News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Marie gives the following away to Darmor:

Bracers of Celestial Protection: Grants a Protective Aura as angels possess.

Corwin

I'm spending 2 node charges to increase Aegis of the Tarrasque's +2 con bonus to +4 con.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2019, 12:09:59 PMI think the greater problem is falling into the same trap B3 was falling into, one I wanted to avoid this game but it hasn't worked out. Namely, unlimited, unbound by caster level magical item advancement in epic. Make a +15 weapon? Sure, knock yourself out. One thing I didn't want to do this game is do a rehash of B6 on that front. Unfortunately, that seems to be where it's going because I'm not willing to put my foot down. That changes now.

Proposed progression for this. It's open for feedback now.

Base Caster LevelMaximum Total Enhancement Bonus
21-25+11
26-30+12
31-35+13
36-40+14

Note that this pattern continues infinitely.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 30, 2019, 05:23:14 PM
I'm spending 2 node charges to increase Aegis of the Tarrasque's +2 con bonus to +4 con.

Done, adjusting your tally in the node topic now.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Dune, can I buy ki straps? From sword and fist, apparently.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 01, 2019, 03:55:17 PM
Dune, can I buy ki straps? From sword and fist, apparently.

The Sword and Fist one is superseded by the 3.5 version in the MIC. The MIC version is only +2, but those have been used before. I know Sylvie uses them offhand at least.

So no to the Sword and Fist Ki Straps, yes to the MIC Ki Straps.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Incidentally, I remembered what I was talking to you about a while back. Can my Armbands of the Spark (which when activated allow precise damage to immune, ie crit/sneak attack) also be used to stun (as via Stunning Fist, say) the unstunnable while activated? And if so, how many node points will it cost?

Anastasia

I'd say yes within a defined range (things that would thematically make sense from the other functions of the armband), price uncertain. I'd gutshot +2 but that's not set in stone.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on August 31, 2019, 10:45:21 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2019, 12:09:59 PMI think the greater problem is falling into the same trap B3 was falling into, one I wanted to avoid this game but it hasn't worked out. Namely, unlimited, unbound by caster level magical item advancement in epic. Make a +15 weapon? Sure, knock yourself out. One thing I didn't want to do this game is do a rehash of B6 on that front. Unfortunately, that seems to be where it's going because I'm not willing to put my foot down. That changes now.

Proposed progression for this. It's open for feedback now.

Base Caster LevelMaximum Total Enhancement Bonus
21-25+11
26-30+12
31-35+13
36-40+14

Note that this pattern continues infinitely.

Last call on this for feedback.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

It's probably okay? We can most likely loot better stuff but it won't be exactly what we need... best to see how our weapons and armour perform in practice, I guess?

Anastasia

Okay then, adding this to the epic level rules.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Arondaaq

This blade is a longsword+4 with a critical hit rate of 17-20 x4. All creatures within 400ft of it suffer 10 points of negative energy damage and 1 negative level each round, this quadruples for the wielder. Unlike the rest of Arondaaq's effects, the damage and negative levels can be blocked normally. This blade's wounds have several unique properties, all of which cause great harm to creatures.

Any wound from Arondaaq does not heal normally. No amount of rest will allow it to heal, nor will fast healing or regeneration. Magic is likewise ineffective at treating it, even a wish or miracle has no effect. Likewise, any object destroyed by Arondaaq cannot be repaired or restored, though Arondaaq has no special advantages in destroying objects beyond being a magical sword.

Any wound from Arondaaq gets worse over time, further stealing the life of the victim. Each wound from Arondaaq deals an extra 4 points of damage to the victim every 4 minutes, this damage is likewise impossible to heal. It is said that even a nick from this blade is inevitably fatal.

Arondaaq ignores any damage reduction a creature has, even damage reduction that is otherwise impenetrable. It is effective against the unique damage reduction of powerful creatures, such as abominations or deities with the supreme damage reduction salient divine ability.

Finally, Arondaaq can inflict critical hits on creatures otherwise immune to them, no matter the source of the immunity.

The drawback is that it is not safe to wield Arondaaq. It wounds the wielder as surely as any creature it strikes, sapping their life force and health. This is not as devastating as being wounded by the blade, but it strikes powerfully and true. It bypasses any wards the wielder has, as well as trying to wield it indirectly, such as with telekinesis or bestowing the dancing special ability on it. The exact injury Arondaaq causes the wielder is not consistent. Likewise, recovery from this damage is as difficult as being wounded by this blade.

The means to heal from Arondaaq are not clear. What is know that it can wound an avatar and the wound does not extend to the deity's true form. A mortal slain by Arondaaq passes on as normal, the wound does not persist after death and the transmigration of the soul. Likewise, an outsider slain by Arondaaq outside of its native plane reforms without the wound (though almost always with a considerable loss of power, barring the intervention of a deity). Additionally, the gnomish God-King drew on the power of the Fairest Star to survive injury from Arondaaq.

It is unclear if Arondaaq is effective against a supreme source of death and loss, such as Shar. The exact limits of the blade are not clear, and what limits it has, if any, are yours to discover if you risk wielding it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Upgrades from the Mineral thing to node NPCs.

- Amaryl passes so that Ranbar gets more. She can live without it.
- Sanzha gets fire outsider bane. She's CN so holy doesn't work for her.
- Kascha gets holy.
- Elle gets holy.
- Donald passes as well, see Amaryl.
- Ranbar gets her enhancement bonus increased by 2 and fire outsider bane. 
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Victory Arch

This arch in the Cauldron can be placed where Seira wishes, large enough for even an elder elemental to pass through. Those that activate the arch gain one of the following weapon properties to weapon weapon or natural weapon for 24 hours: corrosive, flaming, frost and shock. A creature can only benefit from this arch once per 24 hours.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Moore Fire Loot

Heaps of flawed obsidian equipment
2 flawed obsidian scimitars for Kaja
Dozens of quivers and bows, hundreds of arrows, all non magical.
1 magical quiver.
<Afina> Forever.