News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 11, 2019, 11:12:30 AM
Rune piercings and ring of ruby emir added to secure storage, taal faaust and nazum added to Sylican treasures.

The armour's actually an upgrade for Alicia, I just have a thing about wearing the armour of anyone I've killed. Feels like it's tempting fate.

Fair enough, up to you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 11, 2019, 11:29:45 AM
Quote from: Ebiris on June 11, 2019, 11:12:30 AM
Rune piercings and ring of ruby emir added to secure storage, taal faaust and nazum added to Sylican treasures.

The armour's actually an upgrade for Alicia, I just have a thing about wearing the armour of anyone I've killed. Feels like it's tempting fate.

Fair enough, up to you.

Do it!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 11, 2019, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Corwin on June 11, 2019, 09:45:36 AM
While it's sad, I think the rain of swords from the ~mile-long ooze is all I got. The one I examined IC was a greatsword+2, flaming. Please give me moneys for the ton of swords so I could buy cool stuff instead. Unless the dragons or the primals actually had something? We won, Zaaman Rul controls the field.

Understanding that some swords didn't survive or aren't that impressive? You get a total of...

406169 gold.

Right, thanks. That goes four-ways, so my guys better actually do something to get moneys next time.

What about my avatar's fight in Astral? Did anything she kill leave exciting stuff? Or even just money-worth stuff? Seira will share with Honeydip, if so.

Anastasia

How's that tally out and who gets what there, Cor?

That's a fair point there - a lot is lost because things tend to fall in the Astral if left unattended, but there would've been plunder. Gimme a d100 and I'll work some things out with that roll.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

05:47 <Seira> roll 1d100
05:47 <Penuche> Seira invokes Penuche's magic: < 100 > [d100=100]

Anastasia

Are you prioritizing money or useful items here?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

You've intrigued me with useful items!

Anastasia

Orb of Possibilities

This red orb can be grasped and invoked (a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity), doing so invokes a number of possibly useful or damaging blessings. Rather like a Deck of Many Things on first blush.

However, Seira and her divine perspective can see more. It is a minor artifact created by a force of darkness. For the righteous, it will harm them - be it by bad results or by good results that cause undesirable consequences short to long term. Those who are not righteous but are not evil will find it to give out almost all positive results, but always in a way that drives them towards wickedness. The evil find it truly random, giving bane and benefit with no preference.

It is a rigged game, a hateful thing that simply exists to tempt those who find it and make them suffer.

Sanishad

This short sword+6 keen and dragonbane shines with a blue sheen. It deals a base of 1d12 damage from epic crafting usages. When wielded against blue dragons, it becomes a dread weapon that grants a +5 insight bonus to saving throws against a blue dragon's breath weapon. This weapon is an intelligent weapon - or was, the intellect is deeply asleep and damaged.

Underground Choker

This choker is made by tempering a rare gray stone with the blood and blessing of Ogremoch. It is inlaid with Earthbone Steel and black diamonds, the work of Ogremoch, though not tainted by his evil - it's merely a thing of Earth. It grants the strength of stones, the wearer gains a +2 insight bonus to Strength.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Is the choker an artifact? Is the sword evil? What does legend lore say about the origins and owners for these three?

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on June 11, 2019, 11:34:25 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 11, 2019, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Corwin on June 11, 2019, 09:45:36 AM
While it's sad, I think the rain of swords from the ~mile-long ooze is all I got. The one I examined IC was a greatsword+2, flaming. Please give me moneys for the ton of swords so I could buy cool stuff instead. Unless the dragons or the primals actually had something? We won, Zaaman Rul controls the field.

Understanding that some swords didn't survive or aren't that impressive? You get a total of...

406169 gold.

Right, thanks. That goes four-ways, so my guys better actually do something to get moneys next time.

What about my avatar's fight in Astral? Did anything she kill leave exciting stuff? Or even just money-worth stuff? Seira will share with Honeydip, if so.

For maximum clarity, Seira, Elle, Donald and Ranbar each receive 101,542.25gp.

Incidentally, I hope Amaryl and Oraga killed something while off screen and got something nice for their troubles.

Corwin

Right, let's deal with stuff on the Alyssa side.

I understand the following cursed items are being given to me?

QuoteQualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects. However, Qualles is cursed. Any who wear it suffer 4d10 damage per round and are nauseated (no save). As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Shot: Longbow+5, anarchic. Gains the ghost touch, holy and keen properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Shot is cursed. Whenever an arrow is fired from it, one of the wielder's fingers are sliced away by the razor sharp bowstring. This deals 3d10 damage as well as results in the loss of a finger. A DC 20 Dexterity check avoids this fate. This check must be repeated for each arrow and any result of a natural 1 always fails this check, no matter how the total. As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Sword: Longsword+5, holy. Gains the ghost touch, keen and frost properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Sword is cursed. Any attack with it has a 25% chance to strike an adjacent ally instead. If there is no adjacent allies, the attack instead targets the wielder. As it is cursed, no price is provided.

Onwards!

Quote222 soul larvae, preserved and kept asleep by magic: No value, as they're immortal souls used as fiendish currency and resources. Unless you wanna cash in that sort of thing.
5,000 soul larvae: No price, see above.

I can deal with that shit if that's desired.

QuoteDarkskull: 60,000 gold. (Can this be purified? If not either destroy or sell if possible.)
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Tinder Spark, Burning Hands, Seething Eyebane, Devil's Tongue, Fangs of the Vampire King, Fireball, Forbidden Speech, Delayed Blast Fireball, Mindrape, Wish, Belial's Mercy, Corruptor's Touch, Volcanic Genesis, Swept Into Immolation, Firescape: 5000 gold. (MINE. Spells. Copy them as I can, put into library for others to copy.)
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Animate Dead, Symbol of Pain, Create Undead, Acid Cry, Blackfire, Create Greater Undead, Veil of Undeath, Plague of Undead: 2800 gold. (MINE. Spells. Copy them as I can, put into library for others to copy.)
Armor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold. (We got any unarmed plate wearers with enough UMD to trick the negative levels in the rolodex? If not sell, I guess.)

Darkskull is creepy as fuck, utterly unsalable.
Most of the spells are also super creepy and make the caster creepy by the very act of casting them, but actual spellbooks with them are not inherently evil.
On reflection the Armor actually could work out to be bait for the Hamawi family, I can help with that. It's super creepy as well, don't wear it.  :(

QuoteNine Stars: These nine jet opals are each the size of a fist and pure black. Together they form a set known as Nine Stars. Each opal is worth 30,000 gold individually and together they're worth 350,000 gold. However, they are cursed. They can only be picked up and moved by 'someone of royal efreet blood'.

The main focus of my visit. I'll move them for Alyssa, and see if I can uncurse them altogether.

QuoteInside - Demmlar: This greataxe+6, celestial bane and unholy power has a base damage of 2d12 and deals x4 damage on a critical hit. Any celestial slain by this weapon explodes in a burst of unholy power, dealing 2d4 damage per hit die of the slain celestial to all good aligned creatures within 120ft. A Reflex save (equal to 10 + slain celestial's hit dice) halves this damage. This weapon is covered in symbols that you can tell are related to the faith of Umberlee.

I'll be sure to see it with my own eyes if Chauntea decides to follow up.

QuoteBlack Signet Ring: This gold and onyx ring is invisible when worn (as if by a superior invisibility spell). It grants a +20 competence bonus to Stealth checks and the ability to detect good at will (caster level 25th) as a free action. It grants a +5 profane bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities with the good descriptor, as well as supernatural and extraordinary abilities of celestials.

There was a request to purify it, I'll look into it!

I think that's it? If I missed or misunderstood anything, let me know.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 12, 2019, 11:21:54 PM
Is the choker an artifact? Is the sword evil? What does legend lore say about the origins and owners for these three?

Yes, a minor artifact. No, the sword is not evil.

Legend Lore on the first fails - whatever made it has obscured such measures. As for the other two Legend Lore would work. Do you want to wait for me to write up full legends for them or get the short version? I enjoyed doing that with Alicia's, but it takes time do to the writing there.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Anastasia

So if I read this right, you're mostly stashing/destroying most of it with the following exceptions:

You'll pop over to move the gems for Alyssa. I assume this'll be offscreen assuming all goes well, unless you have reason to want it IC?

You want to purify the Black Signet Ring. That's strong and worthwhile enough where giving Emily (or someone, but Emily's the suitable one here) a quest for it is reasonable. Any preferences on a quest?

Let me know if I'm wrong on any of this.
<Afina> Forever.