News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

BATTLE METAMAGIC
The deity is particularly adept with using spells and spell-like abilities in army battles.
Prerequisite: Spellcaster level 21st, Widen Spell.
Benefit: When the deity casts a spell modified by Widen Spell, the deity can choose to enhance the spell area of Widen Spell applied to her spells and spell-like abilities up to a mile per her Divine Rank rather than by 100%.
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Knowledge, Magic, War

Something Cor wanted. I have no problem with the concept, just not sure about the range. I'm putting this out tentatively, with an understanding I may adjust it as I do more homework. Cor needs it for Seira, so I won't have him waiting on me to finally make up my mind. If I do adjust it, I'll give Cor a free change out if needed.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I'd like Aegis of the Tarrasque to be animated so I could keep on using it.

Fire: Breastplate+7. This armor has a maximum dexterity cap of 14, no arcane spell failure and only -1 armor check penalty. The gems in the armor are infused with fire magic, granting her a +3 bonus to her caster level with spells of the fire descriptor. By drawing on the magic within the gems, Seira can enhance (as the epic metamagic feat) one spell or spell-like ability with the fire descriptor per day, with no increase in casting time or spell level. <-- I'd prefer to get these gems in a separate item, possibly merged with one or more I already have.

I'd want the following three to have better values:

Greater Luckstone [80,000gp]: A magical four leaf clover; its possessor gains a +3 luck bonus to saves, skill checks and ability checks.
Krystear Emblem: This emblem is from a faraway world, the symbol of an ancient kingdom there. It channels good fortune around the wearer, granting a +3 luck bonus to armor class. This is a slotless accessory.
Powerbow: Longbow+1, "Power". When used to shoot arrows, the user may use Power Attack for those shots, converting hit and BAB to damage potential. This works as the trait of the same name. Effectively
a +2 weapon.

I'd want a ring of wizardry that doubles all spells for levels 1-9 rather than:

Ring of Wizardry I, IV [120,000gp]

I think the epic armor should pay for most of the difference, but I have to admit I'm not sure if it'd be enough. If so, I'll sell a few of my existing items I no longer need.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 17, 2018, 03:12:26 PM
I'd like Aegis of the Tarrasque to be animated so I could keep on using it.

Paste the stats for it, first of all? I believe it's an artifact.

QuoteFire: Breastplate+7. This armor has a maximum dexterity cap of 14, no arcane spell failure and only -1 armor check penalty. The gems in the armor are infused with fire magic, granting her a +3 bonus to her caster level with spells of the fire descriptor. By drawing on the magic within the gems, Seira can enhance (as the epic metamagic feat) one spell or spell-like ability with the fire descriptor per day, with no increase in casting time or spell level. <-- I'd prefer to get these gems in a separate item, possibly merged with one or more I already have.

Planning on going armorless?

QuoteGreater Luckstone [80,000gp]: A magical four leaf clover; its possessor gains a +3 luck bonus to saves, skill checks and ability checks.

Okay, math time. A normal luckstone is 20k. This one is 80k. I think it's safe to say I priced a +2 at 40k. A +4 one would be 160k and a +5 one would be 320k by that method. I'll have to dig up the math I used and run some numbers, but offhand that looks right. I recall the numbers on this being a little funky on the backend, probably fiat priced.

QuoteKrystear Emblem: This emblem is from a faraway world, the symbol of an ancient kingdom there. It channels good fortune around the wearer, granting a +3 luck bonus to armor class. This is a slotless accessory.

Okay, price on this would be...45000 gold. +4 would be 80000 and +5 would be 125000 gold.

QuotePowerbow: Longbow+1, "Power". When used to shoot arrows, the user may use Power Attack for those shots, converting hit and BAB to damage potential. This works as the trait of the same name. Effectively a +2 weapon.

Sure, that's fine, normal price for upgrading a +2 weapon to whatever.

QuoteI'd want a ring of wizardry that doubles all spells for levels 1-9 rather than:Ring of Wizardry I, IV [120,000gp]

Cha-ching. That's an expensive epic magic item. Um, lemme do some math real quick. It's 340k for a Ring of Wizardry 9 alone.

> roll 20000+40000+70000+100000+140000+180000+230000+280000+340000
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 20000+40000+70000+100000+140000+180000+230000+280000+340000 --> {1400000}

1.4 million for what you want. Yeah, no.

QuoteI think the epic armor should pay for most of the difference, but I have to admit I'm not sure if it'd be enough. If so, I'll sell a few of my existing items I no longer need.

Let's do that way for the moment real quick.

Let's assume you get the gems out and have a base breastplate+7. That's a base of 49k, higher because of the benefits to max dex, ACP and all of that, but still rather under what you're looking for here.

Rather than doing it for the money, which isn't my aim here anyway, how about this?

