News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

I actually hoped to do this IC. If it's that urgent, let's do it before Primus. The reason for that is that I want to get a feel for 'redemption' quests from the other side, and this is a good opportunity.

Iddy suggested Emily as the one meeting me, but it'd be cool if any other NPC(s) were free too.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Iron Dragoon

Sounds about right. Cor's gonna purify what he can, destroy the rest. He changed his mind about using the armor as bait, so I guess we're doing that. I dunno what that shakes out for money, if anything.

As for the quest and other NPCs, I'm fine with whoever is interested in going.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Oh, you mean you're going to go there IC but just have Emily be the one to interact with you, or do you want her to come to the Cauldron?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I'm going there on account of it being impossible to move the main reason for my visit.

Anastasia

Cool, I'll get you moving shortly then.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

"The sword was like a bolt of lightning."

"Not this one again. Be silent."

"Not the searing white lightning from a thunderstorm. Not the crackling blue-white lightning of a mage's lightning bolt. It struck through Rodolamaluma's scales like they didn't matter. He shook, shook like prey he struck with his own breath. Never-"

"-seen it happen to your dragon."

"Don't spoil it. Rodolamaluma was the best dragon I ever rode. Scales harder than steel and he shook, fell and died. Died! My mount, all the power I put into it! Like from a pinprick!"

"..."

"It isn't real, I tell you. It isn't real."

"...*sigh*"

"Let me out! Let me out! RODOLAMALUMA, GET ME OUT! WE'LL RIDE AGAIN, NO SWORD WILL STOP US! LET ME OUT!"

---

The sword that pierces scale and steel alike. Wyrm's Pain. The last and final gift of the Magitarn. The Speaking Sword. Sanishad.

Said to be blue as a thunderbolt, any dragon who sees it knows true fear. Blue dragons, ever the foe of the Magitarn, see it and know their death has come. If I had that here, I could go up and challenge a dozen blue wyrms at once and emerge victorious!  The greatest sword of the greatest wizard to ever live, a weapon worthy of the divine!

Also said to be lost in the fall of Vyla, when the ground itself cracked and Hell was revealed. Lost in the time of the Hell and Shadow Walkers, never seen again since then. Likely buried beneath an entire castle, left to impale an alter of the Five-Fold Queen.

But not even my magic can find it, my friend. I'm sorry. I believe Sanishad is destroyed or buried beneath thousands of tons of stone, or perhaps lost in some crevice of the Infernos.

But...

Amando's Prophecies spoke of Sanishad slaying the Eastern Doom. The self-named doom that flies from the East. Maybe...maybe if...

I know not. Can a phantasm be found before it's too late? Can we succeed without Sanishad?

---

Choker.

---

Choker. Underground Choker make strong. STRONG! STRONG! STRONG LIKE EARTH! EARTH STRONG EARTH!

Choker! STRONG! STRONG LIKE OGREMOCH STRONG! STRONG LIKE EARTH STRONG! EARTH STRONG EARTH!

Choker? SMASH! STRONG LIKE SMASH! STRONG LIKE BOULDER! STRONG LIKE EARTH. EARTH STRONG EARTH!

CHOKER! TEAR! STRONG LIKE TEAR! STRONG LIKE SWORD! STRONG LIKE EARTH! EARTH STRONG EARTH!

CHOKER?! CHOKER! CHOKER! CHOKER! CHOKER! UNDEREARTH! UNDERGROUND! UNDERSTONE! UNDERROCK!

---

Those...

Those who...

Those who gain the favor of Ogremoch may one day see it. A simple thing, a choker of stone, yet studded with the holy metal and diamonds. It gives strength and is a sign of Ogremoch's favor. You know if you see it that the wearer is one of his chosen. Do nothing! Dare not oppose them and instead honor them. Ogremoch is as ancient as the stones, and he never forgets a slight.

Instead, treat them as honored royalty. Treat them as if they were the stones themselves. Those who disrespect those who wear the choker are entombed in the stones, crushed forever and ever and ever. Ground down every minute, every hour and every day.

Fear the Ogremoch! Fear the Elemental Prince. Fear him, for he is supreme.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Choker STRONK, huh?

A follow up on the sword. The whole 'can we find it before it's too late' segment, how long ago has it happened to my understanding? If it's recent, I'll help! If it's not, I'm curious in hearing whether whoever that was succeeded.

Incidentally, did a dragon rider get put in the loony bin after his pet dragon got killed?

Anastasia

Sure. How are you planning on finding out that information?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

How did you provide the information I do have? Unless I received a typed excerpt, there should be emotions, the feeling of time and so on attached to it given the first person nature of the story.

If you want me to deliver a detailed plan, I will need to receive all the relevant details from you first to make one. I was hoping to abstract that via divine power emulating divinations (and Divination), but I'm certainly capable of plotting this out if you want me to.

Anastasia

Emily returns with...

