News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Tentatively done. I may change a few spells and skills around but I may not, haven't really decided.

Corwin

Natural Armor, Ring of Protection/Deflection and Epic Mage Armor are pretty much your best AC-boosting options. The first even sometimes stacks with innate natural armor, if you've got any or plan on going there. A shield is another option, with enchantment (of course) either naturally or via magic vestment. I'm particularly fond of animated shields, though I know Eb hates those! There's also a cleric spell to boost a shield with Sacred, which is pretty sweet and you should be able to access both via Factotum. Other than that, you could always go the monk/battle dancer way and grab Wis or Cha or Int to AC from that (Dune said that animated shields don't get in the way of monks and their abilities). The rest is esoteric, so you're better off pursuing it in play.

If you're looking for a single point of improvement, there Bite of X line of spells is your best bet. Unlike cool spells that turn you into an angel or a dragon, the Bites give you natural armor and more Dex and Con in one sweet package. And Bite of the Werebear is only lvl7 arcane.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Good suggestions. I'll look into this stuff.

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2018, 01:42:16 PM
Natural Armor, Ring of Protection/Deflection and Epic Mage Armor are pretty much your best AC-boosting options. The first even sometimes stacks with innate natural armor, if you've got any or plan on going there.

Got +3 NA on my bracers. I might look into Ring of Protection, though.

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2018, 01:42:16 PMA shield is another option, with enchantment (of course) either naturally or via magic vestment. I'm particularly fond of animated shields, though I know Eb hates those!

I've got an Animated Shield. +1 right now. Plan to upgrade it at some point.

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2018, 01:42:16 PMThere's also a cleric spell to boost a shield with Sacred, which is pretty sweet and you should be able to access both via Factotum. Other than that, you could always go the monk/battle dancer way and grab Wis or Cha or Int to AC from that (Dune said that animated shields don't get in the way of monks and their abilities). The rest is esoteric, so you're better off pursuing it in play.

The Cleric spell I'll look into. Any buff I do on Factotum side will need a super long duration though, since I can only memorize one casting of a spell at a time.

Quote from: Corwin on April 30, 2018, 01:42:16 PMIf you're looking for a single point of improvement, there Bite of X line of spells is your best bet. Unlike cool spells that turn you into an angel or a dragon, the Bites give you natural armor and more Dex and Con in one sweet package. And Bite of the Werebear is only lvl7 arcane.

I'll look into these. Hadn't even considered them.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on April 30, 2018, 11:14:57 AM
Okay, I'd like a status report of how everyone's doing with their sheets. Are you done? Are any changes in the offing? Ect ect ect. Talk to me, since I'm looking at a start date.
I believe I am now finished.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Hey Eb, did you ever go back and kill Bwimb the Elder in B3?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

Nope, he's a dick though so he's on Afina's list.

It's a big list is all.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 30, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

It's a big list is all.

Scheduling is truly Afina's biggest enemy.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

I'm pretty sure Neph's done as well, so our starting date is pretty much a matter of how fast I get my end in order.

At this point it'll probably be sooner than later, I wanna get going. So if yo uhave any last minute tweaks or changes, say so now. I mostly have a bit of DM work to do, anything on the todo list that has to be done before game start will be done soon.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ebiris on April 30, 2018, 05:51:15 PM

It's a big list is all.
I may or may not be removing him from her list in the near future.

Bwimb II is up to something and I think we're probably going to scope her out. I have a bad feeling that she and Calleigh are going to be best friends.

Ebiris

Just remember to pack acid immunity, she's a hugger.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

How scary.

Okay, we'll start soon, exact day TBA. Eb, let me know if you need more time for any adjustments.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Dropped knowledge nature for swimming.

May have been inspired by Jessica there.