News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Yes I was. I mentioned it in chat, but didn't post. Sorry.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 12, 2019, 11:38:09 PM
Okay, lesse.

On the spellbook, can I do DM or Greater Arcane Sight to figure out what spells are on it?

You could try, sure.

QuoteOn the tubes, can I identify the planar pattern to identify what type of energy it is, to better narrow down where it might be going? Or divinations to see where it's going? It's gotta have an energy signature of some sort.

K:P.

QuoteFor the nine stars, can I TK lift whatever thing they're resting on?

They're resting on within a simple holding box. The box does not move to telekinesis.

QuoteFor the eye thingy, I'd make a drawing/copy of it to take around to other libraries I have access to in order to help narrow it down further, and keep working that route. DM if possible to ID what kind of magic/protection is on it, but I'd do some heavy defenses like Effulgent Epuration or Absorption before.

Cool. Describe your defenses here in totality?

QuoteI'd start trying to divine the other locations of the shards.

Sure, what means are you using?

For the following rolls, include who you are rolling with in the roll, so I don't have to check other posts for it. Rolls that do not will be discarded.

QuoteShalumafar

K:P for him.

QuoteAlumar Starwarden

K:L(One you don't have) or K:R or a bardic knowledge/lore ability.

QuoteWylsafir

QuoteSandalphon

K:A or K:R.

QuoteD'ylaran

K:N.

QuoteMyez Windfal

QuoteRosier

K:P or K:R.

QuoteAziz Nasari

QuoteGumalakin Manybrood

K:R or K:P.

QuoteInbar Hamawi

QuoteAbdul Nasr al-Hariq

QuoteShadin Fescion

K:R or K:N.

QuoteDolmaya Augurson

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 13, 2019, 12:51:50 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 12, 2019, 11:38:09 PM
Okay, lesse.

On the spellbook, can I do DM or Greater Arcane Sight to figure out what spells are on it?

You could try, sure.

Let's do that. Greater Arcane Sight because it's automatic and better/faster.

QuoteOn the tubes, can I identify the planar pattern to identify what type of energy it is, to better narrow down where it might be going? Or divinations to see where it's going? It's gotta have an energy signature of some sort.

Alyssa (K:P/Terrain/Bibliotheca):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 13 + 63, total 76[/blockquote]

QuoteFor the nine stars, can I TK lift whatever thing they're resting on?

They're resting on within a simple holding box. The box does not move to telekinesis.

Can I tell if the magic on them would be fooled by a sample of royal efferet blood? I.E. cover a plate or something and then move the plate with TK?

QuoteFor the eye thingy, I'd make a drawing/copy of it to take around to other libraries I have access to in order to help narrow it down further, and keep working that route. DM if possible to ID what kind of magic/protection is on it, but I'd do some heavy defenses like Effulgent Epuration or Absorption before.

Cool. Describe your defenses here in totality?

Well, Effulgent Epuration creats 1 silvery sphere per CL, and each sphere can completely negate any spell or spell-like ability, regardless of level, that direct targets me.

That's probably the vastly superior choice of the two, so I'd go with that, unless I get the inkling that whatever it does won't target me directly.

QuoteI'd start trying to divine the other locations of the shards.

Sure, what means are you using?

Probably start with a standard Divination via Devout Factotum, then going from the leads from that, Discern Location.

For the following rolls, include who you are rolling with in the roll, so I don't have to check other posts for it. Rolls that do not will be discarded.

QuoteShalumafar

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 2 + 63, total 65[/blockquote]

QuoteAlumar Starwarden

Alyssa (K:R/Terrain/Bibliotheca):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 11 + 63, total 74[/blockquote]

QuoteWylsafir

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 3 + 63, total 66[/blockquote]

QuoteSandalphon

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 12 + 63, total 75[/blockquote]

QuoteD'ylaran

Alyssa (K:N/Terrain/Bibliotheca):
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 13 + 63, total 76[/blockquote]

QuoteMyez Windfal

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 20 + 63, total 83[/blockquote]

QuoteRosier

QuoteAziz Nasari

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 11 + 63, total 74[/blockquote]

QuoteGumalakin Manybrood

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 9 + 63, total 72[/blockquote]

QuoteInbar Hamawi

QuoteAbdul Nasr al-Hariq

QuoteShadin Fescion

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 15 + 63, total 78[/blockquote]

QuoteDolmaya Augurson

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+63 : 20 + 63, total 83[/blockquote]

Anastasia

QuoteLet's do that. Greater Arcane Sight because it's automatic and better/faster.

