News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Items of interest/plans:

Post 1:

Room 1: Shalumafar
Spoiler: ShowHide
A book detailing market prices and fluctuations for ores and metals in planar trading hubs: No obvious value, but it covers the last 1,000 years or so. (Possible gift to Waukeen or someone high up in her faith as a trinket)

Room 3: Alumar Starwarden
Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects. However, Qualles is cursed. Any who wear it suffer 4d10 damage per round and are nauseated (no save). As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Shot: Longbow+5, anarchic. Gains the ghost touch, holy and keen properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Shot is cursed. Whenever an arrow is fired from it, one of the wielder's fingers are sliced away by the razor sharp bowstring. This deals 3d10 damage as well as results in the loss of a finger. A DC 20 Dexterity check avoids this fate. This check must be repeated for each arrow and any result of a natural 1 always fails this check, no matter how the total. As it is cursed, no price is provided.
Star Sword: Longsword+5, holy. Gains the ghost touch, keen and frost properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf. Star Sword is cursed. Any attack with it has a 25% chance to strike an adjacent ally instead. If there is no adjacent allies, the attack instead targets the wielder. As it is cursed, no price is provided.
(Break the curses/purify all of it)

Room 4: Wylsafir
2 ounces of living iron: 4000 gold.
(Keep for future use. I feel like there's something interesting I could do with it, but nothing immediately comes to mind. Maybe something to use to improve my shield?)
222 soul larvae, preserved and kept asleep by magic: No value, as they're immortal souls used as fiendish currency and resources. Unless you wanna cash in that sort of thing. (Not sure what I can really do with these. Did a quick google on them, but it seems like a necromancy thing, primarily. I suppose I could give them to someone in Celestia to be destroyed or purified? I'm not entirely sure what they could be. I'd do some investigation into it before I just get rid of them, though.)

Room 7: Sandalphon
A curious network of glass tubes large enough to fit Hanna, in the shape of a massive infinity symbol. Within these glass tubes a never ending stream of blue light races within: No obvious value, you'd have to investigate. (Research and figure out what it's for.)
12 glass vials, stoppered, each with a tiny amount of the same blue light within: See above. (Research and figure out what it's for.)
A spellbook ensorcelled to never open. What lies within is blocked with intensely powerful magic, penetrating it won't be a casual task. (Break it open. SPELLS!)
The corpse of a nalfeshnee, intact and preserved by magic: No obvious value, you'd have to shop it around, but notable as fiend bodies usually dissolve into another material instead. (Similar to the larvae. Not sure what I could use it for, but I'd do some quick research into it's uses. Otherwise I'm sure someone in Brightwater will buy it.)
Masterwork cold iron dagger: 4 gold. (Missed this in the totaling of material wealth. Sell it or give it to whoever.)
Potion of Regeneration: Grants regeneration 1 for 1 minute. The details of this potion are steeped in mystery. (Research to figure out how to dupilicate.)
Glimmeye: Anyone who attempts to analyze this pendant carved to resemble an eye has an overwhelming feeling it is best not examined any closer. As such, no one has pushed their luck yet. (Research and figure out what it's for.)

Room 8: D'ylaran
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 2: Air: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 3: Fire: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 4: Magma: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 5: Earth: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 6: Water: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 8: Deep Ethereal: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 9: Limbo: 150 gold.
I'm Sorry: 150 gold.
(Read, then possibly archive or sell)

Room 10: Myez Windfal
A child's doll, worn and broken: No obvious value. (Obviously a keepsake of some sort. Possible divinations to see the history.)

Room 11: Rosier
Fragment: A strange metal fragment that radiates an eternally fading aura of magic, impossible to identify and yet never fades away. No obvious value. (Research for use.)
Witch Staff: This staff functions as a quarterstaff+6, impact. Yet it is only truly mighty when used by a witch. When it is, the witch gains her Charisma modifier as a bonus to armor class and a +2 bonus to the caster level and save DCs of any witch spells. This is a minor artifact. (Do we know anyone who could use this? NPCs/Allies? Otherwise sell.)

