News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Intended split is 6 way (Alyssa, Jarem, Emily, Ianvasah, Bastian, Soldiers): 123,892gp each.

Jarem now has 194507 gold.

Emily now has 181507 gold.

Ianvasah now has 180374 gold.

Bastian now has 123892 gold.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 15, 2019, 09:52:29 PM
QuoteArmor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold. Sell to someone as bait. If no one's interested, sell I guess.

Emily would object to it being outright sold, as it's the product of evil. She'd much rather have it traded or destroyed, or some other equitable solution that doesn't see it back in evil hands.

I'm good with that, too. If she can find an opportunity for it, let's do it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Jarem has 194507 gold.

He'll spend 75k on a helmet that grants true seeing as a hathran mask (ala the Fairy Glasses from B3 that were used from several people). That's 119507 gold left. He'll next spend 33750 gold to add a +15 competence bonus to Perception to this (includes 1.5 same item multiplier). 85757 gold left. He'll call it the Red Helmet. He's fine there for this trip.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Emily has 181507 gold.

First she's going to tithe 20k, with 18150 gold going to Seira's church here and the remainder going to Waukeen's as a gesture of good will (aka please please please don't make me wash dishes and count coins for the next few eons pleaaase). 161507 gold left. She'll pay 40 (MIC doubler is in play) a ring of arcane might. 121507 gold left. She'll keep the rest for now, pending Alyssa's purchases, since she made promises there.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ianvasah has 180374 gold. She'll get an amulet of natual armor+5 with a wilding clasp attached for a total of 58k, leaving her with 122374 gold. She'll spend 75 on the true seeing mask. Done with 47374 gold left.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Time for Alyssa to spend some money! Alyssa currently has 179,420.2gp.

Currently she has: Animated Mithral Twilight Heavy Steel Shield +1, 16,170gp: +2 AC, (Animated +2, Twilight +1). This is going to be improved.

She's going to upgrade the AC bonus to +5. That's 24,000*1.5=36,000.
She's going to add a Wand Chamber. That's 100gp*1.5=150.
She's going to add Inspiring (Armor) from homebrew. That's 9,000*1.5=13,500.

For approval:

She'd like to add the same effect from Bulwark of Antimagic from Draconomicon p. 118 (27,580*1.5=41,370) to the shield.
She'd like to add the same effect from Barricade Bulwark from MiC p. 16 (4,165*1.5*1.5=9,371.25) to the shield.
She'd like to add the Emphyreal Armor/Shield enchant from Book of Exalted Deeds p.112 (+2 bonus, 4,000*1.5=6,000) to the shield.

Assuming everything is approved, the total is: 106,391.25gp. This leaves her with 73,028.95gp.

She'd like to add a Cloak of Resistance effect to her current Cloak of Displacement and Weaponry, Minor, 28,600. It's a 25,000*1.5=37,500. That gives her 35,528.95gp

After this, she wants to buy a Eternal Wand of Vampiric Touch. Normally this is 10,900gp, but that's at CL 5. I'd like to bump the CL to 10. What would the total cost be on that since it's not a normal wand?

A raw skill bonus ring to replace the Black Signet Ring at a +20 bonus would be 20*20*100=40,000. Alyssa can't afford this solo currently, especially not after the Eternal Wand is figured out.

Would also like to inquire about an Epic version of Magic Eating for future use.

Corwin

Per request, posting that weapon/shield/armor enhancements are not done this way. The effective value is calculated, then the desired effective value, and the difference is what you pay. On the plus side, no x1.5 modifiers for the actual price (that's just for stuff like wand chambers which don't cost a +X to the item in enhancement costs, but are mere addons with a pure +GP cost).
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Okay, redoing my loot purchase cause I did it wrong:

Currently she has: Animated Mithral Twilight Heavy Steel Shield +1, 16,170gp: +2 AC, (Animated +2, Twilight +1). Total of a +4 bonus.

She's going to upgrade the AC bonus to +5. That's +5.
She's going to add Inspiring (Armor) from homebrew. That's +3.
She'd like to add the Emphyreal Armor/Shield enchant from Book of Exalted Deeds p.112. That's +2.
She's going to add a Wand Chamber from Dungeonscape. That's 100gp*1.5=150.

The new enchantment bonus is 4+5+3+2=14. Per the Epic Level Rules post, +14 armor/shield: 196,000 GP. It was already a +4, -16,000gp, so 180,000gp. I can no longer afford this item. So, dumping the Emphyreal enchant drops it to +12 @ 144,000gp-16,000= 128,000gp. I have no one to discount this, so I'm left with... 179,420.2 -128,000= 51,420.2gp.

Now the question is, is the Cloak of Resistance addition the +5 cost of 25,000 multiplied by 50% to add since neither it nor the item it's being added to have enchantment bonus costs but flat costs?

A raw skill bonus ring to replace the Black Signet Ring at a +20 bonus would be 20*20*100=40,000. Alyssa can't afford this solo currently.

Would also like to inquire about an Epic version of Magic Eating for future use.

Anastasia

Run what you're doing with your cloak by me real quick?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Adding +5 resistance bonus to the existing cloak:
Cloak of Displacement and Weaponry, Minor, 28,600: This item appears to be a normal cloak, but when worn by a character its magical properties distort and warp light waves. This displacement works similar to the displacement spell except that it only grants a 20% miss chance on attacks against the wearer. It functions continually. It can also store a single weapon of Medium size up to 25lbs, retrival is Swift.

Anastasia

Yes, it's the price of a cloak of resistance+5 with the 1.5 modifier.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alright, I'll do that. That leaves me with 13,920.2gp.

I'm willing to put all of that towards a ring, but that's all I go. Can we sell it and the armor somewhere for at least half the value that will satisfy Emily?

Iron Dragoon

I'll put oh 6500gp into the gift.

Yuthirin

-30k for a Death Ward wand CL 20
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Corryn Loot

Ruined Clothes: Once fancy clothes, they're bloodstained, torn and worse.
Feldane: These iron bracers are carved with images of city walls, tall and imposing. They grant the benefits of bracers of armor+9. The wearer counts as two size categories larger for the sake of combat maneuvers, including CMB and CMD.
Sly Ring: Grants a +15 competence bonus to Charisma based skill checks, but only if the character has maximum ranks in Bluff and Diplomacy, as well as either elven blood or the great ability (charisma) feat.
Mender's Friend: Ring of Protection+5 that can use cure light wounds at will, CL 5th.
Gold ring set with a ruby: 2,490 gold.
Silver ring set with a sapphire: 1,675 gold.
<Afina> Forever.