Psychokinesis
Level: Psychic warrior 6
Display: Visual
Manifesting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Power Points: 11

All physical attacks made by you are treated as force effects for the duration of this power.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, this power's duration increases by 2 rounds.

Okay, lemme run through this with you real quick. Do you mean they merely count as force for the sake of hitting things? Do you mean all melee damage - incidentally I'd tighten up the language there, physical attacks isn't the best way to express that - you deal is force damage instead of whatever type of damage it would be? Something else?

Lemme know where you're going with this before I say more.
I mean that every attack made by the PW is a force attack, with all the benefits contained therein. No additional damage is done. It might be too high level.

Incidentally, if you didn't want a clinical and completely-bereft-of-any-flavor-at-all-bullshit-nonsense writeup, it would have included the following flavor block that would have helped explain things:

With a flash, your weapons are encased in glowing blue fields of force, razor-sharp and ready to slice through your enemies.

Okay then. Yeah, it is overlevelled, drop it to...3? 2 or 3 is where that should be, probably 3.

Am I correct in saying this is a better version of Ghost Touch Weapon? Since it also bypasses DR, in addition to hitting every ghost, and applies to all weapons instead of one?

Fair point on ghost touch. Do you mean for it to turn the damage into force damage, not just have it count as a force effect, and therefore largely bypass damage reduction, Yuth?
Yeah, that's why I said it's a force effect.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:41:10 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:35:24 AM
Astral Ingress
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 8
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: Willing creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level)
Power Points: 15

This power creates an interdimensional connection between your current plane of existence and a plane you specify, allowing travel between those two planes in either direction. The ingress itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (manifestor's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when it comes into existence (typically vertical and facing you). It is a two-dimensional window looking into the plane you specified when manifesting the power, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side.

Augment
If you spend an additional 4 power points, the duration of this power becomes minutes/level.

So this is basically a psionic gate spell? I don't have any real problem with it, just bump it up to nine to match gate, since psionics don't progress the teleport powers it copies any earlier than magic gets them.

(Side note: Why is psionic teleport and psionic teleport circle nomad only, but psionic greater teleport is psion/wilder? Weird.)
It lacks the calling feature that makes Gate so impressive. I honestly feel like 8 is too high. It's really only a precise plane shift.

Well, the thing is, we don't really use that here. We use gate about 99% of the time for transport and 1% to summon an ally (From Aurora in B3, a node member in this game or back in B1, ect). Additionally, a really precise plane shift is cleric 7 or sor/wiz 8 (greater plane shift). So by standards we can see that just taking that into account, this spell's already where it should be.

So 8 is right in the ballpark to begin with. Is turning it into a transportation gate worth the level bump to 9? I think so. It lets everyone travel smoothly and swiftly.

Is there a psionic plane shift or anything like that?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:43:13 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:27:42 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:47:49 AM
Echoing Implosion
Psychokinesis
Level: Psion/wilder 10, Kineticist 10
Display: Auditory and material
Mainfesting time: 1 standard round
Range: Medium :100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area: One explosion in a 20 ft. radius.
Duration: Instantaneous.
Saving Throw: Reflex half; see text
Power Resistance: No
Power Points: 19

Upon manifesting this power, you choose cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. You create a single implosion, pulling said energy out of the surrounding area toward the power's epicenter. This implosion deals 10d10 damage to every creature and object in the specified area. The implosion creates a strong inward pressure, pulling loose objects and even creatures into the epicenter from up to 40 ft. away from the epicenter. Any creature or object that fails a reflex save to grab onto something to anchor it is pulled into the center of the implosion.

Augment
For every 4 additional power points you spend, the implosion occurs again. Any creature or object that has failed its Reflex save or was caught at the epicenter is expelled violently from the epicenter in a random direction, only to be immediately pulled back inside. The violent motion causes any creatures to become nauseated. Additionally, the power's DC increases by 1 for every echo caused.

Okay, first of all power point expenditure. Powers seem to use PP generation equal the minimum caster level for a full caster. For example, a level 1 power costs one power point. A level 3 power costs 5 power points and so on and so forth. That's the structure I used for epic psionics (with the understanding that non full casters like psychic warriors buck this a bit, but they're a bit weird in that system as written already). So the base power points used should be 21. (24th for an 11th level power, 27 for a 12th level power and so on and so forth.)

