News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 16, 2018, 10:10:24 AM
Superseded by the 3.5 item gloves of storing. However, Jaela had a neat solution to this sort of item. Jaela, refresh us on what you did for that?

See the comment about Jaela's weapon storage solution. Lemme refresh on that before ruling on this.

Okay. My signature item went through a bunch of revisions!

This is its final form~

Spoiler: ShowHide
Scarlet Gauntlets [Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting +5; Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing]: Attacks and spells ignore the 50% miss chance of incorporeal creatures, melee attacks deal 1d6 more damage to incorporeal creatures. MIC p216. [30,000gp/120,000gp]

Gauntlet of Weapon Storing
    This device is a simple metal gauntlet. On command, one item held in the hand wearing the glove disappears. The item can weigh no more than 20 pounds and must be able to be held in one hand. While stored, the item has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the item reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:
    -Up to sixty objects of the same general size and shape as an arrow.
    -Up to eighteen objects of the same general size and shape as a javelin.
    -As many as nine objects of the same general size and shape as a bow (spears, staffs, or the like).
    Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The items are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored items appears instantly. The wearer can choose which of them to hold; the rest drop to the ground around him.
    -The Gauntlet of Weapon Storing can cast the Keen Edge spell on any weapon drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, as per the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.
    -The Gauntlet of Weapon Storing can cast the Greater Magic Weapon spell on any weapon drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.

Gauntlet of Armor Storing
    This device is a simple metal gauntlet. By speaking the proper command word, you can summon armor from it. While stored, the armor has negligible weight. With a snap of the fingers wearing the gauntlet, the armor reappears. The gauntlet is capable of containing the following:
    -Up to sixty dresses and general purpose outfits.
    -Up to six objects of the same general size and shape as a shield.
    -As many as six objects of the same general size and shape as a suit of armor.
The possible activation mode are:
    -If you aren't wearing armor at the time, a suit of stored armor appears on your body, as though you had donned it in the normal fashion.
    -If you are wearing other armor at the time, it is stored into the gauntlet at the same time the new suit of armor appears on your body.
    -If you are wearing armor, you may send it away into the gauntlet.
    Storing or retrieving any item is a free action. The armors are held in stasis and shrunk down so small within the palm of the gauntlet that they cannot be seen. Spell durations are not suppressed, but continue to expire. If an effect is suppressed or dispelled, the stored armors appears instantly. If the wearer is not currently in armor, he can choose which of them to don; the rest drop to the ground around him.
    -The Gauntlet of Armor Storing can cast the Magic Vestment spell on any armor or shield drawn from it on command up to 3 times per day, similar to the Scabbard of Keed Edges. CL is 20.
equipped

Link for reference: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1089552.html#msg1089552

Scarlet Gauntlets [Gauntlets of Ghost Fighting +5; Left/Armor Storing, Right/Weapon Storing] 30,000gp/120,000gp

That's a 120,000gp price for all the features they give. The link gives a breakdown of them, as well as refers to the previous version. They went through 3-4 revisions over the game, and originated from a few basic items (Glove of Storing and the re/call functions on armor, if memory serves me right).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Hm. Okay, then the other option is lots of shrink'd weapons. So, there's the Wand Bracelet, but that's 4 items of no more than 5 pounds. It's 25k, so what are we looking at for something expanded on that?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Part two of Lady Sanzha's elemental work. She's found out how to make some interesting offensive alchemical weapons as a side effect of her studies into elemental harmony.

Lady Sanzha's Alchemical Creations

SubstanceCraft (Alchemy) DCCost
Liquid Fire Bomb30500
Sticky Bomb35850
Entombing Pebble35900
Instant Deluge401000
Smoke Bomb401250
Elemental Catastrophe401500

Liquid Fire Bomb

This bomb is composed of fire forced into the form of liquid water, encased in a glass sphere. This combination is inherently unstable and explodes once exposed to air. This bomb can be throw up to 100ft and is a special splash weapon, so it requires a ranged touch attack roll to hit a target. It deals 5d6 fire damage to the target and 2d6 fire damage as splash damage to all creatures within 10ft of the target.