In that case, give me a Will save. -4 penalty.

QuoteAlyssa (K:P/Terrain/Bibliotheca):
This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+63 : 13 + 63, total 76

You believe it's linked to the Quasi Elemental Plane of Lightning.

QuoteCan I tell if the magic on them would be fooled by a sample of royal efferet blood? I.E. cover a plate or something and then move the plate with TK?

Possibly, if you could get your hands on royal efreet blood.

QuoteWell, Effulgent Epuration creats 1 silvery sphere per CL, and each sphere can completely negate any spell or spell-like ability, regardless of level, that direct targets me.

That's probably the vastly superior choice of the two, so I'd go with that, unless I get the inkling that whatever it does won't target me directly.

I meant what you'd have active when you do this, not what they do. Should've been clearer.

QuoteProbably start with a standard Divination via Devout Factotum, then going from the leads from that, Discern Location.

We'll cover this IC then, it may be complex and we'll go from there. Also, remember discern location is banned.

QuoteShalumafar

Rolled 1d20+63 : 2 + 63, total 65

Shalumafar is a relative non entity in planar politics. A mercane, you only know him due to his name being mentioned in a few trade works in the Inner Planes and Mechanus. He has no real ties to the rest of the mercane, doing what he wishes but getting no support to them. This is because his father was exiled - the reasons why vary, from costing the Consortium millions of gold coins to siring Shalumafar with a high mercane's daughter to betraying them to another group for money. It's not really clear which if any of those are true, but most mercane want nothing to do with him.

QuoteAlumar Starwarden

Rolled 1d20+63 : 11 + 63, total 74

Alumar Starwarden is a minor Truefriend within the annals of Arvandor. Truefriends - the sort called saints in other faiths and sometimes even in this faith - are elven heroes of great renown. You can't recall what he's done - likely some mortal business - but you at least know the name.

QuoteWylsafir

Rolled 1d20+63 : 3 + 63, total 66

Wylsafir is a recently deceased devil.  A baron in the service to either Lixer or possibly Dispater (but probably Lixer you record), he died in some intrigue within Dis. The details aren't really apparent to your knowledge - to be fair, that's common enough in Hellish dealings.

QuoteSandalphon

Rolled 1d20+63 : 12 + 63, total 75

An archmage from another Prime, one who keeps a fairly low profile. Nonetheless a few of his spells have spread across Creation and his name is known for them. You recall a few whisperings that he has become an outsider, perhaps a fiend or a creature of pure chaos. Alternately you have heard he became a lich. He's kept a fairly low profile regardless of what he has become. Regardless, he's been around long enough that he's surely become something immortal, as otherwise he would have long passed from old age.

QuoteD'ylaran

Rolled 1d20+63 : 13 + 63, total 76

D'ylaran is an Unseelie Fey. He began life as a half blood when an Unseelie satyr violated a sea elf. D'ylaran is said to be a natural monster, a killer and a tormentor. He gained the attention of the Unseelie thanks to his blood, and in time became one of the Unseelie Queen's personal torturers. He is now a full blooded fey, a unique fey who serves at the pleasure of the Queen of Air and Darkness. His cold nature is said to suit the Queen well, and in turn never flinches from what he must do to get what he wants out of prisoners.

You also recall he tormented and murdered several of Chauntea's clergy. Powerful clergy of Chauntea are under command to capture him so he may face justice if this ever happen. As he spends the vast majority of his time in the Unseelie Court, he's more or less safe from that.

QuoteMyez Windfal

Rolled 1d20+63 : 20 + 63, total 83

Myez Windfal is a mercane. He deals in various good, focusing more on having an established trade route and friends than any one type of merchandise. It's said he's dabbled in almost anything and knows people across all the planes, people who owe him favors or call him a friend. Hugely well connected high and low. Also said to be filthy rich.

QuoteRosier

Rosier is a Duke (Duchess in this case) of Hell. In particular she is the Duchess of Witches. She is a fallen celestial, one who cast everything she has aside and became bitter. She fell around the same time as Belial, cast out for horrid deeds. She serves Belial in the Fourth Hell and has guided far too many witches into Hell's eternal torment. She uses sex as power and guides her witches to do the same, as well as teaching mortal women and witches to be manipulators on par with erinyes or succubi.

