News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Boots of the Swift Hero

These boots grant a 20ft enhancement bonus to movement speed and a +2 bonus to initiative. These bonuses rise to 30ft and +3, respectively, if the wearer Dexterity score is 21 or higher.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

I'll give the boots to Latha.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Moore Loot

A curious chunk of ice rimmed rock
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Seira's Time Trip

Book of What May Have Been

Once a day, this book can show you a history that never was. It grows hazier the further in the past the point of departure is and around extremely powerful entities.

Sword of Yesterday

This greatsword+1 becomes a greatsword+8, keen and temporal banishing when in the past instead of the Present. A temporal banishing weapon that strikes a time traveler forces them to make a Will save (DC30) or be forced back to the time they came from.

Orb of Yesterday

This orb allows yesterday to be seen, all within 20ft of it. Any creatures that touches it sees the last 24 hours around the orb instantly.

Shield of Yesterday

This shield is a heavy steel shield+2 in the present. When in the past, it becomes a heavy steel shield+8, temporal fortress. A temporal fortress weapon grants a +6 bonus to saves versus chronomancy.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on April 05, 2019, 03:24:22 PM
Moore Loot

A curious chunk of ice rimmed rock

Icestone: This strange rock absorbs cold and darkness naturally. If used to make magical items related to cold or darkness, it will enhance the effects of them. 
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

We don't really have much use for that, so we can donate it to Jovar if they want to use it for something.

Anastasia

Jovar will find some use for it, no doubt.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Dragodan Loot

Shadow's Victory

This long sword+9, ghost touch and unholy is made of shadow stuff hard as adamantine and with double the base hit points of adamantine. As a free action, the wielder can have Shadow's Victory become any type of bladed weapon. Regardless of the form, it appears as a steel weapon with a serrated edge.

For every shadow within 400ft of the wielder, Shadow's Victory grants the wielder a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, armor class, saving throws and ability checks (maximum +20). If the total morale bonus +5 or higher, the wielder gains immunity to critical hits. If the total morale bonus is +10 or higher, the wielder gains a fly speed equal to a greater shadow's fly speed and the ability to pass through solid objects as they wish. If the total morale bonus is +20, Shadow's Victory deals double damage against living creatures.

Oblivion's Paean

Oblivion's Paean is full plate armor+8. This armor increases the wearer's strike of oblivion class feature's damage by 2d4 points of damage. The wearer's caster level for spells with the darkness or evil descriptors rises by 1. Spells with both descriptors rise by 3 instead.

Deathseeker's Ring

This ring functions as a ring of rapid healing, except that the healing increases by 1 point per 20 living creatures with 20 or more hit dice slain. The ring's rate of fast healing is currently fast healing 12.

Deathseeker's Ring is a minor artifact.

Ring of Defense+8.

This ring grants a +8 deflection bonus to armor class and a +8 resistance bonus to saving throws.

Black Medal

This slotless item grants a +2 profane bonus weapon damage rolls.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

The sword, armour, and medal just go into secure storage. I'll give the ring of defence to Latha when she gets back. I'll hold onto the deathseeker's ring for potential trade/reward later.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on May 08, 2019, 10:08:55 AM
The sword, armour, and medal just go into secure storage. I'll give the ring of defence to Latha when she gets back. I'll hold onto the deathseeker's ring for potential trade/reward later.

Sounds good. Important: Remind me of this ring once Latha does get back.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

This is the first 12 rooms along. The rest will come tomorrow.

Iddy Loot

An array of artwork, furnishings, valuable inlays, carpeting and other things of richness and value: 242,403 gold. - This is lumped together for the sake of effort and not detailing dozens of opulently appointed rooms. If you're looking for anything in particular or have questions, say so and I'll go into it.

Each room's plaque notes the contents of the room and who they are the property of. This function is intact. Jarem notes that he's pretty sure some rooms were partly looted and the others were fully looted. So it's very much a case of what's left.

Room 1: Shalumafar

Contents

1,000 platinum coins: 10000 gold.
20 gold ingots: 500 gold each, 10000 gold total.
Music Box made in Mechanus, which plays a melancholy tune when opened: 2,200 gold.
A book detailing market prices and fluctuations for ores and metals in planar trading hubs: No obvious value, but it covers the last 1,000 years or so.

Room 2: Empty.

Room 3: Alumar Starwarden

Contents

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects. However, Qualles is cursed. Any who wear it suffer 4d10 damage per round and are nauseated (no save). As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Shot: Longbow+5, anarchic. Gains the ghost touch, holy and keen properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Shot is cursed. Whenever an arrow is fired from it, one of the wielder's fingers are sliced away by the razor sharp bowstring. This deals 3d10 damage as well as results in the loss of a finger. A DC 20 Dexterity check avoids this fate. This check must be repeated for each arrow and any result of a natural 1 always fails this check, no matter how the total. As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Sword: Longsword+5, holy. Gains the ghost touch, keen and frost properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Sword is cursed. Any attack with it has a 25% chance to strike an adjacent ally instead. If there is no adjacent allies, the attack instead targets the wielder. As it is cursed, no price is provided.

Room 4: Wylsafir

22,222 gold coins. They're notably all of identical mintage from Dis: 22,222 gold.
2 ounces of living iron: 4000 gold.
222,222 silver coins. They're notably all of identical mintage from Dis: 22,222 gold.
2,222 platinum coins and 2 gold coins. They're notably all of identical mintage from Dis: 22,222 gold.
222 soul larvae, preserved and kept asleep by magic: No value, as they're immortal souls used as fiendish currency and resources. Unless you wanna cash in that sort of thing.
2 diamonds: 2,222 gold each, 4,444 gold total.

