News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Working on an NPC from scratch, so this will probably take the rest of the day. Don't expect much progress, it takes time to make new NPCs.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

> roll 9#1d10
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 9#1d10 --> [ 1d10=4 ]{4}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=3 ]{3}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=6 ]{6}, [ 1d10=4 ]{4}, [ 1d10=9 ]{9}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}, [ 1d10=2 ]{2}
> roll 20#1d12
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 20#1d12 --> [ 1d12=8 ]{8}, [ 1d12=2 ]{2}, [ 1d12=3 ]{3}, [ 1d12=11 ]{11}, [ 1d12=3 ]{3}, [ 1d12=12 ]{12}, [ 1d12=1 ]{1}, [ 1d12=6 ]{6}, [ 1d12=8 ]{8}, [ 1d12=9 ]{9}, [ 1d12=4 ]{4}, [ 1d12=4 ]{4}, [ 1d12=9 ]{9}, [ 1d12=3 ]{3}, [ 1d12=11 ]{11}, [ 1d12=11 ]{11}, [ 1d12=8 ]{8}, [ 1d12=9 ]{9}, [ 1d12=7 ]{7}, [ 1d12=11 ]{11}
> roll 4+2+3+2+6+4+9+2+2
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 4+2+3+2+6+4+9+2+2 --> {34}
> roll 8+2+3+11+3+12+1+6+8+9+4+4+9+3+11+11+8+9+7+11
<Kobot> Kotono rolled 8+2+3+11+3+12+1+6+8+9+4+4+9+3+11+11+8+9+7+11 --> {140}

Elle.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 17, 2018, 03:49:50 PM
HEY LISTEN!

For each returning PC, I'd like at least a few plot hooks or areas of interest you'd like to explore in this game. Preferably ones tied to your previous games, let me know where you're at on things. Also helps me keep things in order and refresh me on anything that might slip between my wickets.

For those who haven't answered this, which I think is just Eb and Cor. I know char prep and everything else takes time so it's all good, but consider this your friendly DM nagging about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Elle Stronger preview:

Formerly the owner of the most exclusive and famous magic shop in Balmuria, Elle Stronger is a long time ally of the Crimson Guard as well as Alicia and Seira. In her time spent in the Cauldron, she has studied much of the draconic lore Seira gathered, empowering herself as the threat of Shar looms. Wife of Donald and proof that everyone has a soul mate somewhere.

Elle Stronger

Wizard 30//Sorcerer 1/Dragon Shaman 9/Dragon Disciple 20

Abilities: Str 25, Dex 21, Con 26, Int 37, Wis 18, Cha 24

Feats: Improved Initiative(1), Toughness(H), Scribe Scroll(W1), Eschew Materials(S1), Martial Weapon Proficiency(Longsword)(S1), Weapon Focus(Longsword)(S1), Spell Penetration(3), Skill Focus(Appraise)(DS2), Quicken Spell(W5), Greater Spell Penetration(6), Empower Spell(9), Skill Focus(Bluff)(DS8), Craft Wondrous Item(W10), Maximize Spell(12), Silent Spell(15), Forge Ring(W15), Insightful Reflexes(18), Craft Staff(W20)
Epic Feats: Great Ability(Intelligence)(21), Epic Spell Capacity(W23), Great Ability(Intelligence)(24), Epic Toughness(DD14), Epic Crafting(W26), Improved Metamagic(27), Great Ability(Constitution)(DD18), Epic Spell Penetration(W29), Improved Metamagic(30)
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

HEY LISTEN!

For each returning PC, I'd like at least a few plot hooks or areas of interest you'd like to explore in this game. Preferably ones tied to your previous games, let me know where you're at on things. Also helps me keep things in order and refresh me on anything that might slip between my wickets.

I can't remember specific stuff Alicia was looking into towards the end of B1 but that's all 20 years out of date anyway so doesn't really matter.

Right now she'd be fairly focused on consolidating things on both Benfal and Lifasa - having played a part in the liberation of both she'll be wanting to nurture her churches on both worlds so as to increase her worshipper base and divine power.

There's the looming issue of Ao of course. A refresher on where we currently stand on that would be nice.

Screwing over anything Shar has going on is a must. We should take inspiration from how active and effective Shar is - nothing's too petty or beneath her personal attention and that's why she gets such good results!

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 18, 2018, 04:48:36 PM
Can you post an epic sorcerer?

Like an epic progression for sorcerer? Like a particular epic sorcerer? Something else?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 18, 2018, 07:07:40 PM
HEY LISTEN!

I can't remember specific stuff Alicia was looking into towards the end of B1 but that's all 20 years out of date anyway so doesn't really matter.

Right now she'd be fairly focused on consolidating things on both Benfal and Lifasa - having played a part in the liberation of both she'll be wanting to nurture her churches on both worlds so as to increase her worshipper base and divine power.

There's the looming issue of Ao of course. A refresher on where we currently stand on that would be nice.

Screwing over anything Shar has going on is a must. We should take inspiration from how active and effective Shar is - nothing's too petty or beneath her personal attention and that's why she gets such good results!

Indeed to the last.

As for Ao and a general refresher, that's in the cards once I get all the mechanical work done. I hope to be generally done with it by the end of the weekend, but we'll see how long a few things run.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, progress report. How is each PC coming along?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Iron Dragoon

Background is mostly done. Need to name a couple NPCs. Need to do weapons (working on tonight), need to find gloves, and need to get a ring. I *think* that'll be it for me. I might do some small equipment adjustments, but that'll be more like... deciding if I want a tent or something. Nothing for actual gear, more ancillary things.

BTW, when you dig through my character, if you have suggestions for like better feat choices and stuff, I'd love to hear them. I struggled with Surraruthru (as you mentioned) for a while, so I'd like to head some of that off if possible.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 18, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Pretty sure I'm done.

Awesome, figured you'd be quickest all things considered. I might toss you a little bit of work if you want me to and you want to be occupied.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 18, 2018, 10:32:30 PM
Background is mostly done. Need to name a couple NPCs. Need to do weapons (working on tonight), need to find gloves, and need to get a ring. I *think* that'll be it for me. I might do some small equipment adjustments, but that'll be more like... deciding if I want a tent or something. Nothing for actual gear, more ancillary things.

BTW, when you dig through my character, if you have suggestions for like better feat choices and stuff, I'd love to hear them. I struggled with Surraruthru (as you mentioned) for a while, so I'd like to head some of that off if possible.

Sure.
<Afina> Forever.