Character Build Charts (Old)

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 12:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I'm placing this here so I can add everyone, as I often reference other builds in designing others. This will be less chart and more analysis. Comments to these posts should go into nagging.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Antenora Reynes

Current level: Erinyes 9/Ranger 1/Hellreaver 22//Paladin 32

Okay, first of all, Antenora's going to run Hellreaver and Paladin onward barring an unexpected change. The only deviation might be taking ranger 2 for a free feat and freeing up a single PrC level on the paladin side. So odds are this part of the build won't change much, as that'll only happen if I feel she needs a power bump and that can provide it.

So Antenora's main avenue of growth now is spell progression and feats. For spells she focuses on healing and boosts, which paladin has enough of to keep her occupied. Celestial Valor, Mass Death Ward and similar spells are on tap for 8th level, while Mass Heal will make an obvious appearance at 9th level. Expect more custom opal spells.

Now feats are the more interesting side of this equation.

Feats: Dodge(B), Mobility(B), Initiate of Alicia(B), Mindsight(1), Improved Flight(3), Flyby Attack(6), Power Attack(9), Track(R1), Favored Power Attack(Outsider(Evil))(12), Battle Blessing(15), Toughness(18)
Epic Feats: Dire Charge(21), Epic Spell Capacity(P23), Great Strength(24), Blinding Speed(H15), Epic Toughness(P26), Multiaction(27), Great Smiting(P29), Great Strength(30), Crushing Furious Strike(H20), Spectral Strike(P32), ?(33), ?(H25), ?(P35)

I'm thinking Pulverize(33), Hellreaver Feat TBA(H25) and ?(P35). She doesn't need epic toughness as much with maximum HP per HD, so she'll probably run all the useful paladin feats first, fill out that niche. On the other hand if she reaches DvR1, divine paladin's on tap and provides those, freeing up feats. Decisions, decisions.

Fundamentally though, her build is done so it's all gilding the lily.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Latha

Current level: Astral Deva 32//Cleric 32

Latha will probably get a PrC to expand, albeit a custom one with details completely up in the air. That'll help hone and customize her, but I haven't gotten into making it yet, as other efforts have priority. So expect more here later.

Spells are pretty much resolved that she needs more. Those will come in time.

Finally, feats.

Feats: Craft Magic Arms and Armor(B), Endurance(B), Diehard(B), Words of Creation(B), Shield Specialization(1), Empower Turning(C1), Craft Wondrous Item(3), Shield Ward(6), Empower Spell(9), Sun Devotion(12), Energize Spell(15), Consecrate Spell(18)
Epic Feats: Epic Spell Capacity(21), Bonus Domain(Law)(C23), Epic Crafting(24), Bonus Domain(Glory)(C26), Shield Barrier(27), Vivacious Spell(C29), Shield Evasion(30), Improved Metamagic(C32)

She's retrained power attack into empower spell. Beyond that it's a question of seeing about that PrC, but at least she has a goal and direction now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Jessica Reynes

Current level: Rogue 30//Swashbuckler 10/Hellbreaker 10/Perfect Wight 10

Now Jessica's on the fulcrum of a decision. Does she continue Perfect Wight levels or branch into something new. Swashbuckler's probably not terribly productive for her, but I do have an epic Hellbreaker. My sense is that she'll either stick with Perfect Wight if early results say she needs more uses of its abilities or go to something new. If she goes new? Fighter for some feats would make sense, Spellthief could be interesting and fits the rest of the build. Could consider the Avenger PrC if she really wanted, but it doesn't quite fit her for me. If she does that it's probably purely to also grab Unseen Seer, but that's getting a bit dippy for me. Maybe one of the two Nightsong PrCs?  Choices, choices. Edit 1: How about occult slayer? She could learn from Oberuth and it wouldn't be the worst choice ever.

No spells for Jessica, so let's get to feats.

