News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Shirt of the Depths

This chain shirt is made of the scales of a strange creature, cunningly made with magic. It has an armor bonus four higher than normal for a chain shirt (+8 total) and an arcane spell failure of 20% lower than usual (0%). The wearer gains resistance to electricity 30 and can breathe water as well as air. Creatures that strike the wearer with successful melee attack take 2d6 points of electricity damage. Multiple attacks causes this damage multiple times.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Io Treasures

Armor of the Courageous

This mithral full plate armor+7 grants the wearer immunity to fear. If they are already immune to fear, such as by having a paladin's aura of courage class feature, all allies within 100ft gain immunity to fear. If the wearer has access to the courage domain, the spells of the courage domain are cast with a +3 bonus to caster level. The spells cloak of bravery and greater cloak of bravery are tripled in range, area and duration when you cast them.

This armor has a maximum dexterity 3 points higher than normal, an armor check penalty 3 points lower than normal and an armor bonus 3 points higher than usual. These are all the result of epic skill usages for Craft (Armorsmithing).

Armor of the Courageous is a minor artifact.

Philosopher's Friend

This darkwood quarterstaff+6 grants a +15 competence bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom based skill checks when in hand. The holder's mental abilities expand with the reflections of the ages, granting a +4 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. Finally, the staff may cast sequester once per day (caster level 30th), except that the target does not become comatose.

Philosopher's Friend is a minor artifact.

Tears

This adamantine longsword+7 is the crystallization of a warrior's sheer determination to endure through his problems and past this. When wielded, it grants the wielder their Constitution modifier as a bonus to armor class, as well as immunity to ability penalties, ability damage and ability drain to Constitution. The wielder may use Constitution in place of Dexterity for initiative checks.

This weapon has a critical multiplier of x3, one higher than a normal longsword. This is the result of epic skill usages for Craft (Weaponsmithing).

Tears is a minor artifact.

Scroll of Polar Howl: A normal spell scroll of the spell the blue ice dragon attempted to cast on you.
Scroll of Iosodaelanaja's Endless Sight
Scroll of Danatha's Improvisation
Scroll of Sorrow's Touch
Scroll of Lightning's Rise
Scroll of Bredanalundalum's Wit
Scroll of Ghostblood
Scroll of Zephyr's Soul
Scroll of Thunderous Voice

Purple Key

A key painted purple, made of what appears to be common iron.

4 copies of Melody of the Winds

Each of these scores teaches a single character the Wind's Song feat as a bonus feat. Only a character with bardic music can use this item. Each one can be used once and is then powerless.

Horizon's Flute

This plain flute pushes back the seemingly impossible and makes them a little more possible. When played by a bard who succeeds on a DC 40 Perform (Wind Instruments) check, it grants a single listener the following benefit. When a creature who hears this makes a skill check, a natural result of 20 automatically succeeds, so long as a sufficiently high skill check can succeed. While it doesn't allow the truly impossible, anything just short of that can theoretically be done with this. You can't take 20 on a skill when under the effects of horizon's flute.

Each usage of this ability counts as a daily use of bardic music.

Horizon's Flute is a minor artifact.

Platinum Key

A key made of solid platinum and shining bright.

Sorcerer's Insight

This ring grants a +2 to the DC of all sorcerer spells when worn as well as a +1 bonus to caster level. Three times per day as a swift action, the wearer may invoke the ring to instantly regain a spell per day she has just expended. Finally, once per day, the sorcerer can cast a spell with a +5 bonus to caster level and a -5 penalty to any dispel checks to counter or dispel the spell.

Sorcerer's Insight is a minor artifact.

Living Scroll

A strange scroll that seems to be alive?
Used.

Adamantine Key

A key made of adamantine.

Small Book

A small book created by Moore with the living scroll.

Gauntlets of the Precipice

These gauntlets increase the bonus to attacks when charging by +2 to +4 total and grant freedom of movement when charging. When the wearer strikes a target at the end of the charge, she may choose to teleport (as by a dimensional door spell) as a swift action. This may be used up to three times per day.

Gauntlets of the Precipice are a minor artifact.

Gold Key

A key made of gold.

Shifting Key

A key made of changing materials, always shifting in your grasp.

Commander's Helmet

This helmet grants a +15 competence bonus to Charisma based skills and a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma. The wearer's voice is clear and powerful, able to be heard clearly for 100ft per hit die of the wearer. Yet the greatest function of the helmet is future seeing, allowing the wearer to have an instinctive grasp of which of her strategies are wise. This grants a +20 competence bonus to any check related to leading soldiers and planning battles, as well as the ability to 'sense' flawed plans. This works through powerful divination magic, able to foil any non epic protections to provide this, even if a plan would appear sound with the information the wearer has on hand.

