News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 16, 2018, 02:03:10 AM[Torso] Robe of the Archmagi: 75,000gp. Would like to boos the Resistance Saves up to +6.

Take the price of a +6 saves boosting cloak of resistance (check the epic rules topic over on R&S, there's a post about epic magic items so you can get the cost there) and subtract the price of a +4 cloak of resistance. The difference is the price.

Quote[Hands] Gloves of the Master Strategist: 3600gp Book: Ghostwalk. Would like to combine this with the Ring of Arming from MIC, 5,000gp. Also need to confirm exactly how many things it can store. Says things you don't have free hands for appear at feet, so it reads that it can store multiple weapons.

Superseded by the 3.5 item gloves of storing. However, Jaela had a neat solution to this sort of item. Jaela, refresh us on what you did for that?

Quote[Head] Lore Gem: MIC 7500. Would like to add: Mind Blank and increase spell slots equal to a Blessed Spellbook, and add a Headband of Conscious Effort effect to it.

Lore Gem is fine, but remember to include the MIC doubler. The Blessed Book upgrade will be the price of the Blessed Book, that's an upgrade, not stacking a new item on. For the Headband, remember the MIC doubler and the 1.5 stacking cost modifier.

Quote[Necklace] Necklace of Adaptation, 9000gp, would like to add a Ring of Sustenance effect to this.

Sure, just add the stacking modifier.

Quote[Ring 1] Ring of Counterspells, 4,000gp. Would like to check what it would cost to give this a second spell slot and possibly boost it to 9th level.

This one's going to take homework, so I'm punting it to the todo list. I'll be in touch.

QuoteCloak of Displacement, Minor: 24,000. MIC has an item called Cloak of Weaponry, 2,300 gp. Allows storing of a single weapon. Would like to combine and increase storage for many weapons. Likely to be cost prohibitive, but worth asking about.

See the comment about Jaela's weapon storage solution. Lemme refresh on that before ruling on this.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Iddy, there's already a quick identification epic skill usage for Spellcraft. To quote:

Quick Identification

You can identify magical items as a standard action instead of over three rounds. Items that require a check result of 50 or higher to identify require a check that meets or exceeds that value.

DC 50.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Working up alchemy for Lady Sanzha. Half of it is some epic skill usages for it, while the other half are some unique items from the Cauldron. Here's the first half.

Craft (Alchemy)

Alchemists of great skill can make alchemical items much stronger than the norm.

TaskDC modifier
Augmented Item+20
Increase Power+10
Increase Duration+10
Increase DC+10

Any item improved must first be augmented by the Augment Item epic skill usage. That is applied before any other modifiers.

Augmented Item

You can make alchemical items stronger than usual. This is identical to the benefits of items created with the Augmented Alchemy feat, except that you do not need that feat to do so.

Increase Power

The damage of your alchemical items is greater than the norm. Increase the damage your items deal by one die. For example, an item that deals 1d8 points of damage would deal 2d8 points of damage, while an item that deals 3d4 points of damage would now deal 4d4 points of damage. This can be applied multiple times to the same item, each time increasing the damage dealt by one die.

Increase Duration

Your alchemical items last longer than others. If your item has a duration measured in rounds, increase the number of rounds by five. If your item has a duration measured in minutes, increase the number of minutes by ten. If your item has a duration measured in tens of minutes, increase the number of minutes by sixty. If your item has a duration measured in hours, increase the number of hours by ten. This can be applied multiple times to the same item, each time increasing the duration by the same number.

Increase DC

You make alchemical items are that harder to resist. The save DC of your alchemical items increases by 3. This can be applied multiple times to the same item, each time increasing the DC by 3.

---

Any comments?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, giving Moore's sheet a quick once over. It's mostly just +4 levels from B3 so this one will be minimal.

Looks fine enough. I don't see anything to comment on, which is expected in your situation.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay Cor, talking about Amaryl's build was postponed until you have some progress in yours.

Scout 21/Dragonbreath Archer 8//Ranger 10/Dragon Devotee 5/Sorcerer 14

This seems pretty solid under the realities of her build - needing both scout and ranger for awhile, then needing to run sorc. It's short 1 level which should be Dragonbreath Archer 9 and Sorcerer 15. Any comments?

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1054067.html#msg1054067

Note that feats may be getting rejigged regardless. A few of them were chosen casually.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Random question, do outsider-typed familiars of epic characters cause spiritual wounds on the prime?

Anastasia

They generally do not.

Exception/Crazy Catchall: In the event the familiar is 21 or more hit dice naturally, then they would as normal regardless. I could only see this happening by divine familiar shenanigans, maybe?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

New houserule from the epic level rules thread.

4. An epic dragon disciple gains a bonus spell at level 11 and every level thereafter.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

This is just a stream of consciousness commentary as I was doing Alicia's sheet, you can ignore the spells I put down there since they've already been posted and polished by Dune, but this notes some helpful numbers for where Alicia's at from being imported which might make it easier to audit her sheet.

Alicia rebuild project

First of all, her stats at level 23 after removing her epic destiny bonus and magic items were: STR 21, DEX 19, CON 20, INT 16, WIS 19, CHA 25
So +11 from DvR1 as well as 2 points at levels 24 and 28. Putting them into charisma and strength (this leaves them odd for now and useless, but I figure we'll gain more divine ranks through play as much as levels).

Her base saves at level 20 come from paladin 5/duskblade 13/witch slayer 2, for Fort: +15, Ref: +5, Will: +12. Epic saves at levels 23/26/29 add +3 to those for Fort: +18, Ref: +8, Will: +15. These are also Marie's base saves as her familiar. Alicia also adds +1 to all saves from her Reversed Euryale trait.