Do secondary implosions allow additional Reflex saves?

Seems fine in general, though.
1. Power levels 1-9 progress at 2 additional PP per level. Why do your epic powers switch to 3? And why the jump? 9th level powers cost 17 per the SRD. If 10th level costs 21, that's a 4 PP jump. Both of those instances ignore the progression you're claiming to follow.

2. No.

Epic spells go to 21+3 to get a new spell level. 11th level spells at level 24, 12th level at 27 and so on. It matches those.

The minimum caster level for a 9th level power is 17. 17th level is when a psion can get 9th level powers, 17 is the points he can spend on it (barring bonuses, tricks ect). The jump is because 10th level powers aren't gained until level 21. Therefore 21 follows the progression, understanding that there's a gap there due to the way 9th level is the maximum spell level and there's no 10th level magic at 19th level, which would fit the previous pattern.
I see.

All the classes have an odd gap there, it's just unavoidable without starting 10th level magic pre epic, which wasn't a change I ever wanted to do.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 24, 2018, 03:08:32 PM
This may be a spell that warrants a lesser, normal, and greater version, I don't know. It also may be too strong -- I'm really bad at gauging that sort of thing. Also maybe it needs an SR check too? Should Druids be able to cast it too? They do get the dispel-line of spells...

Overloaded Magic
Level: Brd 7, Clr 9, Magic 9, Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect: Ray
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No

A bright white beam flies from your finger. The creature suddenly finds themselves damaged -- not protected -- by the magic they've wrapped themselves in.

This ray overloads the magic currently affected one creature. You must succeed on a ranged touch attack to affect the target. For every spell or spell-like ability active, the creature takes 1d10 points of damage. This spell does not dispel or suppress these effects.

Isn't that like reciprocal gyre?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 24, 2018, 03:26:12 PM
We can forego the duskblades in this incarnation and see whether the Donald spellcrafting scene leads there.

Fair. Go ahead and post the modded for now version and we'll roll with that, pending possible Donald additions.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 04:41:07 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: Corwin on June 24, 2018, 02:04:09 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 01:51:39 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:03:45 AM
Force of Will
Psychokinesis

All physical attacks made by you are treated as force effects for the duration of this power.

Augment
For every additional power point you spend, this power's duration increases by 2 rounds.

Okay, lemme run through this with you real quick. Do you mean they merely count as force for the sake of hitting things? Do you mean all melee damage - incidentally I'd tighten up the language there, physical attacks isn't the best way to express that - you deal is force damage instead of whatever type of damage it would be? Something else?

I mean that every attack made by the PW is a force attack, with all the benefits contained therein. No additional damage is done. It might be too high level.

Incidentally, if you didn't want a clinical and completely-bereft-of-any-flavor-at-all-bullshit-nonsense writeup, it would have included the following flavor block that would have helped explain things:

With a flash, your weapons are encased in glowing blue fields of force, razor-sharp and ready to slice through your enemies.

Okay then. Yeah, it is overlevelled, drop it to...3? 2 or 3 is where that should be, probably 3.

Am I correct in saying this is a better version of Ghost Touch Weapon? Since it also bypasses DR, in addition to hitting every ghost, and applies to all weapons instead of one?

Fair point on ghost touch. Do you mean for it to turn the damage into force damage, not just have it count as a force effect, and therefore largely bypass damage reduction, Yuth?

Okay, then all the damage IS force damage? Six is probably right? It's tough to price there, but at the end of non epic psiwarrior casting feels right.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 07:31:34 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:41:10 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:51:09 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:35:24 AM
Astral Ingress
Psychoportation
Level: Psion/wilder 8
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: Willing creature touched, or up to eight willing creatures joining hands
Duration: Instantaneous or concentration (up to 1 round/level)
Power Points: 15

This power creates an interdimensional connection between your current plane of existence and a plane you specify, allowing travel between those two planes in either direction. The ingress itself is a circular hoop or disk from 5 to 20 feet in diameter (manifestor's choice), oriented in the direction you desire when it comes into existence (typically vertical and facing you). It is a two-dimensional window looking into the plane you specified when manifesting the power, and anyone or anything that moves through is shunted instantly to the other side.