Sticky Bomb

This is identical to a liquid fire bomb, except that a bit of earth energy has been added to the mix. This adds stickiness to the compound. Creatures damaged by a sticky bomb find themselves on fire and take an additional 2d6 points of fire damage per round for 1d4+1 rounds. A creature set on fire can take a full round action to extinguish the flames, this requires a successful DC 20 Reflex save. Immersion in water or 10 or more points of cold damage automatically extinguish the flames.

Entombing Pebble

This pebble is elemental Earth compressed with an outer shell of fragile elemental Air. When thrown against a hard surface or a creature, the air dissipates and the Earth erupts out on whatever it touched. If thrown against an object, it fills the 5ft square it hit with clumps of stone. If thrown against a creature, threat this as a ranged attack with a range of up to 100ft. If it hits, the creature must make a DC 30 Reflex save or be caught within a body-tight shell of hard stone six inches thick. This prevents the creature from moving, they are effectively paralyzed. A creature trapped within can escape by a DC 30 Strength check. Alternately, the shell can be destroyed by 50 points of bludgeoning damage by another creature.

The stone created by an entombing pebble is permanent and non magical. A creature trapped within an entombing pebble can breathe, as there are small cracks and imperfections within the rock that allow air to pass through.

Instant Deluge

This small potion constantly roils and is a deep, clear blue color. When broken, a tidal wave erupts out from it, 15ft tall and 30ft wide. The wave travels 100ft before exhausting itself and soaks the entire area it travels through. Any creature in the path of the wave must make a DC 30 Fortitude save or be swept along with the wave and knocked prone at the end of the movement.

If instead opened and poured into a deep hole, dry lake or other such thing, this instead produces enough water to fill a 20ftx20ftx20ft space. This use of instant deluge does not move creatures or knock them prone.

Smoke Bomb

This pellet contains a perfectly balanced mixture of elemental Air and Fire, kept apart. When the pellet is exposed to water, the elemental flames begin to quench and the steam mixes with the air, creating a powerful blast of smoke. This covers everything in a 100ft radius and up to 50ft high in choking, blinding smoke. Treat this smoke as fog cloud, except that creatures cannot breathe within the smoke. The smoke lasts for one minute, then the radius shrinks 10ft and lowers 5ft each round thereafter. A moderate or stronger wind disperses the cloud within 2 rounds.

Elemental Catastrophe

This mixture of all four elements is contained in a glass bottle. It can be thrown at a creature as ranged attack with a range of 100ft. A creature struck is lashed with the power of all four elements, taking 5d6 points each of acid, cold, electricity and fire damage.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

The new epic usages for Craft (Alchemy) are in the epic skills list of the epic rules thread.

I'm probably going to stash Sanzha's goodies over somewhere in Seira's node for reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, tossing this here for Cor anyone, as I'm fiddling with Amaryl's feats and could use some advice. Her feats are as follows:

Feats: Point Blank Shot(1), Track(R1), Rapidshot(R2), Precise Shot(3), Endurance(R3), Far Shot(R4), Swift Hunter(S4), Weapon Focus(Longbow)(6), Manyshot(R6), Improved Critical(Longbow)(R8), Improved Initiative(S8), Greater Manyshot(9), Deadeye(12), Quick Reconnoiter(S12), Dragonfire Strike(15), Improved Skirmish(S16), Eschew Materials(SO1), Nemesis(Evil Outsiders)(18), Dodge(S20), Extend Spell(SO5), Silent Spell(SO10), ?(SO15)
Epic Feats: Energy Resistance(Fire)(21), Blinding Speed(24), Improved Manyshot(DBA3), Multiaction(27), Bane of Enemies(DBA6), ?(30), ?(DBA9)

So Cor wants her to grab split ray and/or quicken spell. No problem, she can easily retrain some metamagics and has a new metamagic bonus feat level 30 anyway. The trick is she needs to be able to do it without the casting time increase or the metamagic is worthless. That requires rapid metamagic, which can be taken as early as 9th level. (ACFs are out of the picture, as she's traded her familiar for wilderness companion, since she has Yoshi as an animal companion.)