Feats: Undo Resistance(1), Combat Expertise(H), Weapon Finesse(S1), Improved Feint(3), Sacred Strike(6), Darkstalker(9), Staggering Strike(12), Telling Blow(15), Improved Initiative(18)
Epic Feats: Epic Skill Focus(Hide)(21), Improved Weapon Finesse(24), Lingering Damage(R24), Improved Sneak Attack(PW5), Mass Stowaway(27), Improved Sneak Attack(R28), Superior Initiative(30), Epic Skill Focus(Tumble)(PW10), ?(R32), ?(33), ?(PW15), ?(36), ?(R36)

If she takes fighter, getting improved critical to open up the epic crit bonus feats makes sense, but that also takes power attack. Note to self.

Rogue 32 feat is up in the air, but improved sneak attack, self concealment and blinding speed are all on the short list. I might swap superior init to it and retrain 30 instead, too. 33 will probably be something custom, I'm playing with a few exalted feat ideas for her. Rest is a little too far away to consider right now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Syala, Angel of Love

Current Level: Astral Deva 30//Druid 30

Her druid run probably won't change, as she has ACFs that depend on it. I mean, it's druid, she's doing fine anyway. Her build works for her, I don't thinks she gains anything from getting fancy, unless an unlikely PrC catches my eye.

Syala mostly takes whatever spells catch her eye. This probably means a few custom spells as well as any Sharess spells that are druid compatible. Nothing too fancy is needed or required here, she's pretty direct as far as violence goes. Maybe a custom Mass Heal +++ sort of spell for 14 or 15? Or just grab Morwel's Glory, if that's available. She's another one who will see how her spells work out in play, I think. My gut hunch if that her methodology won't change, though.

Feats: Words of Creation(B), Power Attack(1), Track(D1), Nimbus of Light(3), Improved Unarmed Strike(6), Eschew Materials(9), Ability Focus(Stun)(12), Righteous Wrath(15), Improved Grapple(18)
Epic Feats: Power Stun(21), Great Ability(Strength)(24), Ignore Material Components(D24), Epic Ability Focus(Stun)(27), Epic Spell Capacity(D28), Legendary Wrestler(30), ?(D32), ?(33), ?(36), ?(D36)

Future feats are a bit tricky. Druid feats mostly don't apply to her, so it's homebrew or stretching the options since she has two big ACFs. I'm going to pencil in Permanent Emanation for now, but that could easily change at the drop of a hat. 33's probably some sort of booster feat, she wants Stun as powerful as she can get it. Past that I don't know due to the structure of her feats.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cresiel

Current level: Solar 30//Knight 10/Hellreaver 20

This probably won't change, Solar and Hellreaver until the end. If for some reason he wants to take a long break from Hellreaver, he'll run knight to get the goodies there. Simple enough, I don't feel it's worth considering any PrC or dipping options for him. Edit: Dipping cleric or another turning class next level.

Cresiel's spells are fairly diverse. He's feeling out what he'l need in his new role, and as such, it's liable to change in gameplay. Right now he's covering a lot of bases and slotted in to see what will work. I'm instinctively leaning more offensive for his spells than anything else, but we'll see how that works out in practicality. It also depends on how those domain spells of his settle. More on that later.

Feats: Words of Creation(B), Power Attack(1), Mounted Combat(K2), Shield Specialization(Heavy Steel Shield)(3), Shield Ward(K5), Improved Initiative(6), Shieldmate(9), Improved Shieldmate(K10), Arch-Angel's Mystery(12), Toughness(15), Improved Flight(18)
Epic Feats: Epic Shieldmate(21), Shield Barrier(24), Spread Holy Fury(H15), Epic Spell Capacity(27), Shield Evasion(30), Blinding Speed(H20), ?(33), ?(H25), ?(36)

With the next feat being 3 levels away and with his situation being what it is, I'm not precisely sure what his level 33 feat will be. He's mostly ran the table on shield boosting feats unless he works in turning and divine shield somehow. This is actually a surprisingly good idea now that I think of it. Wow. Like 10/10, getting a huge shield AC booster combos into his other gimmick so well that heck, I think that's exactly what he needs to do. Okay. This would require a 1 level dip (or a 4 level dip for paladin, but I don't want to go that far afield with him), so let me look at ways to get turning. Cleric or bust, basically, barring a few outliers. This isn't much of a dip for him, as it doesn't give him more domains or anything. It's basically turning and nothing else, so let me check variants. Wow, complete wipeout. Oh, maybe favored soul? Nope, no gain. Healer's same way. Still worth it I think, so a cleric dip is in the offing.

