Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Iddy Ash Treasure

Full Plate+2. This armor is enchanted to radiate warmth constantly, which grants resistance to cold 10 and immunity to the extra damage from a frost or icy burst weapon, as well as similar effects.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Filaurel, the Psionic Tome

This tome functions as a cognizance crystal except it has 50 power points that recharge daily. Additionally, the book can 'hold' up to 5 powers of up to 9th level. These powers become available to the holder of the book as if they knew those powers themselves, but only when they hold Filaurel.  These powers may be of any class. To add a new power to Filaurel, a character must manifest that power while holding Filaurel and focus on passing it to the tome. If they do, the power does not manifest normally (though power points are still expended) and the power becomes available. To dismiss a power takes a full round action while holding Filaurel.

Filaurel is an intelligent and has his own opinions on how to be used, though is generally agreeable.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Nice. Is anything stored inside currently, or is it empty?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Currently empty. Feel free to get people to fill it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

So to be clear, this book functionally allows you to know upt to five psionic powers that you don't actually know? They can be manifested at will like normal powers, and augmented/meta-psioniced just as though they were in your list?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

That's pretty neat. 5 free bonus powers as long as booky is happy. Plus a giant cognizance crystal.

Nephrite

-5000 gold for a library guide.

Nephrite

-7 platinum coins/700 70 gold.

Anastasia

Yeah, was about to say. Fixed so it's good.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Shar Loot

Dweomerbane: Short sword+6, mage bane. Counts as cold iron to bypass damage reduction. Deals extra damage per strike equal to the highest level arcane spell active on the target. For example, a 5th level arcane spell being active grants +5 damage per strike.
Helmet of the Battlelord: This helmet allows the wearer to cast the following spells 1/day as an SLA: Haste, greater heroism, righteous might, recitation, greater mage armor, greater visage of the deity. All spells are CL 20th. The helmet can only grant each spell once per day, no matter how many people wear the helmet.
Albar's Ring: Grants a +1 bonus to inspiration per encounter and a +1 bonus to cunning insight and cunning knowledge.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Hope the ring does Ranbar some good!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on July 25, 2019, 04:18:31 AM
Seeking further clarifications. The focus on reforging here and in the previous post is important! Let's take the case of Kormault for a sec. It's a non-artifact. It seems to be an epic item based on price, but that only restricts work on it to those with epic crafting.

Let's say I get Kormault as a drop. I can use it as is, obviously, but I might want to upgrade it. Upgrades exist to make it last longer and to suit the user more. From the example here, the first is allowed but the second is not.

However, what if I sold Kormault after getting it as a drop? And then asked an epic craftsman to make me a notKormault magic item that cost the same amount but redesigned the secondary effects on it? So long as that other item would be approved by you (ie it's not using some banned enchantment or results in some combo that creates undesirable game effects, it's not an artifact and it doesn't replicate class features wholesale), why can't I just remake parts of the original item instead of using this pretense?

Tackling this question from a different direction, I presume I can buy Backstabber since it's in your list of approved epic magical weapons. Having bought it, would I be allowed to upgrade it from a +6 enchantment weapon to a +13 enchantment weapon or not? Would I be allowed to tack on, say, Holy on it? If the answer to all of the above is yes, what if I wanted to create a greataxe instead of a short sword that's otherwise functionally identical to Backstabber? I'm lucky in that the approved weapon is made with my favorite weapon, but should it be dependent on that luck? If you say 'yes', then okay, I'll accept your judgement. I'd just prefer it to be made clear.

It depends. Yes generally, with a proviso that ask because some things are unusual or special. A lot of requests or changes are entirely reasonable and no big deal, but occasionally you run into an item or a change that doesn't work and needs to be discussed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on June 12, 2019, 09:23:44 PM
Orb of Possibilities

This red orb can be grasped and invoked (a full round action that provokes attacks of opportunity), doing so invokes a number of possibly useful or damaging blessings. Rather like a Deck of Many Things on first blush.

However, Seira and her divine perspective can see more. It is a minor artifact created by a force of darkness. For the righteous, it will harm them - be it by bad results or by good results that cause undesirable consequences short to long term. Those who are not righteous but are not evil will find it to give out almost all positive results, but always in a way that drives them towards wickedness. The evil find it truly random, giving bane and benefit with no preference.

It is a rigged game, a hateful thing that simply exists to tempt those who find it and make them suffer.

Sanishad

This short sword+6 keen and dragonbane shines with a blue sheen. It deals a base of 1d12 damage from epic crafting usages. When wielded against blue dragons, it becomes a dread weapon that grants a +5 insight bonus to saving throws against a blue dragon's breath weapon. This weapon is an intelligent weapon - or was, the intellect is deeply asleep and damaged.

Underground Choker

This choker is made by tempering a rare gray stone with the blood and blessing of Ogremoch. It is inlaid with Earthbone Steel and black diamonds, the work of Ogremoch, though not tainted by his evil - it's merely a thing of Earth. It grants the strength of stones, the wearer gains a +2 insight bonus to Strength.

QuoteLet's say that I get the choker, Honeydip gets the sword while I throw the orb into a vault fo rnow. Just want to settle this already.

Sure that's fine.
<Afina> Forever.