So the question is, what the hell does she drop? Greater Manyshot at 9 is the point of the build, Deadeye's hugely critical and important, Dragonfire Strike is a prereq of her epic PrC, Nemesis(Evil Outsiders) is set up to get the epic feat for it (and useful regardless). Energy Resistance(Fire) is a prereq, Blinding Speed's for Multiaction so that's not going anywhere, Multiaction stays for the same reasons.

I guess it'll have to be her level 30 feat. Plug in Rapid Metamagic there, grab quicken with one of the sorc bonus feats and do whatever with the Dragonbreath Archer bonus feat.

Posting this since it's done and I may need to reference this logic later.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Looking at it, aren't Point Blank Shot and Precise shot which are currently her regular feats on the scout bonus feat list? If so, you could see if you need all of the feats you got via the Scout bonus feats and reshuffle things to free up one or two regular feat slots.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 17, 2018, 11:36:39 AM
Looking at it, aren't Point Blank Shot and Precise shot which are currently her regular feats on the scout bonus feat list? If so, you could see if you need all of the feats you got via the Scout bonus feats and reshuffle things to free up one or two regular feat slots.

Doesn't work, prereq tangles, basically. They're core to most archery feats, so twisting those around risks bringing down the entire feat tree.

Amaryl's posted. I'll review her spells a little more and her feats once I've had a bit of time to mull on it and rejigger in depth. It'll take a fair bit of time to run it all down so I'll come back to it in a few days. Going on the todo list.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also who's your new avatar, Eb?

In related news, I may change mine since I think the pit fiend needs a break. Any suggestions?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's Lena Sayers from Mai Otome, the original model for Alicia.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 17, 2018, 01:29:15 PM
It's Lena Sayers from Mai Otome, the original model for Alicia.

Cool. You startled the life out of me when I first saw it, completely got me by surprise.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, re items for everyone.

Alyssa: You're starting from scratch so not a lot to say here. Let me know when you're done buying and I'll see if I feel you need more gold to spend. I probably will I think, at least another 50k.

Moore and Tryll: Yer loaded on steam pixie stuff. Shouldn't be any problems besides Cresiel, and that's something that should be easy enough to resolve IC. If you feel you need a gear adjustment for something, let me know and we'll talk.

Alicia and Seira: You two are fine overall, but there's one point that Cor brought up. He asked if a few things that are sub epic for them can be scaled up. Now I don't want to hand you two any more advantages - you're starting off the strongest by far, admittedly earned through from B1 - but if you have anything you feel should be upgraded, speak up. This is mostly for things that you would've over your IC time. Deities have tons of resources and access, so doing so can be handwaved, within reason. I did upgrade some stuff for B1 NPCs, so it's only fair to see. DM judgment in each case, though.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I can work with my current equipment but I do need to swap my falchion for a two-bladed sword. Since enchanting both ends is the same as having to buy two epic weapons I don't mind giving up Hell Striker to pay for adjusting Bonds. Can say it got given to some up and coming hero or something.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 17, 2018, 02:49:19 PM
I can work with my current equipment but I do need to swap my falchion for a two-bladed sword. Since enchanting both ends is the same as having to buy two epic weapons I don't mind giving up Hell Striker to pay for adjusting Bonds. Can say it got given to some up and coming hero or something.

Easily enough done. Feel free to elaborate on who got it or leave it to DM discretion/fuel.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

We don't have any named people that use that kind of weapon, but lets say she gave it to some up and coming champion of Raziel as part of various interplanar wheelings and dealings over the past twenty years?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.