News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 10:28:17 PM
Okay, progress report. How is each PC coming along?
Haven't started yet. Mostly. Need to finish B4 prep first.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 18, 2018, 10:49:49 PM
Haven't started yet. Mostly. Need to finish B4 prep first.

Fair enough.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 09:14:25 AM
I read your revised background, Alyssa. It looks fine and gives me hooks to work with, so that should do. I'd like you to name and briefly describe a few people in the Order, if you don't mind. Broad strokes is fine.

Done. Added two named NPCs.

Also finished equipment.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on April 18, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Pretty sure I'm done.

Awesome, figured you'd be quickest all things considered. I might toss you a little bit of work if you want me to and you want to be occupied.

By all means.

Ebiris

Alicia's basically done. I may shuffle skills around though.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 19, 2018, 12:38:19 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on April 18, 2018, 10:31:24 PM
Pretty sure I'm done.

Awesome, figured you'd be quickest all things considered. I might toss you a little bit of work if you want me to and you want to be occupied.

By all means.

I'll get in touch with you in a few days, once I'm out of NPC generation hell.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: Corwin on April 18, 2018, 04:48:36 PM
Can you post an epic sorcerer?

Like an epic progression for sorcerer? Like a particular epic sorcerer? Something else?

Yes  :)

Epic progression is what I had in mind. But having an example of a particular, good-aligned epic sorcerer would also be helpful.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

I plan to be done this weekend. For all intents and purposes it's done, but I'm toying with some items and options, and still sketching out the dragon/avatar sheets. The base is all there, however.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 19, 2018, 11:20:03 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: Corwin on April 18, 2018, 04:48:36 PM
Can you post an epic sorcerer?

Like an epic progression for sorcerer? Like a particular epic sorcerer? Something else?

Yes  :)

Epic progression is what I had in mind. But having an example of a particular, good-aligned epic sorcerer would also be helpful.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/classProgressions.htm#epicSorcerer

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1050514.html#msg1050514

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103072.msg1054636.html#msg1054636

Sharess is probably the best example I have posted. She's overpowered for her relative position, however, so bear that in mind.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 19, 2018, 11:31:37 AM

I plan to be done this weekend. For all intents and purposes it's done, but I'm toying with some items and options, and still sketching out the dragon/avatar sheets. The base is all there, however.

All good, glad to hear it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 19, 2018, 09:28:16 AM
Alicia's basically done. I may shuffle skills around though.

Excellent.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 18, 2018, 04:01:04 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 17, 2018, 03:49:50 PM
HEY LISTEN!

For each returning PC, I'd like at least a few plot hooks or areas of interest you'd like to explore in this game. Preferably ones tied to your previous games, let me know where you're at on things. Also helps me keep things in order and refresh me on anything that might slip between my wickets.

For those who haven't answered this, which I think is just Eb and Cor. I know char prep and everything else takes time so it's all good, but consider this your friendly DM nagging about it.

First of all, I agree with Eb on Shar and Ao. I too think we should get involved with anything and everything that advances our cause or fucks up Shar's.

My OOC goals divide into two parts, stuff I want to hear about their progress and stuff I want to pursue. If, for some sad reason something in column A is still an active issue, it will go into column B.

-How did Lagann (Yandrazrt) rehabilitation go? What's going on there now? He'd be my first choice of proxy, though only after I know where we stand.
-How did Oraga's rehabilitation go? What's going on there now? Incidentally, my second choice of proxy.
-How about the Astral Dragons? I've held hope that I could convert them closer to my cause and way of thinking, but I'd settle for a mutual defense pact if a true alliance wasn't in the cards.
-What happened with Ajan? I sincerely hope the 3 years of service promised him took place in the intervening 20 years, since I'm not the person now I was then. I do hope he's a minor ally at present.
-Related to this, the Balmurian ruins and the gnomish god-king. If this still hasn't been resolved, that becomes priority #1 for me now.
-Figuring out where I stand with my Balmurian friends, the other allies across that Prime, Deme and Polly, the elemental princes and princesses, the Elven pantheon and Waukeen.

-With Benfal and Lifasa freed, it does seem a good idea to both render aid and proselytize. In fact, Kascha would probably be best for that.
-I want to deepen my studies into metamagic and overcome the last hurdle I have with it. Since I would've heard from Kascha that means exist to ease its use further, that'd be where my personal research would be headed. Elle could be helpful here.
-I want to see where Sanzha's gotten with our goal of transcending elemental boundaries, especially after Afina's success.
-I want to help Amaryl with her own pursuits of DvR1, given that she seems quite close.
-One of the specific means of countering Shar I'm thinking of is increasing the sponsorship of agents across Primes. Similar to what was going on with Annerose, just having these rangers (to borrow a term) try to do good. No crime or injustice too small! They'll help! And I'll help if they're in a jam. I think Donald could be entrusted with helping here, given that he's my first student.
-Aurora might've been a fortress serving as the base of a crusade, but the Cauldron is an actual trading hub, both intended and designed for such use. I'll see what we can do to make it a credible competition to Brightwater and the Mercane without getting into some trade war. Abby should be decent for this, due to having a good head on her shoulders, a mercantile education and plenty of ambition.
-Any anniversaries coming up? Birthdays? Plenty of things happened near the end of B1, including a few weddings. That could be a nice 'goal' to follow up on.

EDIT:
-Valar, was it? The friend I made over Eblis? Due to a lack of relevant logs, I'm curious where it lead.
Further browsing through the B1 forum revealed 'The B team!' which lists a bunch of our minor allies, by current definition.
Celebrimbor, Saul, Yoshi, Lumenbur, Valar, Oraga, Gulpan, Gilartal and Mia, Na'lith. Some of those listed there went on to be major allies, such as Sanzha and presumably Lagann and Oraga. It'd be interesting to see what evolved from all this, and whether we got visitors from Air and Earth as well.

Corwin

More item questions for Seira.

I'm interested in a monk's belt and a few wilding clasps since it doesn't look I have enough of them.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on April 19, 2018, 12:39:47 PM
More item questions for Seira.

I'm interested in a monk's belt and a few wilding clasps since it doesn't look I have enough of them.

Yeah sure, those are trivial for you to draw on from the Cauldron. Same way Cresiel will get free stuff from Celestia most likely, or Alyssa will have a resources from the order.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Fixed Cresiel's SR, which was 4 low. Thanks to Cor for catching that.
<Afina> Forever.