ANYWAY. 33 will be divine shield, unless he finds a way to get it earlier. 25 will be the one that gives thet wo defensive Hellreaver abilities to all allies. 36 is TBA, I think.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dana Langersun

Current Level: Fighter 12/Dwarven Defender 17/Monk 1//Psychic Warrior 22/War Mind 8

It's DD and PW until the end with her. It gives her exactly what she wants, after all.

For powers, Dana makes original ones that suit her mood. I do these on the spot with what needs she has at the time, so not a lot here until she reaches her next new ability.

Feats: Endurance(1), Dodge(F1), Mobility(PW1), Toughness(F2), Shield Specialization(PW2), Steadfast Determination(3), Shield Ward(F4), Focused Shield(PW5), Protection Devotion(6), Weapon Focus(Rapier)(F6), Stand Still(9), Weapon Specialization(Rapier)(PW8), Heavy Armor Optimization(12), Melee Weapon Mastery(Piercing)(PW11), Deflective Armor(15), Greater Heavy Armor Optimization(PW14), Power Attack(18), Psionic Dodge(F8), Improved Unarmed Strike(M1), Improved Initiative(M1), Greater Weapon Focus(Rapier)(F10), Greater Weapon Specialization(Rapier)(F12), Psionic Body(PW17), Improved Shield Bash(PW20), Wild Talent(Book)
Epic Feats: Epic Manifesting(21), Shield Barrier(24), Shield Evasion(27), Epic Toughness(DD15), Epic Heavy Armor Optimization(30), Epic Toughness(PW21), ?(PW24), ?(33), ?(DD20)

Okay. Dana's pretty simple with her feats. PW24 will probably be epic toughness or armor skin, keep that simple. 33 is probably epic weapon focus for the extra to hit and DD20 will be wahtever looks good at the time. Dana's likely to stack feats rather than go in new directions. Oh, she may grab superior init with PW24 instead. She wants that to help her bad init some more. She lagged in B3 on init pretty horribly.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Amaryl Gaial

Current Level: Scout 21/Dragonbreath Archer 9//Ranger 10/Dragon Devotee 5/Sorcerer 15

Expect Dragonbreath Archer and Sorcerer to continue indefinitely.

Placeholder for spells and feats with her. I have appraising them on my todo list, so I'm not going to commit to any commentary here quite yet.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Donald Smurth

Current Level: Duskblade 30//Fighter 18/Dragon Disciple (Copper) 12

This isn't prone to change, the build works for him and it works well. He might go out of DD if a better offer comes along, but DD's a solid progression with the house rule for more bonus spell slots.

Donald's spellcasting is limited, so he'll probably go into custom spells as duskblade continues. He needs more touch spells for sure, since they're so good with arcane channeling. Alicia and Donald should get together one day and have hot, sweaty, wild spell creation together.

Feats: Fey Heritage(B), Endurance(1), Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Bastard Sword)(F1), Protection Devotion(H), Combat Casting(D2), Toughness(F2), Power Attack(3), Weapon Focus(Bastard Sword)(F4), Steadfast Determination(6), Weapon Specialization(Bastard Sword)(F6), Melee Weapon Mastery(Slashing)(F8), Fey Legacy(9), Greater Weapon Focus(Bastard Sword)(F10), Arcane Strike(12), Greater Weapon Specialization(Bastard Sword)(F12), Shield Specialization(F14), Shield Ward(15), Combat Expertise(F16), Improved Combat Expertise(18), Weapon Supremacy(Bastard Sword)(F18)
Epic Feats: Epic Spell Capacity(21), Epic Weapon Focus(Bastard Sword)(24), Automatic Quick Cast(D24), Epic Weapon Specialization(Bastard Sword)(27), Automatic Quick Cast(D28), Epic Toughness(30), ?(D32), ?(DD14), ?(33)

Duskblade 32 will probably be automatic quick cast. DD14 will probably be one of the three Great Abilities it offers, maybe Strength. 33 will see him get into the epic shield feats with shield barrier. That also informs what 36 will be, since shield evasion is really nice.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha, former Padisha of the Marid

Current Level: Marid 30//Bard 30

I don't honestly know if she'll PrC. She needs in game time to figure out what she's doing, so this is largely a placeholder. A bard PrC is possible, but she may just stay with pure bard, too. Hm.