Post 2:

Room 13: Aziz Nasari
Menacer: Large Frystalline Warhammer+5, base damage of 3d12: 55,000 gold. (Anyone want? If not, sell. Possibly to someone in Celestia.
8 applications of purple worm poison, augmented 10 steps to DC 35: 1400 per application, 11200 gold total. (Anyone want? I don't think we have a poisoner. Sell if not.)
Statue of Tempus astride two nightmares, life sized and superb quality: 8,500 gold. (Seems like a possible gift. If no one knows a Tempest bro, then sell.)
A red hair ribbon: No magic, seemingly no value. (Obviously a keep sake. Possible divinations for the story)
Ruby, perfect quality and the size of a human head known as 'Flaming Dawn': 175,000 gold. (Since it's a got a specific name, it's got a history. Check for anything interesting there, then possibly sell if it doesn't open anything interesting.)

Room 17: Gumalakin Manybrood
5,000 soul larvae: No price, see above. (Same as the others.)

Room 18: Inbar Hamawi
Darkskull: 60,000 gold. (Can this be purified? If not either destroy or sell if possible.)
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Tinder Spark, Burning Hands, Seething Eyebane, Devil's Tongue, Fangs of the Vampire King, Fireball, Forbidden Speech, Delayed Blast Fireball, Mindrape, Wish, Belial's Mercy, Corruptor's Touch, Volcanic Genesis, Swept Into Immolation, Firescape: 5000 gold. (MINE. Spells. Copy them as I can, put into library for others to copy.)
Spellbook: Contains the following spells: Animate Dead, Symbol of Pain, Create Undead, Acid Cry, Blackfire, Create Greater Undead, Veil of Undeath, Plague of Undead: 2800 gold. (MINE. Spells. Copy them as I can, put into library for others to copy.)
Armor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold. (We got any unarmed plate wearers with enough UMD to trick the negative levels in the rolodex? If not sell, I guess.)

Room 24: Abdul Nasr al-Hariq
Nine Stars: These nine jet opals are each the size of a fist and pure black. Together they form a set known as Nine Stars. Each opal is worth 30,000 gold individually and together they're worth 350,000 gold. However, they are cursed. They can only be picked up and moved by 'someone of royal efreet blood'. (We know anyone with cash and a grudge against efreet? Would make great bait. If not, then sell in general.)

Post 3:

Room 28: Shadin Fescion
A single treasure chest. This chest is impossible to open by conventional means.
Inside - Demmlar: This greataxe+6, celestial bane and unholy power has a base damage of 2d12 and deals x4 damage on a critical hit. Any celestial slain by this weapon explodes in a burst of unholy power, dealing 2d4 damage per hit die of the slain celestial to all good aligned creatures within 120ft. A Reflex save (equal to 10 + slain celestial's hit dice) halves this damage. This weapon is covered in symbols that you can tell are related to the faith of Umberlee. (Hooo, that's gonna piss a lot of people we know off. We know anyone who might have a use? If not either sell or destroy.)

Room 29: Dolmaya Augurson
Tome of Intelligence: This tome increases the reader's intelligence by 1 point. Ineffective if the user's base intelligence score is 30 or higher. (Mine. Use immediately.)
Queen's Collection: A collection of royal jewelry including five crowns, a scepter and several pieces of stunning jewelry. It's said to have belonged to a long forgotten mortal empress who made an entire world bend the knee. 280,550 gold. (Torn on this. I kind of want to keep it around for personal use if I ever make it back to my prime to take it over, honestly. Other ideas are welcome, though.)
Mayados: Longbow+8. When wielded by royalty, this bow grants the wielder damage reduction 25/adamantine and epic, resistance to energy (all five elements) 50 and the spellcasting of a 13th level fatemaker. (Do we know any royalty? If so, sell. Though, does Alyssa count as royalty now? Not that she'd use it.)
The Ocean: This painting is a lost work of Queen Morwel, showing a vibrant oceanscape. Once per day as a full round action, the painting may be invoked to bring forth the oceans. Each round, four Tsunami spells originate from the painting, each going in one of the four cardinal directions (north, south, east, west). This deluge lasts for 10 minutes. 300,000 gold. (Definitely give back to Morwel. Trying to build bridges here.)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 11, 2019, 08:17:22 PMSure. Life's full of adventures borne from bad ideas. Before I do anything directly to it, though, I'd want to get a more general idea of what it is. Any references to it through history or what the symbol is, and then start with if there's any trap/curse magic on it.