Commander's Helmet is a minor artifact.

Life's Emerald

This emerald functions as an ioun stone that grants a +10 enhancement bonus to Constitution.

Io's Tome

This tome is said to have knowledge to allow a deity to become One. How this works is not clear.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Let me know how y'all want to sort all this?

Io Treasures

Armor of the Courageous

This mithral full plate armor+7 grants the wearer immunity to fear. If they are already immune to fear, such as by having a paladin's aura of courage class feature, all allies within 100ft gain immunity to fear. If the wearer has access to the courage domain, the spells of the courage domain are cast with a +3 bonus to caster level. The spells cloak of bravery and greater cloak of bravery are tripled in range, area and duration when you cast them.

This armor has a maximum dexterity 3 points higher than normal, an armor check penalty 3 points lower than normal and an armor bonus 3 points higher than usual. These are all the result of epic skill usages for Craft (Armorsmithing).

Armor of the Courageous is a minor artifact.

Philosopher's Friend

This darkwood quarterstaff+6 grants a +15 competence bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom based skill checks when in hand. The holder's mental abilities expand with the reflections of the ages, granting a +4 bonus to Intelligence and Wisdom. Finally, the staff may cast sequester once per day (caster level 30th), except that the target does not become comatose.

Philosopher's Friend is a minor artifact.

Tears

This adamantine longsword+7 is the crystallization of a warrior's sheer determination to endure through his problems and past this. When wielded, it grants the wielder their Constitution modifier as a bonus to armor class, as well as immunity to ability penalties, ability damage and ability drain to Constitution. The wielder may use Constitution in place of Dexterity for initiative checks.

This weapon has a critical multiplier of x3, one higher than a normal longsword. This is the result of epic skill usages for Craft (Weaponsmithing).

Tears is a minor artifact.

Scroll of Polar Howl: A normal spell scroll of the spell the blue ice dragon attempted to cast on you.
Scroll of Sorrow's Touch
Scroll of Ghostblood
Scroll of Zephyr's Soul
Scroll of Thunderous Voice

4 copies of Melody of the Winds

Each of these scores teaches a single character the Wind's Song feat as a bonus feat. Only a character with bardic music can use this item. Each one can be used once and is then powerless.

Horizon's Flute

This plain flute pushes back the seemingly impossible and makes them a little more possible. When played by a bard who succeeds on a DC 40 Perform (Wind Instruments) check, it grants a single listener the following benefit. When a creature who hears this makes a skill check, a natural result of 20 automatically succeeds, so long as a sufficiently high skill check can succeed. While it doesn't allow the truly impossible, anything just short of that can theoretically be done with this. You can't take 20 on a skill when under the effects of horizon's flute.

Each usage of this ability counts as a daily use of bardic music.

Horizon's Flute is a minor artifact.

Platinum Key

A key made of solid platinum and shining bright.

Sorcerer's Insight

This ring grants a +2 to the DC of all sorcerer spells when worn as well as a +1 bonus to caster level. Three times per day as a swift action, the wearer may invoke the ring to instantly regain a spell per day she has just expended. Finally, once per day, the sorcerer can cast a spell with a +5 bonus to caster level and a -5 penalty to any dispel checks to counter or dispel the spell.

Sorcerer's Insight is a minor artifact.

Small Book

A small book created by Moore with the living scroll.

These gauntlets increase the bonus to attacks when charging by +2 to +4 total and grant freedom of movement when charging. When the wearer strikes a target at the end of the charge, she may choose to teleport (as by a dimensional door spell) as a swift action. This may be used up to three times per day.

Gauntlets of the Precipice are a minor artifact.

Commander's Helmet

This helmet grants a +15 competence bonus to Charisma based skills and a +6 enhancement bonus to Charisma. The wearer's voice is clear and powerful, able to be heard clearly for 100ft per hit die of the wearer. Yet the greatest function of the helmet is future seeing, allowing the wearer to have an instinctive grasp of which of her strategies are wise. This grants a +20 competence bonus to any check related to leading soldiers and planning battles, as well as the ability to 'sense' flawed plans. This works through powerful divination magic, able to foil any non epic protections to provide this, even if a plan would appear sound with the information the wearer has on hand.

Commander's Helmet is a minor artifact.

Life's Emerald

This emerald functions as an ioun stone that grants a +10 enhancement bonus to Constitution.

