News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Assuming same -6 here.

Will/Superior Resistance/Cunning Insight:

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+29 : 19 + 29, total 48[/blockquote]

Corwin

Quote from: Nephrite on May 14, 2019, 08:53:58 PM
So that leaves Kormault and Nevaeaf, which we don't really have much use for. I'm assuming a "Daoin" is a high-ranking dao or something? Blech.

I'll put it out there for anyone in the other nodes who might be able to make use of them, and we can work something out.

I think both are awesome, so I'd be interested in a trade pending IC meetup once I take out an army or two.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Nephrite

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on May 15, 2019, 12:16:43 AM
Assuming same -6 here.

Will/Superior Resistance/Cunning Insight:

This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 1d20+29 : 19 + 29, total 48

Your eyes burn but this time you withstand it.

Ocular Key: This pendant is the key to a forbidden room, somewhere in Creation. Take it to that place and it shall open up a mighty magical barrier.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Fucking awesome. Now, I'm gonna need a bit of advice/guidance. What's the best way to track it down? Divination fora spell keyed to it or the spell energy?

Anastasia

Jarem would suggest divinations, but understanding something so well guarded may well be divination warded as well. He's suggest a minimum of commune level spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Works. I can do that, but that's all yes/no questions right? I'm gonna have to put a list together.

Anastasia

Sure, there's no hurry and can be done whenever.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, so now that this is all sorted, refresh me on what loot/money your NPCs are getting?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Straight cash:

Total value: 668,653

6 way split (Alyssa, Jarem, Emily, Ianvasah, Bastian, Soldiers): 111,442.16gp/ea

Selling these:

Menacer: Large Frystalline Warhammer+5, base damage of 3d12: 55,000 gold.
8 applications of purple worm poison, augmented 10 steps to DC 35: 1400 per application, 11200 gold total.
Statue of Tempus astride two nightmares, life sized and superb quality: 8,500 gold.

Still to be investigated:
Ruby, perfect quality and the size of a human head known as 'Flaming Dawn': 175,000 gold. Is there anything to this beyond just being a f'n huge ruby?
Darkskull: 60,000 gold. Dunno what this could be used for? Otherwise I'll sell it.
Demmlar: This greataxe+6, celestial bane and unholy power has a base damage of 2d12 and deals x4 damage on a critical hit. Any celestial slain by this weapon explodes in a burst of unholy power, dealing 2d4 damage per hit die of the slain celestial to all good aligned creatures within 120ft. A Reflex save (equal to 10 + slain celestial's hit dice) halves this damage. This weapon is covered in symbols that you can tell are related to the faith of Umberlee. Need to do some investigation on how this came to be in the bank vault run by a fiend/Inevitable under the name of a good diplomat.

Need to read these (at least a summary)"
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 2: Air: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 3: Fire: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 4: Magma: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 5: Earth: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 6: Water: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 8: Deep Ethereal: 150 gold.
Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 9: Limbo: 150 gold.
I'm Sorry: 150 gold.

To be used as bait/in-road making:
Armor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold. Sell to someone as bait. If no one's interested, sell I guess.
Nine Stars: These nine jet opals are each the size of a fist and pure black. Together they form a set known as Nine Stars. Each opal is worth 30,000 gold individually and together they're worth 350,000 gold. However, they are cursed. They can only be picked up and moved by 'someone of royal efreet blood'. Trying to find Royal Efreet blood. Otherwise, continue to try and move, then sell as bait.
Queen's Collection: A collection of royal jewelry including five crowns, a scepter and several pieces of stunning jewelry. It's said to have belonged to a long forgotten mortal empress who made an entire world bend the knee. 280,550 gold. Try to return to make allies.
Mayados: Longbow+8. When wielded by royalty, this bow grants the wielder damage reduction 25/adamantine and epic, resistance to energy (all five elements) 50 and the spellcasting of a 13th level fatemaker. Same as above.
The Ocean: This painting is a lost work of Queen Morwel, showing a vibrant oceanscape. Once per day as a full round action, the painting may be invoked to bring forth the oceans. Each round, four Tsunami spells originate from the painting, each going in one of the four cardinal directions (north, south, east, west). This deluge lasts for 10 minutes. 300,000 gold. Return to Morwel.

So as of now, selling those three items nets an additional 74,700gp, new total is 743,353gp.

Intended split is 6 way (Alyssa, Jarem, Emily, Ianvasah, Bastian, Soldiers): 123,892gp each.

