News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Benyen has a 77,777 gold writ of credit to Brightwater. He spends 50k of that on a necklace of natural armor+5. 27, 777 credit left. He spends 18k more to upgrade his ring of protection+4 to +5, 9,777 gold left. Done.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Alicia Misc Loot

Box of the Soul

This box can contain a soul as if a proper gemstone for a Trap the Soul or Soul Bind spell, or similar magic. It can equal a gemstone of up to 30,000 gold value. The soul within is protected by divinations as if by a sequester spell (caster level 28th). On a touch, the box can tell the holder the name, race, gender and eternal disposition of the soul held within.

The box can be reused as many times as desired. It does not break, even if a spell would cause it to break or be consumed. It can still be destroyed with normal force, as it is not an artifact.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Loan from Emily: 49k

2x Greater Rod of Purify Spell (Dolmaya, Alyssa)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Traveling funds: -7,500gp to Gaggar, -5,200gp to Valjan-Red, -2,000gp to the inn at Ferrum's Crown, -50,000gp to an erinyes in Ferrum's Crown for all of his store's nonEvil souls, +10,000gp via devil payment, +15,000gp via devil payment.

-39,700gp spent overall.

Previous funds: 118,708.7gp

Cauldron funds: 79,008gp
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Benyen and Dana blow almost all their gold to add electricity immunity to Benyen's ring of heroic acrobatics.  This leaves Dana 525 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Alyssa treasure from Hellhole

1 giant yellow gemstone
Marilith gear
Lots of platinum and adamantine coins

The kukri has been drenched in the blood of the divine for eons and drank in that power. It is a kukri+6, keen. It is also a bloodfeeding weapon, but with sextupled benefits. It can store up to 60 blood points and can store these points for up to 6 hours. When you activate this weapon to spend blood points, you can spend up to 30 and each point does an extra 12 points of damage.

This unnamed kukri is a minor artifact.

The second bottle is some kind of poison - the bile of a demon lord, you suspect.

The third is full of the blood of a demon lord. What's more, you can sense a presence lingers within it, watching and waiting.

The fourth is the eye of a demon lord. Should this eye be consumed, it will replace both eyes of the creature and grant them a +30 profane bonus to Perception checks, darkvision 600ft and low-light vision. This nameless eye is a minor artifact.

The greave is stained by the blood of a god and left to marinate in that power for ages. Despite being a mere greave, it grants a +10 armor bonus to armor class when worn with no maximum dexterity bonus, armor check penalty or arcane spell failure. Instead, the wearer's blood comes forth to form liquid armor around them to provide this protection. This does not harm the creature at all. The creature gains immunity to all effects that make them bleed, as well as anything that would drain their blood, such as a vampire's bite.

This lost greave is a minor artifact.

This heard is the cursed heart of a demon lord. Great and dark power rests within it.

Finally, the book is merely enchanted to resist the passage of time.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Moore Loot

There's a great deal of marid wealth here - marid coins, artwork, precious stones, fine clothing and other things of value. It's all old and well preserved. Sylvie notes a lot of the porcelain, silverware and other such things are of stunning quality, and frankly suggests you keep some for personal use when you have to impress someone.

Mystery's Reward

This silver sword is not one of the famous silver swords of the githyanki, and is instead featureless, like a slab of perfectly polished and reflective silver. This functions as a greatsword+5. Any reflection in the sword is the truth of things, as if by a true seeing spell. For example, a creature under an alter self spell would be seen in their true form in their reflection in the sword.

Ring of Voices

This ring grants a +15 competence bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks, but this is a mere side effect of its powers. When worn by a bard, they may use their bardic music an additional 3 times per day and the DC of the suggestion and mass suggestion bardic musics increases by 3.