Augment
If you spend an additional 4 power points, the duration of this power becomes minutes/level.

So this is basically a psionic gate spell? I don't have any real problem with it, just bump it up to nine to match gate, since psionics don't progress the teleport powers it copies any earlier than magic gets them.

(Side note: Why is psionic teleport and psionic teleport circle nomad only, but psionic greater teleport is psion/wilder? Weird.)
It lacks the calling feature that makes Gate so impressive. I honestly feel like 8 is too high. It's really only a precise plane shift.

Well, the thing is, we don't really use that here. We use gate about 99% of the time for transport and 1% to summon an ally (From Aurora in B3, a node member in this game or back in B1, ect). Additionally, a really precise plane shift is cleric 7 or sor/wiz 8 (greater plane shift). So by standards we can see that just taking that into account, this spell's already where it should be.

So 8 is right in the ballpark to begin with. Is turning it into a transportation gate worth the level bump to 9? I think so. It lets everyone travel smoothly and swiftly.

Is there a psionic plane shift or anything like that?
Well, there's the rub. The original Gate spell was fine on its own as it stood for a 9th level spell. The fact that the rules of this game alter the spell's functionality should have been taken into consideration when the changes were made. Changing it from a Call Major Planar Ally And Also A Portal spell to Just A Portal Spell is a rather huge change. 2/3 of the value of the spell is removed, if we were in a normal game without any house rules. I'd say that Gate in itself in your world is overpriced as a 9th level spell, because it's been pretty heavily neutered.

As for plane shift, yes. There's a psionic version. It's just as inaccurate as the magic version. Also, it's overpriced for arcane spellcasters. The SRD lists it as cleric 5, sor/wiz 7. No real reason for that, in my opinion.

I'm requesting that plane shift be made a flat 5th or 6th level spell/power, and Gate be a flat 7th level spell/power because of the massive changes to its functionality. Yes, it's more precise than plane shift, thus the 2 spell/power level increase.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 07:41:55 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 04:41:07 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: Corwin on June 24, 2018, 02:04:09 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 01:51:39 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 01:32:05 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 12:43:21 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 24, 2018, 02:03:45 AM
Force of Will
Psychokinesis

Augment

Okay, then all the damage IS force damage? Six is probably right? It's tough to price there, but at the end of non epic psiwarrior casting feels right.
For the third? Fourth? time, yes. All the damage is force damage.

Anastasia

Okay then, it works as a sixth level spell for psychic warrior.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

I had a feeling a spell like that had to already exist, but I couldn't find it. Could we maybe add that to the Bard spell list, you think? If so, I'd also like to make a Greater version that has a higher cap.

Anastasia

Slipping this one in before work.

Level up policy.

Generally, I'm going to try and have as many nodes as possible level up at the same time. However, barring pan-node events or similar things, this isn't terribly realistic most of the time. As such, when level ups do come, expect them to cascade across as reasonable and possible.

I've been playing with this behind the scenes and it's tricky. This seems like the most realistic compromise.

Note: Non divine nodes will get priority as a tiebreaker over divine nodes for first crack at level ups, when needed and applicable. This is purely a gameplay balance mechanic for now. When/if other nodes get in on divinity this won't apply.

Note 2: Most level up time will take a session off to fulfill. So when level up time rolls around, expect a few missed sessions for the needed work of it. Thus I'll try and do them for everyone at once whenever possible, but understanding there will be times it isn't.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Don't listen to those lies, Iddy! Salt is actually rich since salt is crazy tradeable. Also the dragon has a ton of loot!

One thing re: cooperative casting. It's clear that all casters must have not only the cooperative spell feat and be standing adjacent, but must cast the same spell (ie be capable of casting that spell)?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 24, 2018, 08:49:40 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 24, 2018, 07:33:13 PM

I had a feeling a spell like that had to already exist, but I couldn't find it. Could we maybe add that to the Bard spell list, you think? If so, I'd also like to make a Greater version that has a higher cap.

Is there anything like it on the bard list already?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay Yuth, where are we at on powers? Wanna finalize them when possible and start getting them moving.
<Afina> Forever.