News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 23, 2019, 11:14:07 AMNevaeaf: This ring grants the wearer damage reduction 5/-, or damage reduction 10/- if they are of the blood of the Daoin. Unlike normal types of item granted damage reduction, those with the blood of Daoin can stack this damage reduction with a permanent impenetrable damage reduction.

Kormault: A pair of black iron bracers, these turn the wearer's unarmed attacks or natural weapons into +8 keen and valorous weapons. The wearer's unarmed strikes and natural weapons also count as adamantine and epic to overcome damage reduction.

For reference.

QuoteI'm pleasantly surprised, but haven't worked out yet what I'll trade for them. I believe I'll know my options better once I get a response on the evil items to be purified/cursed items to be uncursed.

Okay.

QuoteIf you mean on my side, Kormault is pretty much for me since I have both unarmed attacks and natural weapons.

I figured as much.

QuoteThe ring needs clarifications first. What is a Daoin? Next, I presume if I have a drop of their blood, I could UMD it to accept me as a viable target each time I put it on? Lastly, this segment:

Make a K:P check. This is pretty obscure and old stuff.

QuoteUnlike normal types of item granted damage reduction, those with the blood of Daoin can stack this damage reduction with a permanent impenetrable damage reduction.

It's possible you could if you had their blood and a sufficiently high UMD check, you think, sure.

QuoteDoes it mean that if my team has a barbarian with 3/- DR, by putting it on they will gain 8/- DR (13/- DR if they're of Daoin blood)?

Only if they're of the blood of Daoin does it stack.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Taking 10 on int-based checks now gets me 121, I've got this.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

The Daoin are a long, long, long forgotten crossbreed of dao and mortals from an ancient Prime. Long and longer millions of years have passed since they roamed the Prime and the planes. The mortals they were born from were an unusual crossbreed of dwarves and elves, ones known for growing underground forests. In time these crossbreeds came under the influence of the dao, and that lead to the birth of the Daoin. What lore survives suggests they were unusually talented with any magic relating to stone and strength, as well as endurance.

Thus, finding a still living Daoin would be a trick and require investigation to find if one's even still out there somewhere.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

This all look right?

1st Star: +1 CL, as Orange Ioun Stone, 40k.
2nd Star: +6 Insight bonus to AC, 180k.
3rd Star: +75 Temporary HP for 1 round per character level, usable 3/day, 150k.
4th Star: +20 competence bonus to Spellcraft, 80k
5th Star: Greater Sculpt Spell (as the rod), 49k.
6th Star: Enemy Detection (as the Rod), 47k.
7th Star: Greater Spell-Battle, 200k
8th Star: Greater Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration and the spell must be set at the start of the day. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses, 96k.
9th Star: Horizon Walker's Light, 150k.

Additional effects: When all Nine Stars are used in conjunction, it imparts the user the additional effect bonuses of the Rod of Absorption, except that by completing a 24 hour ritual, it's storage potential can be recharged. If used by someone of Royalty, the Nine Stars imparts the abilities of the Rod of Rulership, except the save is equal to the highest unused spell available to the user, 200k.

Total: 1,232,000gp

Rod of Greater Sculpt Spell, 24,500gp (49k after Ioun doubler)
The wielder can cast up to three spells per day without verbal components as though using the Sculpt Spell feat.

Greater Spell-Battle, 100,000gp (200k after Ioun doubler):

Informs you of all spell-casting that occurs within 60 feet of you, allowing you a DC 15+Spell Level Spellcraft check to identify the spell being cast (even if you can't see its casting or effect; continuous effect.

Three times per day, when you succeed in identifying a spell in this manner, you can you can activate the effect to counter-spell that spell as if with a Greater Dispel Magic, or change the target of the spell to any target within 60 feet of you as an immediate action.

Horizon Walker's Light, 75,000gp (150k after Ioun doubler):

This gem grants various bonuses to a Horizon Walker as long as they meet the following prerequisites:

1) They must have at least 2 Planar Terrain Masteries.
2) They must have traveled to at least 5 different planes and survived on their own.

If they meet these prerequisites, then at the beginning of each day, they can meditate on a specific plane they have mastery of. While meeting the requirements to activate the Terrain Bonus class feature, their bonuses raises by +1.

If they have five planar masteries, then they can select an additional Terrain or Planar Mastery which lasts for 24 hours. This ability can only function once per week.

Also on the Rod of Absorption thing, I think I worded it poorly. Do you want the ritual to take 24 hours to complete or just that it has to be done per day?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

QuoteKormault: A pair of black iron bracers, these turn the wearer's unarmed attacks or natural weapons into +8 keen and valorous weapons. The wearer's unarmed strikes and natural weapons also count as adamantine and epic to overcome damage reduction.