Same with spells, they're on the todo list for a review and revision once gameplay starts.

Feats: Iron Will(1), Improved Initiative(3), Water Devotion(6), Rapid Swimming(9), Swim-by Attack(12), Power Attack(15), Skill Focus(Perform: Keyboard instruments)(18)
Epic Feats: Superior Rapid Swimming(21), Music of the Gods(B23), Epic Ability Focus(Perform: Keyboard Instruments)(24), Epic Spell Capacity(B26), Superior Initiative(27), Inspire Excellence(B29), Fast Healing(30), ?(B32), ?(33)

Bard feats will be bard feats, probably run all the ones she wants and then boost things with whatever the +1 to bardic music feat is. 33 is whatever piece looks good, maybe a stat booster, depending.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Kascha

Current Level: Ghaele 30//Wizard 6/Wyrm Wizard 20/Loremaster 4

Classes probably won't change unless she gets adventuresome with a PrC. Wyrm Wizard's epic progression is quite good, so she's in no hurry to leave it behind.

For spells, Kascha will start making new ones next level up. I'm not sure what yet precisely, but I have ideas that should work just fine.

Feats: Alertness(B), Chaos Devotion(B), Improved Initiative(1), Scribe Scroll(W1), Toughness(3), Empower Spell(W5), Maximize Spell(6), Quicken Spell(9), Spell Penetration(12), Skill Focus(Knowledge: Arcana)(15), Greater Spell Penetration(18), Twin Spell(L3)
Epic Feats: Epic Spell Capacity(21), Improved Metamagic(24), Epic Knowledge of the Wyrm(K:N and K:P)(WW15), Epic Spell Penetration(27), Epic Toughness(30), Improved Metamagic(WW20), ?(33), ?(WW25), ?(36)

In the immediate future, I see Kascha taking Intensify Spell or Enhance Spell, see how those work for her. Another dose of improved metamagic is in the cards at some point, along with a few more epic toughnesses to bolster her HP. While her exact choices aren't finalized, the general areas they  may nail are. Cor suggested chain spell, which she'll probably aim for in a dip if she decides to go off Wyrm Wizard.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Elle Stronger

Current Level: Wizard 30//Sorcerer 1/Dragon Shaman 9/Dragon Disciple 20

Class wise, I don't think Elle will depart at all from her current track. Epic DD's great for the bonus spells and natural armor bonus, as well as decent feats. Wizard she needs because she's feat hungry and has a few more to grab.

For spells she needs custom ones, but that's a bit later. Her general direct damage theme is set, so it's just a question of working within that.

Feats: Improved Initiative(1), Toughness(H), Scribe Scroll(W1), Eschew Materials(S1), Martial Weapon Proficiency(Longsword)(S1), Weapon Focus(Longsword)(S1), Spell Penetration(3), Skill Focus(Appraise)(DS2), Quicken Spell(W5), Greater Spell Penetration(6), Empower Spell(9), Skill Focus(Bluff)(DS8), Craft Wondrous Item(W10), Maximize Spell(12), Silent Spell(15), Forge Ring(W15), Insightful Reflexes(18), Craft Staff(W20)
Epic Feats: Great Ability(Intelligence)(21), Epic Spell Capacity(W23), Great Ability(Intelligence)(24), Epic Toughness(DD14), Epic Crafting(W26), Improved Metamagic(27), Great Ability(Constitution)(DD18), Ignore Material Components(W29), Improved Metamagic(30), ?(DD22), ?(W32), ?(33)

DD22 will be whatever looks good, it's an odd selection of feats so she mostly uses that for epic toughness or the con booster. Whatever. Maybe superior init if it's available there. It isn't? Okay then, whatever. She'll figure it out. Having more HP never hurts.

Anyway, W32 will either be improved metamagic, enhance spell or automatic metamagic (quicken). She wants all of those and more, so it's really what feels right then.  33 will depend on the other two, but probably superior init to get that knocked out. Maybe another intelligence booster instead? We'll see how it goes and what she needs then.
<Afina> Forever.