Io's Tome

This tome is said to have knowledge to allow a deity to become One. How this works is not clear.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I figure that the things given to us... are ours. Thus:

Armor of the Courageous - Jetina
Tears - Oberuth
4 copies of Melody of the Winds - Seira x1, Moore x1, Alicia x2
Horizon's Flute - Moore
Sorcerer's Insight - Amaryl
Small Book - Moore
Gauntlets of the Precipice - Antenora
Commander's Helmet - Seira
Life's Emerald - Alicia

Looking up scrolls was a pain, you better appreciate it!

These were general rewards:
Scroll of Sorrow's Touch

These were trades:
Scroll of Bredanalundalum's Wit - Alicia
Scroll of Ghostblood - Seira
Scroll of Zephyr's Soul - Seira
Scroll of Thunderous Voice - Moore

Nongear:
Ability boosts from exciting dinner - all
Siren's Voice - Jetina

That just leaves the following two things:

Philosopher's Friend
Io's Tome

On the tome, let's timeshare it? I propose that I read it as prep for Sanzha's ascension, give it to Moore so he can decide whether to go for it, and Alicia last but not least?

I obviously would like Philosopher's Friend, but it wasn't given to me so if someone wants it as well, say so and we'll figure out some sort of trade or whichever?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Moore already has a Knowledge Prism, so it wouldn't be terribly difficult for him to eventually get something similar to Philosopher's Friend anyway. He also doesn't get much of a benefit from it as an actual weapon, so he's totally fine with Seira having it. He'll likely ask to borrow it when he goes to the Far Realm.

He's also fine with the idea with Io's tome.

For the scrolls, Moore will just jot down all of the magical information on them for use later.

Ebiris

Seira may as well get the general scrolls since she can actually put them in her spellbook and get the most use from them. I'm happy with the split otherwise.

So recording for posterity, team Alicia gets:
Life's Emerald - This emerald functions as an ioun stone that grants a +10 enhancement bonus to Constitution.
2x Melody of the Winds

A melody each is given to Marie and Ebony.
Antenora keeps her gauntlets.
The scroll is stowed away.
Life's Emerald stowed away.

Anastasia

Sylica trophy

Fiendish War Banner

When raised and carried, this banner gives all fiends within 200ft a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls and saving throws.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Seira elemental stuff

Elemental Crystal

This crystal swirls with elemental power. If given to an elemental, it permanently strengthens them. If used for research, it can aid prismatic and elemental research.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Can I have an estimate how they're strengthened? Also, who is eligible? Is Omni? Are Zaaman Rul or Chan?

Anastasia

OOCwise, they'd gain a hit die or two. It wouldn't work on anything equal or stronger to an elemental monolith.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

QuoteArmor of the Courageous - Jetina
Tears - Oberuth

Taken and taken.

Quote4 copies of Melody of the Winds - Seira x1, Moore x1, Alicia x2]

Done.

Melody of the Winds [Bardic]
Prerequisite: Perform 13 ranks, bardic music
Benefit: As a standard action, you can expend a daily use of bardic music to grant yourself and all allies within 100ft a fly speed of 30ft (good). This lasts for as long as you perform and five rounds after.

Let me know who is using the scrolls and getting the bonus feats from them.

QuoteHorizon's Flute - Moore
Sorcerer's Insight - Amaryl

Done.

QuoteSmall Book - Moore
Gauntlets of the Precipice - Antenora
Commander's Helmet - Seira
Life's Emerald - Alicia

Done as well.

QuoteThese were general rewards:
Scroll of Sorrow's Touch

Okay, who is taking those?

QuoteThese were trades:
Scroll of Bredanalundalum's Wit - Alicia
Scroll of Ghostblood - Seira
Scroll of Zephyr's Soul - Seira
Scroll of Thunderous Voice - Moore

Done.

QuotePhilosopher's Friend
Io's Tome

On the tome, let's timeshare it? I propose that I read it as prep for Sanzha's ascension, give it to Moore so he can decide whether to go for it, and Alicia last but not least?

I obviously would like Philosopher's Friend, but it wasn't given to me so if someone wants it as well, say so and we'll figure out some sort of trade or whichever?

No one who went there really wants it - wrong party composition. Anyone inf Seira's node would love it except Sanzha. Up to y'all, just want a decision on who gets it here.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

By the looks of things no one is contesting Philosopher's Staff so I'm taking it.
For the general scrolls, I can take those too and make copies for anyone interested.

Anastasia

If anyone objects to that, say so now. If no one has by tomorrow at normal session time, it carries.
<Afina> Forever.