1. Gems come out of the armor without incident. Adding them or making them into something can be an early game to do. What you do with Fire otherwise is up to you.
2. Bump power bow up to +5. Standard for back up items I converted.
3. If you want to improve the other things, that's okay. It can be an early game goal, since a few easy goals is desired as we warm back up. Not that there won't be plot right away, but a bit of warm up is good for everyone.
4. The shield can get animated. Flying around on her own was actually a thing the Destroyer did, so it's certainly thematic. (If your AC is way out of line, I may revoke this, just fair warning. I am trying to keep the numbers reasonable here, as stated before. Let me know your AC, within a few points is fine if you aren't settled on things yet.)
5. (Optional): The Krystear Emblem and Greater Luckstone are both slotless items at the same +3 luck level of bonus. If you want to combine them into one item, feel free.
6. The rest is basically doing in game bait.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

HEY LISTEN!

For each returning PC, I'd like at least a few plot hooks or areas of interest you'd like to explore in this game. Preferably ones tied to your previous games, let me know where you're at on things. Also helps me keep things in order and refresh me on anything that might slip between my wickets.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

No real choice, my rebuild as a glorious monk makes armor and non-animated shields infeasible.

My AC, sans items, is at 67 by my count.

Anastasia

Okay Iddy, how's your sheet coming? Also looking for a flavor block on it so I have stuff to build with.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Oh yeah, can you add Silver Fire to the list of SDAs? I can't just copy the Star of Mystra one since it uses stuff derived from its hd and stats so I figure it should be translated first before I add it so we're all on the same page.

Corwin

Aegis:

Spoiler: ShowHide
These artifact shields are made from hundreds of flattened layers of the Tarrasque's shell woven together with the strongest smith-work and searing fire. They are then polished with powdered diamond and the blood of a demigod. Once completed each shield is perfectly reflective, never needing to be polished or buffed.

The Aegis of the Tarrasque counts as a heavy steel shield+6. When carried the user gains some of the impossible endurance of the Tarrasque. They gain a +2 bonus to constitution and are treated as having the Endurance and Diehard feats. If the user already possesses Endurance, the benefits are tripled. If the user already possesses Diehard, they do not die until -30 hit points.

The most powerful aspect of the shield is it's ability to reflect lines, cones and rays. Any such attack targeted at the user has a 50% chance of being harmlessly deflected away. As this is not an illusion or displacement effect, True Seeing has no effect on this miss chance. Normal ranged attacks like arrows are not affected.

Anastasia

Yeah, that's fair, Eb. Lemme do that real quick.

SILVER FIRE
The deity can emit the silver fire that Mystra uses, as a gift from her.
Prerequisite: Magic Domain, must serve Mystra or otherwise have her favor
Benefit: Silver fire has several abilities as described below.
- At will, the deity may emit a beautiful beam of silver fire. This beam has a range of 70ft and has laser precision, able to turn corners and strike as as much as little of the target as desired. This attack deals 40d10 points of damage, with a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 hit dice + your Charisma modifier + divine rank) for half damage. No mortal means of defense can stop this ability, as it destroys barriers as a divine blast does.
- Once per minute the deity can bestow a Heal, Greater Restoration or Regenerate spell with a touch.
- Silver fire also can be activated within the body of the deity (triggering automatically as a free action, once per round) to completely purge all external magical, supernatural or psionic compulsions from them as a greater dispel magic (caster level equal to the deity's hit dice and with no cap).
Suggested Portfolio Elements: Magic.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Both SDAs are added to the divine rules.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 17, 2018, 03:56:29 PM
Aegis:

Spoiler: ShowHide
These artifact shields are made from hundreds of flattened layers of the Tarrasque's shell woven together with the strongest smith-work and searing fire. They are then polished with powdered diamond and the blood of a demigod. Once completed each shield is perfectly reflective, never needing to be polished or buffed.

The Aegis of the Tarrasque counts as a heavy steel shield+6. When carried the user gains some of the impossible endurance of the Tarrasque. They gain a +2 bonus to constitution and are treated as having the Endurance and Diehard feats. If the user already possesses Endurance, the benefits are tripled. If the user already possesses Diehard, they do not die until -30 hit points.

The most powerful aspect of the shield is it's ability to reflect lines, cones and rays. Any such attack targeted at the user has a 50% chance of being harmlessly deflected away. As this is not an illusion or displacement effect, True Seeing has no effect on this miss chance. Normal ranged attacks like arrows are not affected.

Sure, we'll see how it goes then.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Alicia: Are you recalling Ebony to Sylica to serve you directly? If so, in a minor (minor NPC topic) or a major (full NPC topic) role?

Seira: Same question to you, but Kascha instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Since Aurora is still going to be crusading, Alicia would prefer to keep Ebony there so she has a point of contact with them.

Anastasia

Alrighty then, fair enough. She'll stay over there. If you decide you're going to change your mind at that, expect a short delay as I bring her over and rebuild her as needed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also Alicia, see here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103074.msg1056171.html#msg1056171

I'm looking to bring over the three optional material components gemstones and the ravage. While I'm on the subject of Sylican materials, do you want me to add a few more and/or suggest a few?
<Afina> Forever.