That said, I'm not sure what our soldiers get paid or what a reasonable wage/split would be?

Anastasia

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 3: Fire.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of the Plane of Fire, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"There are many different tribes and kingdoms within Fire, but none were stranger than the Defilers of Water. They are a group of devoted efreeti who take burning rock and craft it into great boats. These huge boats are then painstakingly crafted to the finest detail, said to take centuries of work. When done, the boat is taken to a portal that leads to the Astral, and then through there to a portal into Water. The boat, being of pure Fire, promptly explodes into a hundred-thousand pieces. I scoffed at this flagrant waste, yet each of the Defilers claimed they were striking great blows against Water. They insist that they are sponsored by the Sultan of the Efreet, and indeed possess considerable material wealth. Moreover, they use the reality altering power of wish to unhallow each boat before sending it into water, claiming that the Sultan personally grants this wish."

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 4: Magma.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of the Para-Elemental Plane of Magma, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"My sojourn into Magma can be best described by my meeting with the Lavafriends. These earth and fire elementals smash into each other willingly, until they can smash no more and collapse. They repeat this day after day for weeks, until I at last decry the foolishness of this affair. I am told to be silent and watch one more day. This day they again smash into each other, but this time the earth melts and the fire cools. What were two are now one, a new magma para-elemental born. I found the entire display nauseating, moreso when the newly born para-elemental thanked its now deceased parents. Madness!"

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 5: Earth.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of Earth, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"Of all the elementals and settlements deep in Earth, the ones that most confounded me were the Fleshknowers. These elementals are dedicated to understanding the way of what they call softs, beings of flesh and blood. As such, they abduct travelers and force them into teaching the elementals about the softs. It should be noted that the kidnapped creatures rarely mind in the end, as the elementals pay them what they would call a pittance: several pounds of precious metals and multiple large gemstones.

What knowledge the elementals gain is put to direct use. They open academies of twisted and misunderstood facts, to train elementals in how to deal with softs who attempt to bind them."

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 6: Water.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of Water, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"In the many marid cities I visited, none were so enthralled me as the Knights of the Corals. These marid breed chaos-blooded sharks as mounts, trained to specialize in what they call the Tidal Waves - great charges of hundreds of marid knights. Moreover, they claimed to craft superior lances from coral to lead these charges. Aghast at such shameless thalassophilia, I scoffed at these claims. The knights mocked my scorn and drew their lances, then one threw it through the water. It traveled faster than if through air and pierced the sedimentary stones behind me. Wondrous things indeed, as they claim the lances are harder than adamantine!"

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 7: Steam.

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of Para-Elemental Plane of Steam. It provides the following information and traits about Steam, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. In addition, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"My journey through Steam was interrupted when I came on a particularly barbaric custom. I stumbled on a monastery of githzerai monks known as the Steamsworn, dedicated to mastering a style of fighting like the steam around them. This fighting style incorporates much of the gith tradition and in particular steam based magic. I could not help but show my shock at such a flagrant exhibition of aerial pyromancy, something they did not approve of. I found myself on the receiving end of several fists of steam!

Only my quickest spells saved me from an unfortunate end. The steam must addle their heads and cause their brains to leak out like so much steam."

Gwinnan's Travel Logs, Volume 8: Deep Ethereal

Gwinnan is a traveling elf, taking in the sights of the planes by his magic and his wits. This book touches on the basics of the Deep Ethereal, information that can be found commonly in various ancient tomes. However, there is one tidbit in particular that is of unusual interest.

"In all my travels in the Deep Ethereal, the most intriguing was the time I met the Solitary Mistwalker. This old angel is dedicated to wandering the mists and claimed great secrets await those who search the fog. He said he spent eons there, a search for greater secrets within. Stunned at this brazen display of homichlophilia, I displayed righteous indignation at his claims. The angel smiled and pointed ahead. What I saw was myself in mist, and on touching it old memories became known to me again. What curious things lie in this misty realm!"
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

QuoteArmor of the Abyssal Horde: 442,000 gold. Sell to someone as bait. If no one's interested, sell I guess.

Emily would object to it being outright sold, as it's the product of evil. She'd much rather have it traded or destroyed, or some other equitable solution that doesn't see it back in evil hands.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Intended split is 6 way (Alyssa, Jarem, Emily, Ianvasah, Bastian, Soldiers): 123,892gp each.

That said, I'm not sure what our soldiers get paid or what a reasonable wage/split would be?

Up to you there.
<Afina> Forever.