News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

I'm glad today is officially cake day in Balmuria.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 29, 2018, 02:59:07 PM
I'm glad today is officially cake day in Balmuria.

I know. I have brownie mix in the kitchen, today makes me want to consider making them after work. Maybe that or a mug brownie, never tried that.

Edit: Maybe peanut butter bars, but I'd have to go shopping. Besides, those need to cool and set overnight in the fridge. Mmm, peanut butter cookies with chocolate drizzle. Mmm. Or maybe just chocolate dipped. Mmm.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Better/more clear?

Blade of the Righteous
Transmutation
Level: Brd +12, Sor/Wiz +12
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

The touched weapon become the pinnacle of evil slaying, becoming a +5 weapon of Holy and the Bane of Evil Outsiders, Lawful Outsiders, and Undead of Transmuting. The affected weapon gains the Holy property, imparting an additional 2d6 points of damage against all of evil alignment. In addition, the weapon gains the Bane property against Evil Outsiders and Lawful Outsiders, as well as the Undead. Finally, the weapon gains the Transmuting property, able to adjust its composition to overcome the DR of the target the round after a successful strike. It retains this composition until a new target is hit or for 10 rounds.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Iron Dragoon

So, the spells I've been posting and tinkering with have been an effort to try and get things streamlined. With the help of a couple others, I got this, with then intent to invest in a select few really good weapons.

Alyssa's Aerial Assembly
Transmutation/Conjuration
Level: Brd 11, Sor/Wiz 11
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25ft + 5ft 2/levels)
Target: One weapon touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

With a word and a gesture, the weapon you touch becomes blurred, then sudden splits into copies of itself.

This spell creates one copy per caster level of the targeted weapon, which retain all effects of the original weapon. Additionally, the original weapon and all copies become animated as the Dancing Blade spell, with the additional ability to gain the benefits of feats and abilities the caster might have.

Iron Dragoon

Question regarding item familiar. It requires a magic item/weapon. In this example I'll use Life-Drinker, which is a +1 great axe.

Once I establish it as my familiar, it says enchantments are reduced to half cost. So, if I wanted to add another +4 to make it a +5, then Transmuting (+2), Holy (+2), Ghost Touch (+1), that's a total bonus of +10. the d20srd chart lists +10 as 200,000gp, so it'd be 100,000gp for the item familiar, yes?

Iron Dragoon

1st draft of Epic Mapmaking. Wasn't sure how to do a balanced DC bump to have a single map include multiple or all of the features.

Craft (Mapmaking)

TaskDC
Detecting Map50
Tracking Map60
Teleporting Map70
Map fo the Universe90

Detecting Map
The map you create must be of an area you have a thorough knowledge of. You must be familiar with the local flora, fauna, and geography. A Detecting Map can show you the location of any object, resource, or creature you desire. This effect displays and records the location of the detected item and is usable 3/day, and each use can display a different object, resource, or creature. The targets detected are displayed this way for 24 hours.

Tracking Map
A Tracking Map can track the designated object, resource, or creature you desire in real-time. The map can only display one Tracking at a time, but can the target can be changed 3/day. The tracking effect lasts for 1 hour per character level of the creator.

Teleporting Map
A Teleporting Map will allow the user and anyone touching him to teleport to any position on the map 3/day as a Greater Teleport spell.

Map of the Universe
A Map of the Universe records all of the places its user has ever been. It records the area around the user up to 1 mile per caster level of the creator, and a single map records all locations, regardless of planes. Additionally, by laying the Map of the Universe over another map, it can copy all information into itself. Furthermore, the map can be changed to display any place that has been recorded and allow the user to travel to a designated point as a Greater Plane Shift spell 3/day. Finally, once per day, the user can use the map to display the entirety of the world they are on for 24 hours. They can use this revealed map to detect, track, and teleport anywhere in the world, though none of the information is permanently recorded unless the user travels to a specific location.

Nephrite

Sing the Holy Choir
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting, Sonic]
Level: Bard 7
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 3 rounds

When you cast this spell, your next use of any 'Inspire' bardic music can be augmented in two ways, chosen by you at the time casting. You can either create music so holy and good that it infuses the weapons those who hear you carry and wield, giving them the Holy Power weapon property for their next attack, or create such harmonious music that those that hear it gain the Consecrate and Widen Spell metamagic feats for their next spell.

These bonuses are in addition to the normal benefits of the 'Inspire' abilities. If you do not use an 'Inspire' ability before the spell's duration expires, the effects are lost.

Nephrite

Iddy pointed this out to me in the Spell Collection, does this spell supersede Shades? I don't know how long ago you made it or under what pretense.

