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 15, 2018, 11:33:22 AM
Dana's Concussive Movement
Psychokinesis [Force]
Level: Psychic Warrior 6
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal; see text
Target: You; see text
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Power Resistance: Yes; see text
Power Points: 11

This spell unleashes a burst of concussive force 15ft in radius, centered on you. All creatures within it suffer 11d6 points of force damage and are knocked back 15ft. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the movement.

You are subject to this spell, except you are not allowed a saving throw or power resistance. However, you can use the force to move 50ft in any direction. If you collide with an object, you take 5d6 points of damage, while if you collide with a creature, you and the creature both take this damage. You can move less than 50ft if you wish, but you must move at least 10ft.

Augment

If you spend 6 additional power points, you can manifest this power as a swift action.

---

First draft, Yuth. What do you think?
Does it deal 11d6 to the manifestor as well??
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Yes. It's Dana, that's a feature and not a bug.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That's an awful lot. I'd say it's reasonable to do half damage to the manifestor. 11d6 is too much. 6d6. 
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I have a longer post about money and how each node is going to handle it, but an announcement.

As of now, Afina's crazy discount services are no longer available. This mostly applies to Tryll and Moore, but heads up in case any of you were going to find a reason to beeline on over to her. She's off exploring Lifasa and finding her good ending, not making magical gear. Aurora's other shops aren't closed if you end up being there, but I'd prefer y'all don't without a solid reason. Again, B3 just ended, give it some down time.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 15, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
That's an awful lot. I'd say it's reasonable to do half damage to the manifestor. 11d6 is too much. 6d6.

I mean...I don't disagree, I don't. It's Dana, that's all. She looks at an average of 33ish damage, shrugs and says sure, why the fuck not? She's the sort of person to blow herself up to get around the battlefield and like it. She sees nothing wrong with the power as written.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 15, 2018, 09:55:08 PM

I mean...I don't disagree, I don't. It's Dana, that's all. She looks at an average of 33ish damage, shrugs and says sure, why the fuck not? She's the sort of person to blow herself up to get around the battlefield and like it. She sees nothing wrong with the power as written.
It's not balanced.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 15, 2018, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 15, 2018, 09:55:08 PM

It's not balanced.

Okay, how is it not balanced?
<Afina> Forever.