QuoteAziz Nasari

Rolled 1d20+63 : 11 + 63, total 74

The son of a relatively minor efreet noble, one with ties to the slave trade. He's something of a fixer for them, dealing with various issues and generally earning leverage, power and wealth that way. He's said to be good at it, but doesn't make a lot of noise - he's said not to be strong enough to deal with the truly top tier problems, so he avoids too much attention.

QuoteGumalakin Manybrood

Rolled 1d20+63 : 9 + 63, total 72

You recall that Gumalakin is a revered goblin and now a proxy of Bane. A warlike tyrant, he leads great hordes of goblins in the eternal battles of the Blood War. He's considered an exceptionally good commander as well as a skilled sorcerer as well. He's often held as a goblin for mortal goblins to emulate.

QuoteInbar Hamawi

Inbar Hamawi is a formerly common efreet that married into the Hamawi family, an important efreet noble family. She is a vile thing that serves Kossuth as a cleric, doing whatever she sees fit to be stronger and strengthen herself. She gets along well with her husband, Firuz Hamawi. Whispers say that she'll soon replace or gain favor over Firuz's first wife, though you also know enough to know this would be politically difficult for him to do.

QuoteAbdul Nasr al-Hariq

Ah, this one you know. Abdul is the Emir of the Burning Nightmares and Knight Commander of the Order of the Burning Heart. An efreet prince in other words, said to be a towering and physically overpowering specimen of efreet manhood. He is a bastard child from a former Sultan of the Efreet. He was allowed to linger at the fringes of the court, unrecognized, and in time secured himself a place in the court. It is said he is naturally intimidating and violent, but that it hides a deep cunning that is what truly dooms his foes. He is legitimized and holds all the wealth and power an efreet emir can be expected to hold.

It's said that he carved a bloody path to his position, but in reality you've also read that it was mostly threats and guile that won him the title of emir. Reports vary.

QuoteShadin Fescion

Rolled 1d20+63 : 15 + 63, total 78

Shadin Fescion is a Seelie Fey who serves as a diplomat to Chauntea's court. By all reports he's a kind soul, not the type to have powerful unholy weapons stored away with a slave holding bank. He keeps a low profile though, no one of true importance on the planar stage.

QuoteDolmaya Augurson

Rolled 1d20+63 : 20 + 63, total 83

The name rings a bell. You have a think, recalling all your memories under Bibliotheca Arcana. It comes to you, an ancient snipped written and recorded countless times over the eons, passed down from crumbling book of lore to new book, then crumbling books ages later. Dolmaya Augurson, an ancient mortal empress who made an entire world kneel to her. Said to be so powerful as to challenge the divine, she is said to have ruled for thousands of years before vanishing. Little else is known of her.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Since I know it's dangerous, active defenses would be Effulgent Epuration, Epic Mage Armor, Superior Resistance, Shield, Energy Immunity (All but fire), and Elemental Body (Fire). I think that's it.

I'd also ha e either Emily or Jarem present just in case of oh shit healing or emergency dispel or whatever.

Anastasia

Learner Loot

Ahnvae: This black cloak grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks. When worn at night and similar conditions of darkness, this bonus rises to +25 and grants several additional benefits. The wearer never leaves tracks or signs of his passing, as if affected by a pass without trace spell (CL20). The wearer is scentless and cannot be tracked by scent.

Kormault: A pair of black iron bracers, these turn the wearer's unarmed attacks or natural weapons into +8 keen and valorous weapons. The wearer's unarmed strikes and natural weapons also count as adamantine and epic to overcome damage reduction.

Guenhyvar: This golden bracelet grants any vampire who wears it a +2 bonus to Charisma and a +4 bonus to their dominate special attack. To gain these powers, a vampire must feed on a virgin of the opposite sex of great beauty.  Until that is done, this bracelet gives no benefits. Non vampires who wear it suffer 3d6 points of negative energy damage and the bracelet slides off their arm.

Nevaeaf: This ring grants the wearer damage reduction 5/-, or damage reduction 10/- if they are of the blood of the Daoin. Unlike normal types of item granted damage reduction, those with the blood of Daoin can stack this damage reduction with a permanent impenetrable damage reduction.

Itas: This ring is a ring of defense+5 that grants resistance to positive energy 30.