For hit dice, paladin and fighter and abjurant champion are all d10, duskblade and witch slayer are d8. Maxing them out as a deity comes to 120+144 for 264 before adding her con mod (+10), giving her a total of 564 hp. Marie's HP is 80% of that from her familiar toughness trait from B1 so she gets 451 hp.

Alicia had a trait called Love's Grace that gave her half her charisma mod as a deflection bonus to AC. Divinity gives her her full deflection bonus to AC so we'll just discard that.

Domains, she gets Good and Law for free as said in the game summary back on the B3 board, her other domains are Magic, War, and... lets go with Purification? So as well as all the spells as SLAs that gets her the domain abilities which are... Cast good spells at +1 CL, cast law spells at +1 CL, use magic items as a wizard of one half her level (pointless), martial proficiency with her favoured weapon (which is an exotic weapon so this doesn't actually work) and weapon focus in her favoured weapon (this does work), and cast abjuration spells at +1 CL.

For her divine damage reduction she picks silver as the metal component.

For the energy immunity she picks fire and cold.

Onto classes, using the Holy Warrior ACF for paladin, dropping spellcasting to get power attack as a bonus feat at level 4. Her sacred cleansing trait boosts her lay on hands pool by 25%. She also ditches her special mount with the Stand Fast alternate class feature from Cityscape web enhancement here that lets her give her divine grace to all allies within 20 feet for one saving throw type for one round, and add her divine grace to any roll made against being tripped/sundered/disarmed/grappled/bull rushed, once per day for each.

For Duskblade she uses the Skilled City Dweller ACF from Cityscape web enhancement here to swap her Ride skill for Tumble.

Her undead bane, nimbus of light, and holy radiance special abilities are ported over without issue. She also picked up a few SLAs through play - summon monster V (fire elemental only) 1/day and arcane sight at will, both are ported over.

I'm going to make up some custom spells now for her high level sorc casting.

Ravaging Touch
Necromancy
Level: Sor/Wiz 10
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fort half
Spell Resistance: Yes

With a touch you ravage your foe of their talents, leaving them weaker, slower, feebler, stupider, even uglier. The target suffers 2d4 points of ability drain to strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma.

Dissolving Touch
Conjuration (creation) [Acid]
Level: Sor/Wiz 12
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Targets: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (object)
Spell Resistance: No

Your hand is coated in a glowing sheathe of green acid before you touch your foe and they are melted under its caress. Your successful melee touch inflicts 1d12 acid damage per caster level (maximum 40d12), furthermore this potent acid dissolves and weakens scales and armour both, inflicting a -10 penalty to the victim's armour and natural armour bonuses. If this penalty reduces the armour bonus to 0, the item is destroyed (or dispelled in the case of magical armour such as the Mage Armour spell), otherwise it must be repaired to regain its effectiveness. Natural armour so weakened can only be restored with a Regenerate or greater spell.

A successful fortitude save negates the armour penalty but not the damage.

Skills next. Witch slayer is 4 + int, all other classes are 2 + int. Adding in the 4 for houserules, 1 for human, that works out to 15 she can max out, with a left over ten skill points she can dump in something random thanks to witch slayer. She'll drop those extra ones in bluff since that was a sideline of hers.

Anastasia

Looks good, I will use this for sheet auditing. Thanks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 16, 2018, 09:55:03 AM
Quote from: Yuthirin on April 16, 2018, 12:10:49 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 15, 2018, 10:05:35 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on April 15, 2018, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 15, 2018, 09:55:08 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on April 15, 2018, 09:53:09 PM
That’s an awful lot. I’d say it’s reasonable to do half damage to the manifestor. 11d6 is too much. 6d6.
I mean...I don't disagree, I don't. It's Dana, that's all. She looks at an average of 33ish damage, shrugs and says sure, why the fuck not? She's the sort of person to blow herself up to get around the battlefield and like it. She sees nothing wrong with the power as written.
It's not balanced.

Okay, how is it not balanced?
It deals too much damage to the manifestor.

That's a tricky wicket to argue, because that's as designed for Dana. She simply doesn't care about the damage. But rather than have an inane argument about this that I don't think either of us want, how about this? Dropping it down a spell level to reduce damage for all - because honestly, this power isn't about the damage it does to other creatures, that's just a bonus side effect.

Dana's Concussive Movement
Psychokinesis [Force]
Level: Psychic Warrior 5
Display: Auditory
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal; see text
Target: You; see text
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial; see text
Power Resistance: Yes; see text
Power Points: 9

This spell unleashes a burst of concussive force 15ft in radius, centered on you. All creatures within it suffer 9d6 points of force damage and are knocked back 15ft. A successful Fortitude save halves the damage and negates the movement.

You are subject to this spell, except you are not allowed a saving throw or power resistance. However, you can use the force to move 50ft in any direction. If you collide with an object, you take 5d6 points of damage, while if you collide with a creature, you and the creature both take this damage. You can move less than 50ft if you wish, but you must move at least 10ft.

Augment

If you spend 6 additional power points, you can manifest this power as a swift action.
I can live with it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Done, added to her sheet and spell collection.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Feel free to check the todo list, y'all. Progress is being made.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 16, 2018, 11:23:24 AM
Okay, giving Moore's sheet a quick once over. It's mostly just +4 levels from B3 so this one will be minimal.

Looks fine enough. I don't see anything to comment on, which is expected in your situation.

+4?! Don't stiff me on an extra level! I should be 31 in that case! (I'm kidding, I'm kidding)

Anastasia

Whoops, yeah, typo. I think I had the others in mind.
<Afina> Forever.