"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Not currently, no. Perhaps eventually.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Now that Alicia and Seira have a bit of hands-on experience with Alter Reality, let's refresh on a clause of it. This isn't an attack or nagging or anything, I wanted y'all to feel it out first before going into this in detail, so you'd better understand.

QuoteA deity can effectively mimic any mortal spell effect, so long as it fits with the deity's portfolio. This limits the exact applications of this ability, as a deity cannot use this ability to do something against what they represent.

Now bear in mind what you represent, what your domains are and so on and so forth. That should provide some guidelines to the limits of alter reality for you.

Examples of no-nos:

Alicia using alter reality to burn a cache of holy magic tomes. Would be a double whammy of being against the good domain and the magic domain.
Seira using alter reality to crush the hopes of those who seek something better. Would be against her hope domain.

So just bear this in mind when you use alter reality.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Fortunately magic and war are pretty broad in Alicia's case. She's used it mostly for 'girding herself for war' with self buffs. The stuff on Sylica with keeping her and Syala's conversations quiet could be alter reality with magic for... doing magic! Or could be manipulating the divine realm itself, it was kinda vague.

Anastasia

It's pretty flexible, yeah. It's less about justifying what you're doing than making sure you aren't doing something against your portfolio.

I mean look, I know you could get into some logic games to justify a lot. I don't think it benefits any of us to. Instead, I'm focused on making sure you 1. Keep uses thematic in how you execut them when possible and 2. Avoiding things against your portfolio. Beyond that go nuts, I knew going in alter reality was a huge toolkit to use.
<Afina> Forever.

Yulia

HEY LISTEN!

I'm going to make an effort on todos this weekend. If you have any for me, post them here.

Corwin

The southern magician feat says that if you try to counterspell these spells you do it at a -4 penalty. Can that apply to all counterspelling?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 18, 2018, 06:10:51 AM
The southern magician feat says that if you try to counterspell these spells you do it at a -4 penalty. Can that apply to all counterspelling?

You mean to all spells you cast, not just those modified by the feat?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

No, the modified only spells. I mean whether I can counterspell something cast at me with a Superb Dispelling prepared using this feat, and have the enemy caster suffer a -4 penalty in the CL contest.

Anastasia

No, I'd read it purely as applying to active attempts they make, not the attempts you make.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I appreciate the fact that Dana's Father is just going to be called that forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 18, 2018, 01:33:22 PM
I appreciate the fact that Dana's Father is just going to be called that forever.

It does amuse me.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Day 2 update.

Jarem Aruwood

Cleric (Crusader variant) 30//Knight 30

Use something for tripping.

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Human)
Hit Dice: 30d12+180+30+60 (462 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30ft, fly 60ft (good)
Armor Class: 55 (+5 dex, +11 armor, +5 insight, +1 dodge, +13 shield, +5 natural, +5 deflection)(25% miss chance)
Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +30/+
Attack: Dellos+43 (1d8+13 17-20 x2)
Full Attack: Dellos+41/+36/+31/+26 (1d8+13 17-20 x2) and Crimson Shield+41/+36 (2d6+18)
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Spells, deific foes+8 (Shar, Garagos, Cyric, Fraz Urb'Luu, Sune, Renbuu), turn deific foes 8/day (15d6; DC 30), smite 6/day
Special Qualities: Knight's challenge (fighting challenge+5, test of mettle, call to battle, knight's code, daunting challenge, bond of loyalty, loyal beyond death), shield block+6, bulwark of defense, armor mastery, vigilant defender, improved shield ally, impetuous endurance, evasion.
Saves: Fort +33, Ref +37, Will +34
Abilities: Str 24, Dex 20, Con 22, Int 20, Wis 31, Cha 21   
Skills: Diplomacy+38, Knowledge(N&R)+38, Knowledge(Religion)+38, Perform(Oratory)+38, Profession(General)+43, Spellcraft+38

4; 33+ability modifier. Wants oratory
Feats: Combat Expertise(1), Improved Trip(H), Mounted Combat(K2), Knock Down(3), Power Attack(C3), Shield Specialization(K5), Shield Ward(6), Toughness(C8), Law Devotion(9), Improved Shield Bash(K10), Agile Shield Fighter(12), Improved Combat Expertise(C13), Dodge(15), Great Fortitude(K15), Mobility(18), Spring Attack(C18)
Epic Feats: Great Ability(Strength)(21), Shield Barrier(K23), Epic Spell Capacity(C23), Epic Trip(24), Shield Evasion(K26), Improved Deific Foe(C26), Epic Agile Shield Fighter(27), Knight's Defense(K29), Improved Deific Foe(C29), Epic Toughness(30)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

[Weapon]Dellos: Adamantine long sword+6, keen and sweeping. Can be used to make a trip attack and does not allow the target to trip you back if you fail.
[Armor]Red Breastplate: Breastplate+6, max dex equal's the wearer's, no armor check penalty. For every 2 points the wearer's Int is above 10, gain a +1 insight bonus to armor class and saving throws.
[Shield]Crimson Shield: Heavy Steel Shield+5. Also is enchanted as a weapon with shield spikes, a +6 enhancement bonus and the bashing and collision special properties.

[Neck]Amulet of Natural Armor+5: +5 enhancement bonus to natural armor.
[Ring 1]Ring of Defense+5: +5 deflection bonus to armor class and +5 resistance bonus to saving throws.
[Boots]Red Boots: Grants a permanent fly speed of 60ft (good) as well as a +6 enhancement bonus to all ability scores.

Epic Agile Shield Fighter [Epic]
Prerequisite: Agile Shield Fighter
Benefit: When you make a full attack, you may make a second attack with your shield, but with a -5 penalty.
Special: You may select this feat up to three times. The second time grants you a third attack with your shield a -10 penalty and the third time grants you a fourth attack with your shield with a -15 penalty.

+2 trip from sweeping, +10 trip feats, free attack + save to be unable to move for one round.

+5 bonus to shield damage from collision. Base 2d6 damage.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

How many NPCs can assist me on an attack with Aid Another?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.