News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alright. Sell unless another node wants it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Ebiris

Taal Faaust

This armor is made of solid obsidian magically hardened and reinforced, the work of Zamar Nazari himself. It grants a +16 armor bonus to armor class and counts as +9 armor with the heavy fortification special ability. When worn by a creature with the fire subtype of a creature that slew the previous wearer, it has no armor check penalty, no arcane spell failure, an unlimited maximum dexterity and counts as light armor. Otherwise, the armor has an armor check penalty of -10, an arcane spell failure of 70% and a maximum dexterity of +0.

This armor is covered in armor spikes. These spikes are enchanted to be +5 weapons, though their main purpose is project a field of force. This field of force grants both the spikes and this armor the ghost touch special ability, as well as a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls against incorporeal creatures.

Should the bolded 'of' there read 'or' instead?

Also I'll cast Legend Lore on the Ring of the Ruby Emir to see if I get any clues as to what the Wmir/Shar stuff is all about.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 09, 2019, 11:21:29 PM
Alright. Sell unless another node wants it.

Go ahead and tally up if no one else speaks up.

The bag's cool but it doesn't hit anyone in any node, I think.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

331,750gp total. 6 way split (5 PCs and NPC soldiers) 55,291gp to each.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 10, 2019, 08:00:00 AM
Taal Faaust

This armor is made of solid obsidian magically hardened and reinforced, the work of Zamar Nazari himself. It grants a +16 armor bonus to armor class and counts as +9 armor with the heavy fortification special ability. When worn by a creature with the fire subtype of a creature that slew the previous wearer, it has no armor check penalty, no arcane spell failure, an unlimited maximum dexterity and counts as light armor. Otherwise, the armor has an armor check penalty of -10, an arcane spell failure of 70% and a maximum dexterity of +0.

This armor is covered in armor spikes. These spikes are enchanted to be +5 weapons, though their main purpose is project a field of force. This field of force grants both the spikes and this armor the ghost touch special ability, as well as a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls against incorporeal creatures.

Should the bolded 'of' there read 'or' instead?

Also I'll cast Legend Lore on the Ring of the Ruby Emir to see if I get any clues as to what the Wmir/Shar stuff is all about.

Yes, or.

---

The Ruby Emir was a great efreet! Listen well, my friends, for he is what we should all strive to be under the guidance of the Grand Sultan, may he live forever. For the Ruby Emir was as graceful as a dancing flame at court and savage as an inferno when fighting those who would take everything the Sultan has given us. Lovely maidens fell in love with him and lesser nobles wanted to be him. Yet he merely served the Grand Sultan, a thousand blessings on him, with humility and loyalty. The same loyalty that the Crimson Firebrand gained from those who served him, perfect and pure as the Sultan's Flame.

Yet I say he was a great efreet. Tragedy! Betrayal! The Grand Sultan, the most puissant of hunters, was ambushed by deadly assassins, with his guard struck down and only the Ruby Emir near him. Look! For a day and a night the Ruby Emir stood with the Grand Sultan, the tempering and eternal flame of truth, and struck them down. No matter how many cowardly assassins came, the two stood triumphant. It is said that Ezrar Plains became a mountain from all the assassins slain, and to this day is called Bisala Mountain by those who are wise. The people who live there are courageous people, who never shirk their duty to the Grand Sultan, the lord of flame!

In the end, the truth of it was revealed - it was trickery! A vast army marched on the City of Brass, and without the Grand Sultan, the noble soldiers could not hold. It is here that the Ruby Emir proved himself one of the greatest efreet, for her cried, "My Sultan! Go! I vow to you that no assassin will follow! The flames of Fire shall be quenched before I allow any to follow!"

Not a single assassin followed.

Yet when it was over, the attack stopped and the enemies of the efreet slain, the Grand Sultan returned to his loyal servant. In spite of all the dead assassins, the Ruby Emir had given his life. Great was the Grand Sultan's sorrow, so great that his flames came forth and burnt all of the assassins to ash and stone and declared that all shall know this mountain as Bisala Mountain, for a courageous efreet fought there.

---

Salah Awad? A fool's name, son. Look to the motto of our family.

Yes. Flames that burn brightly burn fast. No flame gives up its fuel to another flame, unless it wishes to be little more than a weak slave. He was capable, a dynamic fire across the court. You can waste your time with the bard's stories all you like. Leave fellation to whores instead. The bards sing truly that he was remarkable, but they do not sing what matters. That for every advance and victory he won angered powerful nobles, that in his depthless lust for coin he stole for those who would crush him beneath their boots.

Control. We all lust for coin. We all demand what is ours by birth and rights. Son, you have pleased me with your skill there and murder of the tiefling scum who sought to impinge on our noble family. Not by doing it, that is merely your duty, but by the control you exercised. You did not rush, you did not expose yourself to vulnerability. You lured him in, you trapped him and you crushed him and all of his from a position of unassailable strength. I even tolerate his tana'ri wife that you have taken for you own, for it is your right in victory.

That control is something Salah Awad never had. Your great grandfather, the Emir of the Glass Swords, did much the same with the Ruby Emir. He lured him in, crushed in, betrayed him and ended him. He took back what was his and none knew of it, none could dare strike back. None could dare stand against us in yet another victory.

---

Know that those who dare to steal my power will find it fails them when they need it most. Like the fool you seek knowledge of, for I will give my power and wisdom to any who ask. Come to me, seeker of knowledge. Kneel to me and you will have more wisdom than you could ever imagine. Come.

I will show you the truth and I will show you power.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 10, 2019, 08:32:37 PM
331,750gp total. 6 way split (5 PCs and NPC soldiers) 55,291gp to each.

Sheets updated.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Speaking of loot, Seira mentioned she'd be dropping by to deal with the armor. Could she purify the black signet ring?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Black Signet Ring: This gold and onyx ring is invisible when worn (as if by a superior invisibility spell). It grants a +20 competence bonus to Stealth checks and the ability to detect good at will (caster level 25th) as a free action. It grants a +5 profane bonus to saving throws against spells and spell-like abilities with the good descriptor, as well as supernatural and extraordinary abilities of celestials.

Anastasia

Yeah, you two could work something out.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Unless we can manage to be around at the same time for a solid session, it might be best to do it with one of the Node NPCs? I could meet the new one, the empress!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

While it's sad, I think the rain of swords from the ~mile-long ooze is all I got. The one I examined IC was a greatsword+2, flaming. Please give me moneys for the ton of swords so I could buy cool stuff instead. Unless the dragons or the primals actually had something? We won, Zaaman Rul controls the field.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Rune piercings and ring of ruby emir added to secure storage, taal faaust and nazum added to Sylican treasures.

The armour's actually an upgrade for Alicia, I just have a thing about wearing the armour of anyone I've killed. Feels like it's tempting fate.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 11, 2019, 09:45:36 AM
While it's sad, I think the rain of swords from the ~mile-long ooze is all I got. The one I examined IC was a greatsword+2, flaming. Please give me moneys for the ton of swords so I could buy cool stuff instead. Unless the dragons or the primals actually had something? We won, Zaaman Rul controls the field.

Understanding that some swords didn't survive or aren't that impressive? You get a total of...

406169 gold.
<Afina> Forever.