News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Metamagic rod is possible, yeah.

I'd assume some sort of upgrade would be in the cards, but also expensive. Summons aren't cheap the way they priced it.

Depends on what class ability and how you bolster it.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 22, 2019, 10:14:07 PM
Metamagic rod is possible, yeah.

Awesome. Idea on the price? Since it's a +1 adjustment, I'm guessing it'd be the same price as other +1s? 3,000gp for lesser, 11,000gp for normal, and 24,500gp for greater?

I'd assume some sort of upgrade would be in the cards, but also expensive. Summons aren't cheap the way they priced it.

Okay so ring of Spell-Battle effect, then. Would you consider an upgrade to it? Maybe 3/day for the redirect?

Depends on what class ability and how you bolster it.

Was thinking something in either Horizon Walker or factotum. Maybe for Horizon Walker choosing a planar mastery and it upgrading the effect of it? Or for factotum maybe... I dunno, getting one additional use of Cunning Knowledge or cutting the cost of Cunning Mimicry by 1 or 2 inspiration?

The Archmagi Vest is probably better in the long run, but it's got same-type bonuses I already have, so I'd probably either focus on just a few of the abilities and try to cut the redundant ones to reduce cost?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 22, 2019, 05:47:25 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on June 21, 2019, 11:27:32 PM
Nevaeaf: This ring grants the wearer damage reduction 5/-, or damage reduction 10/- if they are of the blood of the Daoin. Unlike normal types of item granted damage reduction, those with the blood of Daoin can stack this damage reduction with a permanent impenetrable damage reduction.

Kormault: A pair of black iron bracers, these turn the wearer's unarmed attacks or natural weapons into +8 keen and valorous weapons. The wearer's unarmed strikes and natural weapons also count as adamantine and epic to overcome damage reduction.

These have been handed off to Seira's team.

For my own reference, what are you going to do with those, Seira?

I'm pleasantly surprised, but haven't worked out yet what I'll trade for them. I believe I'll know my options better once I get a response on the evil items to be purified/cursed items to be uncursed.

If you mean on my side, Kormault is pretty much for me since I have both unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

The ring needs clarifications first. What is a Daoin? Next, I presume if I have a drop of their blood, I could UMD it to accept me as a viable target each time I put it on? Lastly, this segment:

QuoteUnlike normal types of item granted damage reduction, those with the blood of Daoin can stack this damage reduction with a permanent impenetrable damage reduction.

Does it mean that if my team has a barbarian with 3/- DR, by putting it on they will gain 8/- DR (13/- DR if they're of Daoin blood)?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Iddy payment

Uncut gems and precious metals worth 24344 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Moore's Wagon Giftbasket

Magical Wagon

This wagon's covered interior is enchanted. It has 15 times the space it should normally have inside. Rain, dust and other weather conditions do not penetrate within the interior of the wagon.

Two fine horses of good breeding and stock.

A heap of silver and mithral worth 342,458.3 gold.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Half of that will be donated to Bahamut's Palace or whatever is appropriate.

For my mental math ease, lets just keep 170000.

Anastasia

Sounds good. Keeping the wagon and horses?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

So Moore now has horsepower along with pixie power? Terrifying.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 22, 2019, 11:11:04 PMAwesome. Idea on the price? Since it's a +1 adjustment, I'm guessing it'd be the same price as other +1s? 3,000gp for lesser, 11,000gp for normal, and 24,500gp for greater?

Yes.

Okay so ring of Spell-Battle effect, then. Would you consider an upgrade to it? Maybe 3/day for the redirect?

I'd consider it, write something up.

QuoteWas thinking something in either Horizon Walker or factotum. Maybe for Horizon Walker choosing a planar mastery and it upgrading the effect of it? Or for factotum maybe... I dunno, getting one additional use of Cunning Knowledge or cutting the cost of Cunning Mimicry by 1 or 2 inspiration?

The Archmagi Vest is probably better in the long run, but it's got same-type bonuses I already have, so I'd probably either focus on just a few of the abilities and try to cut the redundant ones to reduce cost?

Making class boosting gear is tough but can be worthwhile. I'd look at other items that boost classes, think about it and try your hand at it.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on June 27, 2019, 10:19:10 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 22, 2019, 11:11:04 PMAwesome. Idea on the price? Since it's a +1 adjustment, I'm guessing it'd be the same price as other +1s? 3,000gp for lesser, 11,000gp for normal, and 24,500gp for greater?

Yes.

Great, let's go with the greater then. 24.5k.

I'd consider it, write something up.

Hmm... How about this:

Greater Spell-Battle, 100,000gp:

Informs you of all spell-casting that occurs within 60 feet of you, allowing you a DC 15+Spell Level Spellcraft check to identify the spell being cast (even if you can't see its casting or effect; continuous effect.

Three times per day, when you succeed in identifying a spell in this manner, you can you can activate the effect to counter-spell that spell as if with a Greater Dispel Magic, or change the target of the spell to any target within 60 feet of you as an immediate action.

QuoteWas thinking something in either Horizon Walker or factotum. Maybe for Horizon Walker choosing a planar mastery and it upgrading the effect of it? Or for factotum maybe... I dunno, getting one additional use of Cunning Knowledge or cutting the cost of Cunning Mimicry by 1 or 2 inspiration?

Making class boosting gear is tough but can be worthwhile. I'd look at other items that boost classes, think about it and try your hand at it.

Well, the easiest to find was extra turning from items... Reliquary Holy Symbol which is 1 extra turning for 1000gp and Nightstick from Liber Mortis grants 4 extra turn attempts for 7500gp, so...

Horizon Walker's Light, 75,000gp

This gem grants various bonuses to a Horizon Walker as long as they meet the following prerequisites:

1) They must have at least 2 Planar Terrain Masteries.
2) They must have traveled to at least 5 different planes and survived on their own.

If they meet these prerequisites, then at the beginning of each day, they can meditate on a specific plane they have mastery of. While meeting the requirements to activate the Terrain Bonus class feature, their bonuses raises by +1 to a total bonus of +4.

If they have five planar masteries, then they can select an additional Terrain or Planar Mastery which lasts for 24 hours. This ability can only function once per week.

Anastasia

Ring's fine, I'll run the pricing later to see if it's about on target or not.

The vest is fine, though as it has an epic progression I'd drop the in total of +4 part. Numbers could be all over the place here with that.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

What vest? I meant the Vest of the Archmagi as an alternative, if you thought it was better/easier.

Anastasia

For some reason I thought the gem was a vest. Dur.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Ah. Okay. Well, I think that covers all the gems, then.