The gems are now uncursed. Do with them what you please.

400,000 gold from the armor affair after Elle made something worthwhile out of it and got funds for it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Good gets split 6 ways, all PCs minus Dolmaya with one share going to troops.

Jewels are to be saved for later. Did they wind up with any special properties?

Anastasia

No, they're just uncursed and salable now.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 18, 2019, 02:01:43 PM
Good gets split 6 ways, all PCs minus Dolmaya with one share going to troops.

Jewels are to be saved for later. Did they wind up with any special properties?

That's 66,666 gold each.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Plan for the Nine Stars:

The Crown of the Nine Stars:

These jewels were once the prized jewels of the Efreet Royalty. They have been purified and now serve as a beacon of Good's triumph over Evil and purification.

Each of these nine jet opals function similarly to an Ioun Stone, each imparting a different effect and each floating around the user's head. When all nine are used by a single person they impart additional effects and arrange themselves in a manner resentment of a ruler's crown.

1st Star: +1 CL.
2nd Star: +1 Insight bonus to AC.
3rd Star: Regenerate 1 point of damage per hour.
4th Star: +10 bonus to Spellcraft.
5th Star: +2 Inspiration Points. This bonus is unique and stacks with other bonuses of a similar type. If the user does not already have Inspiration from a class ability, they do not gain any bonus from this Star.
6th Star: Evasion (as the feat)
7th Star: Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses.
8th Star: Greater Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses.
9th Star: Control Weather (as the spell). This Star grants the user the use of the spell Control Weather 3/day. Using this Star requires concentration.

Additional effects: When all Nine Stars are used in conjunction, it imparts the user the additional bonus of the Energy Transformation Field. The effect is centered on the user, and the user must cast the spell to be linked with the field as well as concentrate on the effect.

Royalty bonus: If used by someone of Royalty who undergoes a ritual to bind the Stars to them, the Nine Stars transform becoming gem stones to suit the wearer and imparts the ability to dominate the area you're in (100 foot radius per CL) similar to the Planar Perinarch spell. This allows you control very nearly the fabric of the plane or prime you're in, allowing you to shape it at will. Binding the Crown to you will render it useless for anyone else until you are killed or the bond is broken.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 18, 2019, 10:26:43 PM
Plan for the Nine Stars:

The Crown of the Nine Stars:

These jewels were once the prized jewels of the Efreet Royalty. They have been purified and now serve as a beacon of Good's triumph over Evil and purification.

Each of these nine jet opals function similarly to an Ioun Stone, each imparting a different effect and each floating around the user's head. When all nine are used by a single person they impart additional effects and arrange themselves in a manner resentment of a ruler's crown.

1st Star: +1 CL.

A bit boring but also a classic.

Quote2nd Star: +1 Insight bonus to AC.

In B3 some advanced versions of those were made. I'd suggest them if you can afford the markup.

Quote3rd Star: Regenerate 1 point of damage per hour.

Pretty crappy in all truth. I'd definitely consider some sort of upgrade. Fast healing is probably too expensive, though, with the slotless modifier for ioun stones.

Quote4th Star: +10 bonus to Spellcraft.

I'd go for a higher bonus and make it a competence bonus, as is standard for skill boosters items.

Quote5th Star: +2 Inspiration Points. This bonus is unique and stacks with other bonuses of a similar type. If the user does not already have Inspiration from a class ability, they do not gain any bonus from this Star.

No idea how I'd price it, but expensive.

Quote6th Star: Evasion (as the feat)

Going to nix this one, go ahead and choose something else.

Quote7th Star: Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses.

I'd suggest shelling out for greater spell immunity if you can afford it. More useful.

Quote8th Star: Greater Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses.

I don't really see the point of having two doing spell immunity, I admit.

Quote9th Star: Control Weather (as the spell). This Star grants the user the use of the spell Control Weather 3/day. Using this Star requires concentration.

Seems a little unconnected to the other stars. I don't really have any problem with it otherwise, just noting.

QuoteAdditional effects: When all Nine Stars are used in conjunction, it imparts the user the additional bonus of the Energy Transformation Field. The effect is centered on the user, and the user must cast the spell to be linked with the field as well as concentrate on the effect.

Royalty bonus: If used by someone of Royalty who undergoes a ritual to bind the Stars to them, the Nine Stars transform becoming gem stones to suit the wearer and imparts the ability to dominate the area you're in (100 foot radius per CL) similar to the Planar Perinarch spell. This allows you control very nearly the fabric of the plane or prime you're in, allowing you to shape it at will. Binding the Crown to you will render it useless for anyone else until you are killed or the bond is broken.

Isn't Energy Transformation Field tremendously broken? I forget.

I'd suggest combining those two tiers of additional effects.

---

That all being said, I like the idea but I'd suggest finding a theme and sticking closer to it. Work the theme, come up with more because right now you have a case of unfocused bonuses.
<Afina> Forever.