News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 15, 2018, 02:33:38 AM
I'd like to try my hand at making a Cauldron-based Mission Arch. Unlike Aurora's, the intention is to use it solely for the mundane forces and not the officers.

I'm playing with a few designs, but first I need to see what's acceptable and whether I'm pricing them right.

Example: Chasing Perfection (lvl6 spell, CL11 needed to cast, duration of 1min/level, material component 50gp)
I'd like use-activated or continuous activation, so the formula from the SRD should be: 6spell level x 11CL x 2000use-activated/continuous x2duration + 50material component x 100when use-activated/continuous, which comes down to 264,000 + 5,000 = 269,000gp (134,500gp to make).

Also, what I really want is to make my elementals wiser and smarter for most of the day, so could I use one of Iddy's dragon princess spells as the template?
8SL x 15CL x 2000 x 1.5per hour spell = 360,000gp (180,000gp to make).

What if I used two of Iddy's spell, the ones for Wis and Int? Would they work like multiple similar abilities, so the cost of adding the second spell would be half (360,000+360,000x0.5 = 540,000gp)?

Since it became apparent recently that smarter elementals serving me are better, but that you'd prefer I didn't summon goal-oriented elementals, I thought of trying this method. Please tell me if it works to achieve what I want.

Price on the chasing perfection part looks right, though I'll run the math once I'm not DMing.

I'm not going to allow non enhancement bonus magic items like that, or things that skirt around it like that. Same reason you things like +insight to an ability score or other non enhancement bonuses are so rare.

Best way to get them smarter is a bigger + mental ability scores spell that works through enhancement.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Fox's Cunning works just as well, the reason I thought of Iddy's spells is that they last through the day. Could you please give me an estimate of how much a mission arch running off Fox's Cunning (or a higher-level variant) would cost, if all it does is provide people with +4 enhancement to Int for the day?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Mmm.

4th-5th level? Very tentatively? I'd have to do some homework, can you think of any spells that do enhancement bonuses to ability scores long term?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Hmm. There's Nixie's Grace, which is 10min/level. Absorb Strength and Abyssal Might (from BoVD) that's also 10min/level.

Crown of Might (lvl3) is 1hr/level. That's what I found for spells granting enhancement bonuses for a longer duration. Haven't checked the home spells.

That said, a Headband of Intellect works 24/7 while based off Fox's Cunning, so since we're talking about a continuously working item in the form of the Arch, perhaps a basic spell is just as good?

Anastasia

Seira gift.

Dragon Statue

This statue is made of gold and with rubies for eyes and accents. It is a skillfully made, two foot long and three foot fall replica of a dragon perching atop a hoard. It is worth 20,000 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Noted on my sheet.

Speaking of noting things on sheets, I would like Amaryl and Elle to add their own purchases:
Amaryl got the Bowl of Lost Treasures and the Shadowbond Ring.
Elle got the Ring of the Stalker.

Anastasia

Moore, what do you want to loot from the Battle of Lunia?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

The dragon, at least, though I think he'd just go donate that to Bahamut's Palace. In fact, yes, he'd just go donate it. If they want to give him something in trade he'll accept it, but the idea is to just be nice.

What is the traditional... I dunno, way of handling the rest? There's going to be so much stuff and I doubt much of it would be of any use to anyone on our end. I'm not even sure what we're "tagged" for, if that makes sense?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 30, 2018, 01:19:09 PM
Noted on my sheet.

Speaking of noting things on sheets, I would like Amaryl and Elle to add their own purchases:
Quote from: Corwin on November 30, 2018, 01:19:09 PM
Noted on my sheet.

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on November 30, 2018, 08:41:15 PM
The dragon, at least, though I think he'd just go donate that to Bahamut's Palace. In fact, yes, he'd just go donate it. If they want to give him something in trade he'll accept it, but the idea is to just be nice.

What is the traditional... I dunno, way of handling the rest? There's going to be so much stuff and I doubt much of it would be of any use to anyone on our end. I'm not even sure what we're "tagged" for, if that makes sense?

Anything non evil is fair game, if you defeated the owner and claimed it as a spoil of war. In the event Celestia has need of something, an item is evil or is suspected of being cursed, malicious or otherwise unsafe? You'll be given fair compensation for it and expected to hand it over.

There's also a lot of after the fact looting and taking, within reason, as those who risked themselves are fairly entitled to claim rewards. The archon and angel commanders usually make sure it's fair, equitable and reasonable to everyone.

Celestia takes a fair bit for use, possible destruction, containment, study or myriad other uses.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Okay.

In that case, anything off the dragon (can Kaja use that gemstone at all, or is it ONLY dragons and not half dragons? If it's any dragon type then Kaja can use it, otherwise it goes to Bahamut's Palace).

Let me know if this ends up working out:

*Moore is epecially looking for anything that would be a noteworthy upgrade for either himself, or his team. YMMV on what that means exactly, but I'm a bit doubtful he's going to find any upgrades for himself here.
*Beyond upgrades, he's also looking for anything that may be somehow unique or special, or even without a price. He is looking to trade for that Ring from Brightwater, after all.
*Anything stolen (i.e. clearly not Efreet but within the remains of the Efreet) that he found he would want to work on returning.
*Finally, he'd also be looking for anything especially high in monetary value, as he wants to give their coffers a bit of an increase.

I can be more specific if you need me to be.

Anastasia

Please do. Be as specific as you like.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

FYI, Kaja will loot scimitars for his hoard/collection, a few valuables and odds and ends. Jetina may grab a few things if they suit her and maybe a flying carpet.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Oh, yes, let's totally get flying carpets for everyone. Let's get a total of 10, to have some as a backup. Oh, if there are any portable holes or things like that, Moore would want to grab one or two extra, just in case.

I will expand on my ideas:

*Moore is epecially looking for anything that would be a noteworthy upgrade for either himself, or his team. YMMV on what that means exactly, but I'm a bit doubtful he's going to find any upgrades for himself here.
-If Kaja needs armor, let's see if we can find him some decent pieces.
-Jetina could use some too. Specifically here any empty slots they may have.
-If there's nothing of any interest (beyond what you mentioned) then let's just grab stuff to sell / trade with Jovar for and work on upgrades for everyone after this.

*Beyond upgrades, he's also looking for anything that may be somehow unique or special, or even without a price. He is looking to trade for that Ring from Brightwater, after all.
-Specifically things that are named, or may be from other planes/historical in significance, like the flute Adrian found.
-I doubt there are any artifacts/minor artifacts that will be found, but he'd be curious about those.
-Maybe anything like notes, orders, etc. that might give them a tactical edge or would give them an idea of some targets to hit or anything like that.

*Anything stolen (i.e. clearly not Efreet but within the remains of the Efreet) that he found he would want to work on returning.
-I think this one is self-explanatory, but anything that clearly doesn't belong with the efreet.
-If there is something stolen that would still be of interest/use to them then we can work that out.

*Finally, he'd also be looking for anything especially high in monetary value, as he wants to give their coffers a bit of an increase.
-I'd say he's specifically looking for gold values above 20,000 for this sort of thing, though obviously selling a bunch of +1 sctimiars adds up.
-Ideally, the coffers are at about 300,000 right now, he'd like to get that to 800,000 or more to create some items after this is all over. If this number is unreasonable due to the amount that they're trying to share with the other armies, then Moore will defer to those in charge.

Anastasia

Okay, this took awhile to sort out. Gimme a d100, there's a ton of luck here in what you scavenge. Sorry about the delay.
<Afina> Forever.