News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Yandrazrt is up in Seira's minor allies thread. His spell list is a todo.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Moore, Tryll and Alyssa.

Each of you will have a home base. Answer your section for me, would you? These will be introed in the beginning of your games so you have a base of operations to work from.

Moore

You are given a residence in Celestia to serve as your home base. It may be anywhere on the first three layers of Celestia (subject to DM veto) and whatever shape, size and form you like (again subject to veto). What are you looking for here?

Tryll

You have a residence on Lifasa to serve as your home base. It may be anywhere on Lifasa (subject to DM veto) and whatever shape, size and form you like (again subject to veto). What are you looking for here?

Alyssa

I presume you have some nice quarters and facilities as the head of your guild. Go ahead and describe what you imagine and want there, again subject to DM veot.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Here's a handy guide to the Seira build at level 30. Most of it is under the unfinished note section of my sheet, but it's hopefully easier to spot here.

[spoiler]
Followed Eb's lead by removing 4 from each ability on the B1 sheet, then added 11. Con has a +2 notation near it, which comes from the Aegis.

+1 con: lvl24
+1 int: lvl28

Abilities: STR 31 (10), DEX 33 (11), CON 30+2 (10+1), WIS 21 (5), INT 40 (15), CHA 31 (10)

Saves are as follows:
Fort: 14base +3epic +11Con +1DvR +15Int (paladin) +10Cha resistance (deity) +3luck item
Ref: 11base +3epic +11Dex +1DvR +15Int (paladin) +10Cha resistance (deity) +3luck item +2competence item +1dodge haste
Will: 14base +3epic +5Wis +1DvR +15Int (paladin) +10Cha resistance (deity) +3luck item
Then the bonuses from B1 are tallied on: +1 fort, +1 ref, +2 will

Final saves: Fort +58, Ref +58, Will +53

Saves and BAB came from the combat-heavy side as opposed the wizard side.

Combat!
Favored Weapon: Short Sword (allowed to use with a monk's flurry of blows)
War Domain Granted Power: Weapon Focus/Short Sword

Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +27/+44 (str+haste+dvr1+k:d5)/(44+10+11+1+18+3+1+10=98) 10+cmb+11 (dex) +1dodge +18monk +3luck +1insight +10deflection
Final Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +27/+44/98
Attack: +45 [Good, Lawful and Epic] (Haste, K:D +5, DvR1) <= +44+1(dex-str difference via weapon finesse)
Dragon's Grace Attack: +45+1weapon focus+7enchantment=+53

Damage (K:D +5, HW +9, Burning Spirit): Base +64 +15+SA (when flanking)
*Damage: Base +10 str +15 (swashbuckler) +15 circumstance (marshal, when flanking) +10 (divine might) +15 fire (deity) +5 insight (K:D) +9 (lvl9 War spell, holy warrior)
*Damage/Monk: 2d8 unarmed base as medium, 6d10 as gargantuan

Defense!
*Touch AC: 10 +11 dex +1 DvR +10 deflection (deity) +1 dodge (deep ethereal bonus) +15 (monk) +3 (monk) +3 luck (krystear) +1 insight (ioun stone) +1 dodge (haste).
*Armor Class: Touch AC +15 natural armor (deity) +1 DvR natural armor (deity) +8 shield (Aegis).
Touch AC: 56
Armor Class: 80

Speed:
Base: 90ft, Flight: 230ft (perfect maneuverability)
Dragon: 150ft, Flight: 350ft (perfect maneuverability)
*30ft from monk boosts calculated in

HP:
Wizard, Arcane Trickster: d4
Rogue: d6
Monk, Marshal, Ordained Champion: d8
Paladin, Swashbuckler: d10

Rogue = 5 => 5*6
Monk+Marshal+Ordained Champion = 11+1+5=17 => 17*8
Paladin+Swashbuckler = 5+3 = 8 => 8*10
=> 30 + 136 + 80 = 246hp

30HD x 11con = 330hp

Skills:
Int+4=19
2 for wizard, ordained champion and paladin
4 for monk, swashbuckler, marshal and arcane trickster
8 for rogue

lvl1-3 3x8
lvl4-10 7x4
lvl11-20 10x4
lvl21-28 8x4
lvl29-30 2x8
=24+28+40+32+16=140

=>140+19*30 = 710

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2018, 03:23:27 PM
Moore

You are given a residence in Celestia to serve as your home base. It may be anywhere on the first three layers of Celestia (subject to DM veto) and whatever shape, size and form you like (again subject to veto). What are you looking for here?

He'd think about having it in Venya for a while, but would ultimately decide to put it on Lunia. His rationale for this is simply so that it's easier for people to find if they ever were to come looking and to remember that everything has to start somewhere.

Something with plenty of windows that's comforting and inviting. He'd probably borrow ideas from Aurora's War Room (minus their amenities, of course) but the idea would be a base-like structure with some large tables to sit around to discuss things and side rooms for others as well as rooms for storing materials (books, treasures, so on and so forth).

If you need me to be more verbose I can.

Yuthirin

oh shit here we go

Tryll gains a level! He reaches level 28!
He selects Master Mentalist 5 and Ninja 1.
From Master Mentalist, he gains the capstone ability Discipline Mastery.
From Ninja, he gains ki power, AC bonus, sudden strike, and trapfinding.
Tryll learns two new psionic powers. He selects True Mind Switch & Power Resistance.
Tryll gains an ability point. He places it into his Intelligence score, which rises to 39.
Skills go up as normal.
Power Points go up as normal.
As a paragon, he gains maximum HP per hit die. Ninja provides a d6, so he gains 6+12+9 HP.

Tryll gains a level! He reaches level 29!
He selects Psion 22 and Metamind 1.
From Psion, he gains no new class features.
From Metamind, he gains Free Manifesting (1st) 3/day.
Tryll learns two new psionic powers. He selects Hail of Crystals & Mass Ectoplasmic Cocoon.
Skills go up as normal.
As a paragon, he gains maximum HP per hit die. Psion provides a d4, so he gains 4+12+9 HP.

Tryll gains a level! He reaches level 30!
He selects Psion 23 and Metamind 2.
From Psion, he gains an epic bonus feat. He selects Automatic Metapsionics: Maximize Power III.
From Metamind, he gains Cognizance psicrystal 5 points. Due to the ACF he has, Calleigh now stores these points inside of her brain. Or her wings. Or something. Don't ask me.
Tryll learns two new psionic powers. He selects True Creation & Greater Psionic Fabricate.
Tryll gains a feat! He selects Quicken Power.
Skills go up as normal.
As a paragon, he gains maximum HP per hit die. Psion provides a d4, so he gains 4+12+9 HP.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2018, 03:23:27 PMTryll

You have a residence on Lifasa to serve as your home base. It may be anywhere on Lifasa (subject to DM veto) and whatever shape, size and form you like (again subject to veto). What are you looking for here?
Probably near wherever the others set up. Likely underwater. We're nurturing baby psychic squids, after all.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa

I presume you have some nice quarters and facilities as the head of your guild. Go ahead and describe what you imagine and want there, again subject to DM veot.

Highest set of rooms in a tower, though not the tallest tower. Rooms are generally open and circular, separated by large privacy screens. A large bed next to large doors that lead to a balcony that runs around the entire circumference of the tower, which would have various areas for lounging, shaded by awnings and plants. There'd be a lounge/guest area with a large personal library and a third area that would be her desk/official business area.

A room above would be dedicated to her personal laboratories and would be mostly open to the air, in case of an explosion or magical discharge.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 28, 2018, 06:17:17 PM
Moore

He'd think about having it in Venya for a while, but would ultimately decide to put it on Lunia. His rationale for this is simply so that it's easier for people to find if they ever were to come looking and to remember that everything has to start somewhere.

Something with plenty of windows that's comforting and inviting. He'd probably borrow ideas from Aurora's War Room (minus their amenities, of course) but the idea would be a base-like structure with some large tables to sit around to discuss things and side rooms for others as well as rooms for storing materials (books, treasures, so on and so forth).

If you need me to be more verbose I can.

Sounds good. So a base sort of thing with meeting rooms as well as practical rooms? More function over form?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh gains a psion level! Sort of!
Calleigh gains two new powers and access to 4th level powers. She selects Gemstone Breath and Correspond.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 28, 2018, 06:23:22 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2018, 03:23:27 PMTryll

Probably near wherever the others set up. Likely underwater. We're nurturing baby psychic squids, after all.

Sounds reasonable enough. Any particular ideas there or just any patch of sea will do?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 28, 2018, 06:36:28 PM
Alyssa

Highest set of rooms in a tower, though not the tallest tower. Rooms are generally open and circular, separated by large privacy screens. A large bed next to large doors that lead to a balcony that runs around the entire circumference of the tower, which would have various areas for lounging, shaded by awnings and plants. There'd be a lounge/guest area with a large personal library and a third area that would be her desk/official business area.

A room above would be dedicated to her personal laboratories and would be mostly open to the air, in case of an explosion or magical discharge.

Sounds good then, I can work with that. Include that info on your sheet somewhere for reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll has Correspond as both a psi-like ability and a known power! He's gonna swap that power out for another! But first!

[14:53] <Yuthirin> Request:
[14:53] <Yuthirin> http://www.psionics.info/powers/energy-lance/
[14:54] <Yuthirin> Requesting the addition of the line "and the DC goes up by 1" to be added to the end of the augment line to make the power scale well

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

Sounds good. So a base sort of thing with meeting rooms as well as practical rooms? More function over form?

Yep, exactly. He'll let the lay of the land shape it rather than try and get anything that he's envisioning, he trusts he'll get what he needs.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 28, 2018, 07:10:33 PM
Tryll has Correspond as both a psi-like ability and a known power! He's gonna swap that power out for another! But first!

[14:53] <Yuthirin> Request:
[14:53] <Yuthirin> http://www.psionics.info/powers/energy-lance/
[14:54] <Yuthirin> Requesting the addition of the line "and the DC goes up by 1" to be added to the end of the augment line to make the power scale well

Yeah sure, we'll try it and I'll reverse the ruling if it ends up being broken.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on April 28, 2018, 07:40:18 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on April 28, 2018, 06:44:36 PM

Yep, exactly. He'll let the lay of the land shape it rather than try and get anything that he's envisioning, he trusts he'll get what he needs.

Sounds good. I'll remember it for your setup thread.
<Afina> Forever.