DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 29, 2018, 11:08:25 AM
Improved Combat Expertise from Complete Warrior?

Hmm... I have no idea how to judge how much to take away from my BaB, though. I mean, what's a good bet? 5? With AC of 32, is +5 enough to bring me to safe levels?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Not really. I assume it can be higher properly protected, though.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Forgot Calleigh's 30 HD feat! Taking Psymbiot from Complete Psionic.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 29, 2018, 12:49:05 PM

Hmm... I have no idea how to judge how much to take away from my BaB, though. I mean, what's a good bet? 5? With AC of 32, is +5 enough to bring me to safe levels?

Dune, what do you think of Keen Intellect from Oriental Adventures?

Benefit: You may use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modifier when making Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, or Survival checks. You may also use your Intelligence modifier instead of Wisdom when making a Will saving throw.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 21, 2018, 10:34:07 AM
Moore and Tryll, I have something I'd like the two of you to fill out.  Same reasoning as the previous post.

1. I'm starting fresh and building something strong. I'll need allies for sure. Who and what realms do I want as allies?
I'll be looking for the eclectic, eccentric, and strange. Anyone who would fit in at the Court of Stars is who I want. The lost, the driven, and the chromatically-challenged. Might take some time to do charity work for that Lathander guy, we owe him a bushel basket of favors. Also, Selune and Ilmater just because.

Actually, considering we could be used to clear any hospital in an hour, Ilmater's priests would probably adore us.

Quote2. I've seen that Creation has some really horrible things in it. As I accomplish my goals, who in particular do I really want to stop?
Shar's gotta go. Probably Pale Night, too. Just because of the eladrin thing a while back. Was a dick move.

Quote3. Aurora won! Yay! Am I worried Hell will exact reprisals on me and am I doing anything about it?
CONSTANT VIGILANCE! Any time we leave Lifasa, we're exceptionally aware of our surroundings! You never know who might be an undead spy working for the demon lord wannabe, Lixer! Go for the eyes and use force effects on everyone you meet, just to be certain!

Quote4. How people view me is important, right? What sort of reputation do you think you have now?
I'm assuming that people are starting to know that Calleigh and her flying cloud of mist/tremendously clever and witty giant ghost-squid boss are both good people and Good People. With any luck, we won't have to live homeless on the streets of Brightwater again any time soon! Nice!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 29, 2018, 06:10:05 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 29, 2018, 12:49:05 PM

Dune, what do you think of Keen Intellect from Oriental Adventures?

Benefit: You may use your Intelligence modifier instead of your Wisdom modifier when making Heal, Sense Motive, Spot, or Survival checks. You may also use your Intelligence modifier instead of Wisdom when making a Will saving throw.

Yeah, sure.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on April 30, 2018, 12:00:43 AMI'll be looking for the eclectic, eccentric, and strange. Anyone who would fit in at the Court of Stars is who I want. The lost, the driven, and the chromatically-challenged. Might take some time to do charity work for that Lathander guy, we owe him a bushel basket of favors. Also, Selune and Ilmater just because.

Actually, considering we could be used to clear any hospital in an hour, Ilmater's priests would probably adore us.

All of those make sense.

To be fair, a high level cleric of Ilmater could clear a hospital in an hour, too. Or a healer. But yeah, those aren't exactly common.

QuoteShar's gotta go. Probably Pale Night, too. Just because of the eladrin thing a while back. Was a dick move.

Sounds good.

QuoteCONSTANT VIGILANCE! Any time we leave Lifasa, we're exceptionally aware of our surroundings! You never know who might be an undead spy working for the demon lord wannabe, Lixer! Go for the eyes and use force effects on everyone you meet, just to be certain!

Shoot 'em all and let the DM sort out the bodies, huh?

QuoteI'm assuming that people are starting to know that Calleigh and her flying cloud of mist/tremendously clever and witty giant ghost-squid boss are both good people and Good People. With any luck, we won't have to live homeless on the streets of Brightwater again any time soon! Nice!

Indeed. If nothing else, you'll have plenty of places to stay in Lifasa.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, I'd like a status report of how everyone's doing with their sheets. Are you done? Are any changes in the offing? Ect ect ect. Talk to me, since I'm looking at a start date.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Mostly done. Looking for ways to shore up my defenses. I've got 40k in gold, and my AC is now 38, and my Will save is 23. My HP is bad, and I lack evasion. Suggestions? I've also got the cloak of minor displacement going. Other than poking at that, my actual character sheet is finished.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 30, 2018, 11:51:02 AM
Mostly done. Looking for ways to shore up my defenses. I've got 40k in gold, and my AC is now 38, and my Will save is 23. My HP is bad, and I lack evasion. Suggestions? I've also got the cloak of minor displacement going. Other than poking at that, my actual character sheet is finished.

Epic Mage Armor is obvious, that's a huge AC bump for most casters.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on April 30, 2018, 12:00:04 PM
Epic Mage Armor is obvious, that's a huge AC bump for most casters.

Yeah, I planned on it. It sorta renders the armor I bought useless, which is why I asked about paying for a different type of Armor Bonus on it instead of just Enhancement.

If I rely on EMA, though, it can be dispelled. And Alyssa is nowhere near as good at defending against that as Surraruthru was. And for someone who's whole thing is survival/exploration, that's a bit of an issue. So at this point, while I'll use it and probably rely on it, it doesn't feel like a suitable answer.

Anastasia

Short term I'd consider shelling out for a +6 con booster for now, the extra HP isn't a bad idea since you're having defense problems. Your belt is +4, right?

I'd make a longer term goal to boost your defenses and get helpers.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Even if I sold my armor back, I'm at 76,175gp. I'm not trying to get end point gear right now. So if you think what I've got makes me survivable, I'll just save the cash for use later.