Give me K:A in that case along with K:R and K:P.

Quote from: Anastasia on May 11, 2019, 07:14:38 PMI'd say something like K:Geography/Nature/Planes to get even an idea of what it is, came from, or properties are, then more indepth with Detect Magic or some sort of deeper divination of what it is.

Sure, give me those checks along with a spellcraft check.

QuoteK:A (+3 to this if Terrain applies)

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+45 : 14 + 45, total 59

K:A (+3 to this if Terrain applies)

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+45 : 1 + 45, total 46

The tubes and vials are some sort of energy system. It's based on certain planar patterns of energy generation, using energy to create more energy ex nihilo. It is shunting this energy almost imperceptibly to another location, somewhere in the Elemental Planes.

The spell book you can't quite figure out. You suspect it may be an artifact of some kind, or enchanted by a grand arch wizard of some kind. Unfortunately, you can't tell with it in your hands - a worrying sign.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Emily would like the contents of Room 3 as a gift to her parents.

A note on Nine Stars: How are you going to sell them when you can't pick them up or move them?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

K:A/Terrain/Cunning Knowledge/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+86 : 7 + 86, total 93[/blockquote]

K:R/Terrain/Cunning Knowledge/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+86 : 7 + 86, total 93[/blockquote]

K:P/Terrain/Cunning Knowledge/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+86 : 18 + 86, total 104[/blockquote]

K:Geo/Terrain/Cunning Knowledge/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+86 : 4 + 86, total 90[/blockquote]

K:N/Terrain/Cunning Knowledge/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+86 : 2 + 86, total 88[/blockquote]

K:P/Terrain/Bibliotheca:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 1 + 63, total 64[/blockquote]

Anastasia

Which rolls are for what, Iddy?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 12, 2019, 10:46:16 PM
A note on Nine Stars: How are you going to sell them when you can't pick them up or move them?

Can't I shove them around with TK?

Iron Dragoon

Did them in order as requested. First three for the first item.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 12, 2019, 10:56:50 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on May 12, 2019, 10:46:16 PM

Can't I shove them around with TK?

You try and it fails. Whatever this curse is, it doesn't yield easily.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

There's gotta be a way or they wouldn't have teleported with the building.

Anastasia

The human eye is a symbol of a few things - often of insight, vision or wisdom. While no deity uses it in that precise form, organizations have throughout time. So by itself this isn't any great help - useful to narrow things down later and narrow down what it may do, but not decisive by itself. Find more information and you can slot it in and figure it out.

The shard is familiar now that you delve deep. It is a fragment of Telluy Winds, a long lost spear. An artifact, it was torn apart (but not destroyed) when the wielder, a forgotten hero, battled and overcame an avatar of Fraz'Urb-luu. It is said that if all the fragments can be found, the spear will reassemble itself.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I'll keep researching the eye thing. As safely as I can.

Can the shard be used to divine the location of the other pieces?

Anastasia

Possibly on the shard.

Okay, I'm sure you have a lot of things to do/research/look up from this loot post. Go gather them up in one post I can answer at once, not miss anything, and afte rthat we'll see to the final divvying of loot.

Also yes, the gems teleported so there has to be some way to move them.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Okay, lesse.

On the spellbook, can I do DM or Greater Arcane Sight to figure out what spells are on it?

On the tubes, can I identify the planar pattern to identify what type of energy it is, to better narrow down where it might be going? Or divinations to see where it's going? It's gotta have an energy signature of some sort.

For the nine stars, can I TK lift whatever thing they're resting on?

For the eye thingy, I'd make a drawing/copy of it to take around to other libraries I have access to in order to help narrow it down further, and keep working that route. DM if possible to ID what kind of magic/protection is on it, but I'd do some heavy defenses like Effulgent Epuration or Absorption before.

I'd start trying to divine the other locations of the shards.

Iron Dragoon

I'm good with Emily taking that stuff.

Anastasia

Before I get to this? Iddy, were you going to investigate the names on the vaults as well? Want to do this in one big post if possible.
<Afina> Forever.