1) Is it possible to have them count as striking as alchemical silver on top of adamantine? Cold iron? All three? If so, how much would such an adjustment cost?

2) Can I join them with my Armband of the Spark?

QuoteArmband of the Spark [50,000gp]: This armband, when worn, allows the user to channel life energy. Three times per day, they may activate it's powers as a swift action. For the next minute, they may deal critical hits and precision damage to creatures normally immune to such.

If this is allowed, presumably the pricing would be 25,000gp? That is half of the price for the Armband of the Spark, which must be the cheaper of the two, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

Corwin

One last thing before I forget, I want Elle to make me a Bead of Karma [10,000gp/20,000gp].

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on June 14, 2019, 12:19:39 PM
How did you provide the information I do have? Unless I received a typed excerpt, there should be emotions, the feeling of time and so on attached to it given the first person nature of the story.

If you want me to deliver a detailed plan, I will need to receive all the relevant details from you first to make one. I was hoping to abstract that via divine power emulating divinations (and Divination), but I'm certainly capable of plotting this out if you want me to.

Reminder for this as well. I'm aiming to offer the sword to Honeydip since I took the choker and the Orb is kind of cursed, so I'd prefer to provide her with all the relevant information.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 30, 2019, 03:23:24 PM
QuoteKormault: A pair of black iron bracers, these turn the wearer's unarmed attacks or natural weapons into +8 keen and valorous weapons. The wearer's unarmed strikes and natural weapons also count as adamantine and epic to overcome damage reduction.

1) Is it possible to have them count as striking as alchemical silver on top of adamantine? Cold iron? All three? If so, how much would such an adjustment cost?

Changing them would be difficult, as they're threaded with adamantine. It isn't impossible, but Elle would need to experiment a bit and come up with a solution. She can investigate if you want. Less hard and more figuring out the base item and how to alter it - it's an old, old enchantment in a style not often seen these days. She could try to bull rush it, but she'd hate for something to go wrong.

Quote2) Can I join them with my Armband of the Spark?

Like into one set of bracers that have spark powers? Do they share a slot conflict?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 30, 2019, 03:30:21 PM
One last thing before I forget, I want Elle to make me a Bead of Karma [10,000gp/20,000gp].

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

There is indeed a slot conflict.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on July 03, 2019, 12:53:45 PM
Changing them would be difficult, as they're threaded with adamantine. It isn't impossible, but Elle would need to experiment a bit and come up with a solution. She can investigate if you want. Less hard and more figuring out the base item and how to alter it - it's an old, old enchantment in a style not often seen these days. She could try to bull rush it, but she'd hate for something to go wrong.

Sure, Elle, take your time.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 30, 2019, 01:02:59 PM
This all look right?

8th Star: Greater Spell Immunity (as the spell), except the Star uses the character's total levels as it's own CL for duration and the spell must be set at the start of the day. The duration provided by this Star can be activated at will, and the full duration can be spread out through multiple uses, 96k.

Additional effects: When all Nine Stars are used in conjunction, it imparts the user the additional effect bonuses of the Rod of Absorption, except that by completing a 24 hour ritual, it's storage potential can be recharged. If used by someone of Royalty, the Nine Stars imparts the abilities of the Rod of Rulership, except the save is equal to the highest unused spell available to the user, 200k.

The wielder can cast up to three spells per day without verbal components as though using the Sculpt Spell feat.

Informs you of all spell-casting that occurs within 60 feet of you, allowing you a DC 15+Spell Level Spellcraft check to identify the spell being cast (even if you can't see its casting or effect; continuous effect.

Three times per day, when you succeed in identifying a spell in this manner, you can you can activate the effect to counter-spell that spell as if with a Greater Dispel Magic, or change the target of the spell to any target within 60 feet of you as an immediate action.

This gem grants various bonuses to a Horizon Walker as long as they meet the following prerequisites:

2) They must have traveled to at least 5 different planes and survived on their own.

If they meet these prerequisites, then at the beginning of each day, they can meditate on a specific plane they have mastery of. While meeting the requirements to activate the Terrain Bonus class feature, their bonuses raises by +1.

If they have five planar masteries, then they can select an additional Terrain or Planar Mastery which lasts for 24 hours. This ability can only function once per week.

Also on the Rod of Absorption thing, I think I worded it poorly. Do you want the ritual to take 24 hours to complete or just that it has to be done per day?

Yeah sure, we'll try that.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on June 30, 2019, 01:02:59 PM
This all look right?

Okay, on consideration I'm just going to call the crown an even 1,000,000 gold in price rather than trying to adjust it any finer. I want to tinker with some prices and figure out something since I'm not sure this is worth the RAW price, so we'll take that and work from there.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon