News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Yeah, it feels strange we haven't even had Antenora get any time on screen at all yet. But the way she is she'll more than make up for it in time so at least I'm giving other people a shot to start out with. I need to put up a todo post like Yuth has on his board since there's a few other things to look in on and pursue going forward, but operation free Zariel gets priority for now since it's a good window of opportunity and hopefully it'll get me and Seira off to a strong start of kicking in doors and punching shitty devils.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 04, 2018, 10:47:38 PM
Yeah, it feels strange we haven't even had Antenora get any time on screen at all yet. But the way she is she'll more than make up for it in time so at least I'm giving other people a shot to start out with. I need to put up a todo post like Yuth has on his board since there's a few other things to look in on and pursue going forward, but operation free Zariel gets priority for now since it's a good window of opportunity and hopefully it'll get me and Seira off to a strong start of kicking in doors and punching shitty devils.

Antenora I'm okay with, since she got screen time in B3 a few times. Granted, I tend to underplay her since she's mostly business around people she isn't close to, but still. It'll work itself out, as you said.

Wholeheartedly second a todo list, let me know once it's up and I'll sticky. It's really helping me and theirs help me, too.

OOC, it's worth noting that this will really be feeling out how divinities fight and some of the bullshit they can pull. The upside is that you can pull the same bullshit if you fight in your realm, so it's not all bad. Deities just have a gigantic homefield advantage. The Incarnations set it up so deities can die, but it's never meant to be remotely easy, even for other deities. This is probably a good thing, since things would be fucked if they died a lot more and Ao was in control of who ascended to replace them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 10:42:27 PMAlso Calleigh trolls everyone, as usual.
The Troll Train has absolutely no brakes.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 04, 2018, 10:53:38 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 10:42:27 PMAlso Calleigh trolls everyone, as usual.

It should be a lot of fun to see unfold. It usually is, even if that valkyrie there regrets it.

FYI, I'm just waiting for Marie and Calleigh to meet. That'll be...something. Yes.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 10:42:27 PM
Alyssa: A solid enough start. A lot of her first days is feeling out who she is and what she does, as well as starting to paint in the Guild. I'll note that her going off on that page who barged in felt fairly defining - she wasn't going to tolerate that shit right off. She feels very no nonsense and just a smidge of a bitch. Not meant as an insult, just a statement. There's potential here, let's see how it develops in the future.

That's sort of what I was going for. She's a hardened adventurer and in a position of power. She's got no time for BS, so she cuts it down quickly. As far as the page goes, she knows they talk and if one page was willing to bust into her rooms, others likely are. A bit of intimidation there would spread faster than anything else and nip it in the bud.

I haven't had much of a chance to do any relaxed RP with her yet and feel out her non-work hours attitude, but that'll come. She won't be as harsh there as normal, I think. She'll be defensive of her off-time for sure though.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 10:54:58 PM

It should be a lot of fun to see unfold. It usually is, even if that valkyrie there regrets it.

FYI, I'm just waiting for Marie and Calleigh to meet. That'll be...something. Yes.
That assumes she agrees to be Dana's punching bag.

Also, yes. More courreses.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 04, 2018, 10:56:09 PMThat's sort of what I was going for. She's a hardened adventurer and in a position of power. She's got no time for BS, so she cuts it down quickly. As far as the page goes, she knows they talk and if one page was willing to bust into her rooms, others likely are. A bit of intimidation there would spread faster than anything else and nip it in the bud.

Fair, fair. To be honest it's mainly a way of dealing with it that I personally dislike - I'm really not the sort of person to fault someone like that so directly, but rather correct more gently. I don't fault Alyssa for it, but it made an impression on me right off. That's a good thing over all and the logic's sound. The second page was polite for just that reason.

QuoteI haven't had much of a chance to do any relaxed RP with her yet and feel out her non-work hours attitude, but that'll come. She won't be as harsh there as normal, I think. She'll be defensive of her off-time for sure though.

That one's on me, since after all, I plunged you right into the shit.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on May 04, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 10:54:58 PM

That assumes she agrees to be Dana's punching bag.

Also, yes. More courreses.

I imagine it'll be a thing of DM terror, much like Afina and Moore's dreaded combination attack.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 11:00:41 PM
Fair, fair. To be honest it's mainly a way of dealing with it that I personally dislike - I'm really not the sort of person to fault someone like that so directly, but rather correct more gently. I don't fault Alyssa for it, but it made an impression on me right off. That's a good thing over all and the logic's sound. The second page was polite for just that reason.

Eh, yeah, but I'm also considering that part of her as an inexperienced over-reaction. I never fully set her current age, but I'm gonna peg it as 24-ish. She did the dragon thing at 23, so I figure a year of growing power would fit. A 24 year old becoming the head of an Order and shoved into leadership isn't really prepared for it, and combined with the challenges to her authority I'm assuming happened in the last year, she's found it faster/easier to stomp on things and not tolerate little things so they don't become big things. I can see that part smoothing over as things happen, but for now, I'm gonna stick with it.

That one's on me, since after all, I plunged you right into the shit.

Eh, that's fine, I wasn't concerned or bothered by it. All that'll happen is more OOC questions to clarify background/assumed knowledge and things.

Iron Dragoon

On a different note, I have a thing for the to-do list.

Epic usages of Craft: Mapmaking and Profession: Cartographer.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on May 04, 2018, 11:01:05 PM
I imagine it'll be a thing of DM terror, much like Afina and Moore's dreaded combination attack.

PIXIE-HA LOVE LOVE 90% DISCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 04, 2018, 11:05:33 PM

Eh, yeah, but I'm also considering that part of her as an inexperienced over-reaction. I never fully set her current age, but I'm gonna peg it as 24-ish. She did the dragon thing at 23, so I figure a year of growing power would fit. A 24 year old becoming the head of an Order and shoved into leadership isn't really prepared for it, and combined with the challenges to her authority I'm assuming happened in the last year, she's found it faster/easier to stomp on things and not tolerate little things so they don't become big things. I can see that part smoothing over as things happen, but for now, I'm gonna stick with it.

Makes sense in general. Some newness is fine, she really is rather young for her position.

QuoteEh, that's fine, I wasn't concerned or bothered by it. All that'll happen is more OOC questions to clarify background/assumed knowledge and things.

That's fine, I figured a running start would do better. Shar tends to be a go getter and isn't afraid to be a prime bitch.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Nephrite on May 04, 2018, 11:10:01 PM

In the depths of Dune's nightmares, the echoes of forgotten terrors can be heard: "EVERYTHING NOW 99% OFF!"

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 04, 2018, 11:10:01 PM

There is no hope.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

> Incidentally, I will say this: Someone already missed a genuine plot skip if they caught something and thought very carefully.
<Ebiris> Stuff like that always makes me feel dumb!
> Sorry, sorry.
> I just like pointing it out occasionally. It would've taken that person thinking about some things and really putting a few different ideas together along with a reasonable but not certain assumption.
<Lucille> post
<Lucille> What does that even mean?
<Ebiris> post
> Seira post of just making sure we'r eon the same page since I'm running 5 different nodes.
> It means if someone at the right point put a few things together, made a single assumption and was on the ball, they could've figured out something big.
> Longshot admittedly.
> But I do try to put those in there sometimes, and occasionally someone gets one.

---

If anyone can put together a good guess, SR PM it to me. If anyone gets it right I may have a reward for them. It was something that happened in the past week of gaming.

Do not post them here, please.
<Afina> Forever.