Superior Shadow Evocation
Illusion (Shadow)
Level: Brd 10, Sor/Wiz 10

This spell functions like shadow evocation, except that it enables you to create partially real, illusory versions of sorcerer or wizard evocation spells of 9th level or lower. If recognized as a superior shadow evocation, a damaging spell deals only four-fifths (80%) damage.

Corwin

I made that spell. It is part of a different spell tree than Shades.
If you glance at the SRD spell list, you'll see there are Shadow Conjuration and Shadow Evocation trees. I wanted a 'greater' Shadow Evocation spell parallel to the top Shadow Conjuration spell (which is Shades).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

This is what I get for posting something at 11:30 at night.

Anastasia

Posting here tonight or the next time I'm not short on sleep. Apologies on continued delay.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Preview 1 for Neph.

Kaja

Fighter 30//Half Dragon 4/Swashbuckler 3/Duelist 3/Dervish 20

Size/Type: Medium Dragon
Hit Dice: 30d10+240+30+60 (500 hp)
Initiative: +15
Speed: 65ft
Armor Class: 56 (+11 dex, +4 natural, +16 armor, +8 int, +5 dervish, +1 dodge, +1 ws)
Base Attack/CMB/CMD: +30/+42/78
Attack: Gem+55 (1d6+37 plus +2 hit/damage vs evil plus 2d6 holy plus 2d6 axiomatic plus 4d6 crit 15-20 x4)
Full Attack: add bite 1d6 base include rend
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Breath weapon, insightful strike, dervish dance 10/day (+10 attack/damage), a thousand cuts 3/day.
Special Qualities: Immunity to fire, paralysis and sleep, resistance to acid, cold and electricity 30, low light vision, darkvision 60ft, dragonscale husk, armor of god+6, grace+1, enhanced mobility, acrobatic charge, improved reaction+4, uncanny grace, movement mastery, slashing blades, dance of death, elaborate parry, tireless dance.
Saves: Fort +, Ref +, Will + (+2 enchantment) +1 reflex grace +2 will
Abilities: Str 34, Dex 33, Con 26, Int 26, Wis 14, Cha 18
Skills:   needs perform and tumble/acrobatics, whichever it is.
Feats: Dodge(1), Weapon Focus(Scimitar)(F1), Combat Expertise(F2), Two-Weapon Fighting(3), Weapon Specialization(Scimitar)(F4), Weapon Finesse(S1), Mobility(6), Improved Two-Weapon Fighting(F6), Improved Critical(Scimitar)(9), Melee Weapon Mastery(Slashing)(F10), Exalted Weapon Mastery(12), Power Attack(F12), Spring Attack(D3), Greater Weapon Focus(Scimitar)(F14), Greater Two-Weapon Fighting(15), Greater Weapon Specialization(Scimitar)(F16), Improved Dragonscale Husk(18), Weapon Supremacy(F18), Toughness(F20)
Epic Feats: Epic Dragonscale Husk(21), Epic Weapon Focus(Scimitar)(F22), Great Ability(Dexterity)(24), Endless Cuts(D24), Epic Weapon Specialization(Scimitar)(F24), Epic Toughness(F26), Great Ability(Dexterity)(27), Overwhelming Critical(Scimitar)(F28), Two-Weapon Rend(D28), Great Ability(Dexterity)(30), Devastating Critical(Scimitar)(F30)
Alignment: Neutral Exalted

Baseline is Fire Elf with half dragon template.

+2 perception

Armor of God at 8.

Take dragonscale husk, scale it for epic.

[Weapon 1]: Gem: Scimitar+7, holy and axiomatic. Has a base critical hit multiplier of x3.
[Weapon 2]: Gold: Scimitar:+7, holy and axiomatic. Has a base critical hit multiplier of x3.

[Neck]Gold Eye Pendant: This pendant grants a +8 enhancement bonus to Strength, Dexterity and Constitution as well as a +4 enhancement bonus to Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma.

Improved Dragonscale Husk [General]
Prerequisite: Dragonscale Husk
Benefit: Your dragonscale husk is treated as light armor for the purpose of your speed and determining if you can use class features and other abilities. Increase the maximum dexterity bonus to +4 and decrease the armor check penalty to -2.

Epic Dragonscale Husk [Epic]
Prerequisite: Improved Dragonscale Husk
Benefit: Your dragonscale husk now counts as light armor or no armor for the purpose of your speed and determining if you can use class features or other abilities. Use whichever is most beneficial in a situation. Your dragonscale husk now has no maximum dexterity bonus nor armor check penalty.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

That's a lotta fuckin' Fighter bonus feats.

Anastasia

It is. He's basically hyper specialized, but he's really good at what he does.
<Afina> Forever.