The rest of his equipment is non magical - rings and bracers of fine make and material, if you want to sell them or keep them.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Melia can have the cloak so she can do her job better.

Does Kaja want the bracers? We don't have any monks, but we could donate them to Pistis Sophia if we can't use them.

Holy moly melt the awful vampire thing and sell it's components or something unless there's some good vampire we're aware of?

I don't think the ring is of much use, but if someone disagrees that's fine. I'd just sell it otherwise or donate it to Jovar.

Sell the rest, donate the gold to Lathanders clergy  with a "keep fighting vampires" note.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 14, 2019, 12:42:48 PM
Melia can have the cloak so she can do her job better.

Done. Mention this the next time you talk to her, would you?

QuoteDoes Kaja want the bracers? We don't have any monks, but we could donate them to Pistis Sophia if we can't use them.

Kaja does not.

In fairness, Pistis Sophia will politely turn them down as well. She's anti materialism, remember.

QuoteHoly moly melt the awful vampire thing and sell it's components or something unless there's some good vampire we're aware of?

Nope, so melted down. The metal  value is worth 300 gold.

QuoteI don't think the ring is of much use, but if someone disagrees that's fine. I'd just sell it otherwise or donate it to Jovar.

Which ring? There are two rings.

QuoteSell the rest, donate the gold to Lathanders clergy  with a "keep fighting vampires" note.

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Sorry, I meant Nevaeaf.

I think Itas is safe to sell too.

It sounds like we need to find a home for the monk bracers. By the way my phone keeps auto correcting bracers to beavers.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 13, 2019, 11:21:50 PM

You believe it's linked to the Quasi Elemental Plane of Lightning.

Can I figure out what it can be used for? Or figure out a way to trace it?

QuotePossibly, if you could get your hands on royal efreet blood.

On list for next trip to Brightwater, or if Bastian wants to hunt around for some. If Jarem or Emily can track down some Efreet royal, I guess we can go kill one, too.

QuoteI meant what you'd have active when you do this, not what they do. Should've been clearer.

See here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1146463.html#msg1146463

QuoteWe'll cover this IC then, it may be complex and we'll go from there. Also, remember discern location is banned.

Sounds good. I'll figure something else out other than Discern Location, then. Commune or something.

For the people from the vault names, you mentioned Jarem wanted to talk, so I'll hold off on dumping anything from them until that happens.

Nephrite

I actually meant like, to give to Pistis Sophia to give to someone else, but so noted on the anti materialism part of things.

Let's sell Itas and send its gold over to Aurora with a note of "Keep fighting vampires" too.

So that leaves Kormault and Nevaeaf, which we don't really have much use for. I'm assuming a "Daoin" is a high-ranking dao or something? Blech.

I'll put it out there for anyone in the other nodes who might be able to make use of them, and we can work something out.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on May 14, 2019, 08:53:58 PM
I actually meant like, to give to Pistis Sophia to give to someone else, but so noted on the anti materialism part of things.

Let's sell Itas and send its gold over to Aurora with a note of "Keep fighting vampires" too.

So that leaves Kormault and Nevaeaf, which we don't really have much use for. I'm assuming a "Daoin" is a high-ranking dao or something? Blech.

I'll put it out there for anyone in the other nodes who might be able to make use of them, and we can work something out.

Sounds good all around.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 14, 2019, 06:28:04 PMCan I figure out what it can be used for? Or figure out a way to trace it?

Possibly so, moreso if you go visit and work there. It would take effort, it's hardly trivial magic.

QuoteOn list for next trip to Brightwater, or if Bastian wants to hunt around for some. If Jarem or Emily can track down some Efreet royal, I guess we can go kill one, too.

Okay, so noted.

QuoteSee here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1146463.html#msg1146463

Will save, -6 penalty. Good luck.

QuoteSounds good. I'll figure something else out other than Discern Location, then. Commune or something.

For the people from the vault names, you mentioned Jarem wanted to talk, so I'll hold off on dumping anything from them until that happens.

Cool.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on May 14, 2019, 10:38:23 PM
QuoteSee here: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104121.msg1146463.html#msg1146463

Will save, -6 penalty. Good luck.

Will/Superior Resistance/Cunning Insgiht:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+29 : 5 + 29, total 34[/blockquote]

Anastasia

A mere look at the eye like this burns your eyes horribly, but fortunately nothing else happens, beyond ruining the attempt.
<Afina> Forever.