Zamza

This riverine scimitar is lined with an adamantine edge to slice through even the hardiest opponent. It is a riverine scimitar+6, undead bane that grands the holder a +8 enhancement bonus to Constitution. Three times per day as a swift action, the wielder may hurl Zamza into the ground. Doing so provokes a great wave equivalent to a tsunami spell (CL21st, DC 35) in a direction of the wielder's choosing. Undead damaged by the tsunami take an extra 50% damage, as if the spell was energized.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Does Sanzha want any part of it for her own, including the notable stuff?

Anastasia

Sanzha is going to claim some choice pieces as a price for her own labors. She might grab the ring as well, maybe.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

She can have the ring if she'd like, Moore would just try and combine it with his Ring of Energetic Voices anyway, and he probably ought to work on that as a project to make it something for his personal use anyway.

Nephrite

I assume that Kaja would want Zamza, even if he'll never use the tsunami portion, but he might!

I think Mystery's Reward is cool, but the effect of it isn't too useful for us. If anyone doesn't want it for any reason, we can donate it to the Authority of Generosity since I'm sure he'd find someone who could make full and complete use of it.

We'll definitely use the high-quality things for decorative purposes and maybe pass some into the trader's hands to help energize that a bit.

If we believe any of it would belong to any particular marid household let's find a way to get it returned to them. We may as well use it as an opportunity to bolster relations with them a little.

Anything else left over we will handwave as turning into some sort of wealth as it's probably time to spend a bit on updating our own equipment.

Anastasia

Okay then.

Sanzha: Ring of Voices + some of the fine art and treasure.
Sylvie: Some of the fine art and treasure.
Jetina: Pass.
Cresiel: A marid flute as a souvenir.

Kaja: Zamza.

I'll do sheet adjustments after session.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

-5000g to pay off the weird old man
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Nephrite

Moore would like to request a Dusty Rose Prism Ioun Stone of +10 insight to AC from Jovar. The math used doesn't seem to line up with the SRD, but using the previous math provided for a +8 one it would appear a +10 one is 400,000?

I mean, for all that the money is meaningless to Jovar, obviously.

Anastasia

Alyssa treasure from Hellhole

Sickly Yellow Quartz Gemstone: 65,000 gold.
Longsword+5, keen and flaming.
Longsword+6, celestial bane and unholy.
Adamantine Longsword+5, keen and with an x3 critical hit multiplier.
Cold Iron Longsword+8, deals all vile damage.
Longsword+6, keen and frost.
Longsword+5. Creatures slain by this sword are absorbed into it body and soul (DC 42 Fort negates).
Breastplate+10, grants a +5 insight bonus to all saves.
Dromen's Bucklers: These floating bucklers function as an animated heavy steel shield+5.
18490 platinum coins
4920 adamantine coins, each worth 25 gold.

The kukri has been drenched in the blood of the divine for eons and drank in that power. It is a kukri+6, keen. It is also a bloodfeeding weapon, but with sextupled benefits. It can store up to 60 blood points and can store these points for up to 6 hours. When you activate this weapon to spend blood points, you can spend up to 30 and each point does an extra 12 points of damage.

This unnamed kukri is a minor artifact.

The second bottle is some kind of poison - the bile of a demon lord, you suspect.

The third is full of the blood of a demon lord. What's more, you can sense a presence lingers within it, watching and waiting.

The fourth is the eye of a demon lord. Should this eye be consumed, it will replace both eyes of the creature and grant them a +30 profane bonus to Perception checks, darkvision 600ft and low-light vision. This nameless eye is a minor artifact.

The greave is stained by the blood of a god and left to marinate in that power for ages. Despite being a mere greave, it grants a +10 armor bonus to armor class when worn with no maximum dexterity bonus, armor check penalty or arcane spell failure. Instead, the wearer's blood comes forth to form liquid armor around them to provide this protection. This does not harm the creature at all. The creature gains immunity to all effects that make them bleed, as well as anything that would drain their blood, such as a vampire's bite.

This lost greave is a minor artifact.

This heard is the cursed heart of a demon lord. Great and dark power rests within it.

Finally, the book is merely enchanted to resist the passage of time.
<Afina> Forever.