Room 5: Empty.

Room 6: Empty.

Room 7: Sandalphon

A curious network of glass tubes large enough to fit Hanna, in the shape of a massive infinity symbol. Within these glass tubes a never ending stream of blue light races within: No obvious value, you'd have to investigate.
12 glass vials, stoppered, each with a tiny amount of the same blue light within: See above.
A spellbook ensorcelled to never open. What lies within is blocked with intensely powerful magic, penetrating it won't be a casual task.
The corpse of a nalfeshnee, intact and preserved by magic: No obvious value, you'd have to shop it around, but notable as fiend bodies usually dissolve into another material instead.
Masterwork cold iron dagger: 4 gold.
Potion of Regeneration: Grants regeneration 1 for 1 minute. The details of this potion are steeped in mystery.
Glimmeye: Anyone who attempts to analyze this pendant carved to resemble an eye has an overwhelming feeling it is best not examined any closer. As such, no one has pushed their luck yet.

Room 8: D'ylaran

A writ to Brightwater, worth 12,000 gold and redeemable on demand.
A writ to Nocturnal, worth 8,500 gold and redeemable on demand.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 2: Air: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 3: Fire: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 4: Magma: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 5: Earth: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 6: Water: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 8: Deep Ethereal: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 9: Limbo: 150 gold.
I'm Sorry: 150 gold.

Room 9: Empty.

Room 10: Myez Windfal

Iron Collar and Chains: 25 gold.
A child's doll, worn and broken: No obvious value.

Room 11: Rosier

Gold and Platinum Chain: 1,400 gold.
A gold plated human heart: 1,950 gold.
54,390 gold coins: 54390 gold.
Fragment: A strange metal fragment that radiates an eternally fading aura of magic, impossible to identify and yet never fades away. No obvious value.
Silver Chalice, inlaid with dragon fangs: 2,400 gold.
Witch Staff: This staff functions as a quarterstaff+6, impact. Yet it is only truly mighty when used by a witch. When it is, the witch gains her Charisma modifier as a bonus to armor class and a +2 bonus to the caster level and save DCs of any witch spells. This is a minor artifact.

Room 12: Empty.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

First 12 rooms:

What is Living Iron? Anything I can roll to find out if something like Effulgent Epuration would be a solid defense against whatever's guarding Glimmeye? What can I do to investigate the strange fragment?

And I'm def. working on the spellbook. What do I need to do to start that? Same with the network of tubes and the vials.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Second batch of rooms. 10 more rooms to go after this, almost there.

Room 13: Aziz Nasari

Menacer: Large Frystalline Warhammer+5, base damage of 3d12: 55,000 gold.
8 applications of purple worm poison, augmented 10 steps to DC 35: 1400 per application, 11200 gold total.
Statue of Tempus astride two nightmares, life sized and superb quality: 8,500 gold.
A red hair ribbon: No magic, seemingly no value.
Ruby, perfect quality and the size of a human head known as 'Flaming Dawn': 175,000 gold.

Room 14: Empty

Room 15: Empty

Room 16: Empty

Room 17: Gumalakin Manybrood

5,000 soul larvae: No price, see above.
500 gold ingots: 500 gold each, 250000 gold total.

Room 18: Inbar Hamawi

Darkskull: 60,000 gold.
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Tinder Spark, Burning Hands, Seething Eyebane, Devil's Tongue, Fangs of the Vampire King, Fireball, Forbidden Speech, Delayed Blast Fireball, Mindrape, Wish, Belial's Mercy, Corruptor's Touch, Volcanic Genesis, Swept Into Immolation, Firescape: 5000 gold.
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Animate Dead, Symbol of Pain, Create Undead, Acid Cry, Blackfire, Create Greater Undead, Veil of Undeath, Plague of Undead: 2800 gold.
Armor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold.

Room 19: Lagathos Smothers

Full Body Mirror, made of gold and high quality glass: 2,000 gold.

Room 20: Empty

Room 21: Empty

Room 22: Empty

Room 23: Empty

Room 24: Abdul Nasr al-Hariq

Nine Stars: These nine jet opals are each the size of a fist and pure black. Together they form a set known as Nine Stars. Each opal is worth 30,000 gold individually and together they're worth 350,000 gold. However, they are cursed. They can only be picked up and moved by 'someone of royal efreet blood'.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Room 25: Empty

Room 26: Empty

Room 27: Empty

Room 28: Shadin Fescion

A single treasure chest. This chest is impossible to open by conventional means.

Room 29: Dolmaya Augurson

Tome of Intelligence: This tome increases the reader's intelligence by 1 point. Ineffective if the user's base intelligence score is 30 or higher.
Queen's Collection: A collection of royal jewelry including five crowns, a scepter and several pieces of stunning jewelry. It's said to have belonged to a long forgotten mortal empress who made an entire world bend the knee. 280,550 gold.
Mayados: Longbow+8. When wielded by royalty, this bow grants the wielder damage reduction 25/adamantine and epic, resistance to energy (all five elements) 50 and the spellcasting of a 13th level fatemaker.
The Ocean: This painting is a lost work of Queen Morwel, showing a vibrant oceanscape. Once per day as a full round action, the painting may be invoked to bring forth the oceans. Each round, four Tsunami spells originate from the painting, each going in one of the four cardinal directions (north, south, east, west). This deluge lasts for 10 minutes. 300,000 gold.

Room 30: Empty

Room 31: Empty

Room 32: Madalum XXII

Two broken plates of high quality: No value.

Room 33: Empty

Room 34: Empty
<Afina> Forever.