"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on April 30, 2018, 08:43:28 PM
Dropped knowledge nature for swimming.

May have been inspired by Jessica there.

Indeed. Alicia can't drown or anything, but still useful enough when you're in water.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Posts are up. No hurry, it is an early start, but I'm rip-raring to go.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Question, Echoing Spell returns the spell to me at -4 CL every time it's cast. Would things like Practiced Spellcaster or Spell Enhancer help mitigation a portion that?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 01, 2018, 12:13:27 PM
Question, Echoing Spell returns the spell to me at -4 CL every time it's cast. Would things like Practiced Spellcaster or Spell Enhancer help mitigation a portion that?

Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This is less a reminder and more of a reality with 5 different nodes going on, but here goes. In the event I'm posting and not posting to a particular node for no obvious reason, feel free to poke me on IRC or drop me a message in nagging. When this happens, it's usually an honest mistake or I'm researching something. So letting me know gets clarity and possibly posting if it's a mistake.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Hopefully it's not too late to make some changes.

Dropping the 5th level spell thalassemia (touch people to turn their blood into seawater) for lightning leap (turn into lightning and move across battlefield). Mainly because 'quicken dimension hop to get into melee and full attack' is stymied by dimensional blocks which are pretty common in most dungeons at these levels.

I also want to drop 6th level mental pinnacle (become a budget psion) for something else but it's late and nothing really appeals so I'm going to bed now, but that's possibly on the table.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 01, 2018, 08:42:03 PM
Hopefully it's not too late to make some changes.

Dropping the 5th level spell thalassemia (touch people to turn their blood into seawater) for lightning leap (turn into lightning and move across battlefield). Mainly because 'quicken dimension hop to get into melee and full attack' is stymied by dimensional blocks which are pretty common in most dungeons at these levels.

I also want to drop 6th level mental pinnacle (become a budget psion) for something else but it's late and nothing really appeals so I'm going to bed now, but that's possibly on the table.

It's cool, I started early so I can't fault anyone for this.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

For people who came to the game later than B1 (basically anyone but Eb and Cor in this context): Cor suggested making small flavor blocks for the NPCs from there, as an aid to all of you. Do y'all want this sorta thing and do you feel it's helpful?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 02, 2018, 09:52:03 AM
For people who came to the game later than B1 (basically anyone but Eb and Cor in this context): Cor suggested making small flavor blocks for the NPCs from there, as an aid to all of you. Do y'all want this sorta thing and do you feel it's helpful?

Something like that would be helpful. How many times did I have to ask who someone was in B3?

Iron Dragoon

What's the interaction between metamagic feats and Factotum casting?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 02, 2018, 09:54:09 AM

Something like that would be helpful. How many times did I have to ask who someone was in B3?

Okay. That's one in favor.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 02, 2018, 09:54:55 AM
What's the interaction between metamagic feats and Factotum casting?

They work as normal. Just remember your maximum spell level limit, you can apply any metamagic you know.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

It would be a "Nice to Have" for me.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 02, 2018, 11:17:45 AM

It would be a "Nice to Have" for me.

That's two. Okay. I'll work on this in some free time.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Please.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?