News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Also all of those flawed obsidian items.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 12, 2019, 10:00:40 PM
Victory Arch

This arch in the Cauldron can be placed where Seira wishes, large enough for even an elder elemental to pass through. Those that activate the arch gain one of the following weapon properties to weapon weapon or natural weapon for 24 hours: corrosive, flaming, frost and shock. A creature can only benefit from this arch once per 24 hours.

That's honestly pretty disappointing, especially after 10 RL months. Why wouldn't the weapon properties all be cast on a weapon at the same time?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on September 12, 2019, 08:36:34 PM
Upgrades from the Mineral thing to node NPCs.

- Amaryl passes so that Ranbar gets more. She can live without it.
- Sanzha gets fire outsider bane. She's CN so holy doesn't work for her.
- Kascha gets holy.
- Elle gets holy.
- Donald passes as well, see Amaryl.
- Ranbar gets her enhancement bonus increased by 2 and fire outsider bane. 

Cool, noted. Do my regular dudes (who are usually offscreen) get upgrades to Elemental Harmony Cauldron Steel weapons?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 14, 2019, 03:55:24 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 12, 2019, 08:36:34 PM
Upgrades from the Mineral thing to node NPCs.

- Amaryl passes so that Ranbar gets more. She can live without it.
- Sanzha gets fire outsider bane. She's CN so holy doesn't work for her.
- Kascha gets holy.
- Elle gets holy.
- Donald passes as well, see Amaryl.
- Ranbar gets her enhancement bonus increased by 2 and fire outsider bane. 

Cool, noted. Do my regular dudes (who are usually offscreen) get upgrades to Elemental Harmony Cauldron Steel weapons?

Yes.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 14, 2019, 03:53:07 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on September 12, 2019, 10:00:40 PM
Victory Arch

This arch in the Cauldron can be placed where Seira wishes, large enough for even an elder elemental to pass through. Those that activate the arch gain one of the following weapon properties to weapon weapon or natural weapon for 24 hours: corrosive, flaming, frost and shock. A creature can only benefit from this arch once per 24 hours.

That's honestly pretty disappointing, especially after 10 RL months. Why wouldn't the weapon properties all be cast on a weapon at the same time?

I didn't even think of it, honestly. Doing some math that is pretty underpowered for the money, so lemme revise.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Victory Arch 2.0

This arch in the Cauldron can be placed where Seira wishes, large enough for even an elder elemental to pass through. Those that activate the arch gain the following weapon properties to a weapon or natural weapon for 24 hours: corrosive, flaming, frost and shock. A creature can only benefit from this arch once per 24 hours.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Weave's Gentle Tears: Large greatsword+7. As a swift action, you may attempt to absorb a spell cast on you into the blade. Make an opposed caster level check, the sword has a modifier of 1d20+33. Success absorbs and negates the spell, failure has the spell unaffected. An absorbed spell heals the wielder for 5 hit points per level of the spell.

Vile damage doesn't map to anything non evil besides things like frostburn, which doesn't really apply here. So it gets a +1 to the enhancement bonus as well as a healing kicker on absorbed spells.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Remaining evil items and their purification quests

QuoteInevitable: This ring was worn by Agares, appearing as a wide band of dead gray metal that slowly twists into nothing as it loops around, ending just before it finishes making the ring, leaving a tiny gap in it. Any time a creature deals lethal damage to the wearer, they must make a DC 30 will save. Failure deals 18 points of damage, the wearer healing the same amount minus 1. In addition, it grants a +2 profane bonus to armor class and saving throws. [Inevitable radiates strong evil.]

To purify Inevitable, you must wear it while seeing to the restoration of lost life and then the creation of something that will restore more life than was lost. Both must be on a great scale, at least that of a large empire. Each day the ring is worn on this quest, the wearer loses 1 point from their maximum hit points. These hit points cannot be restored until the quest is finished.

If you have an exact quest that fulfills those parameters feel free, but it should be something that isn't easy nor quick. If it's something that could be done quickly, it's a bad choice here.

QuoteTodesurteil: This lantern sheds life draining green light in a thirty foot radius. Each round a being is exposed to it, they suffer one point of vile consitution drain. This can only be healed by a Restoration spell cast in a sanctified area.

This lantern can be purified by quenching the lantern's green light within one of the Seven Great Springs of healing in Empyrea, then have a phoenix willingly hold the lantern until it is slain by the Constitution drain, then immolated by the flames of the phoenix's rebirth.

QuoteDead Moons: 2 chakrams+6, unholy and returning. When both chakrams strike the creature, a delayed blast fireball modified by the corrupt spell metamagic is cast (CL24th), centered on where the creature stands.  The thrower of Dead Moons is immune to this fireball. 287,500 gold.

To purify Dead Moons, the two chakrams must be placed on the living moon, anointed with holy oils and left there one week. Thereafter, they must be used in a quest to slay a creature of evil with both the fire subtype and at least 30 hit dice. You can construct any quest along these lines for a quester to fulfill, so long as it's a reasonable challenge for them.

QuoteNightfall: Bracers of Armor+14. Grants a +2 profane bonus to the caster level of spells from the evil domain. 280,000 gold.

Nightfall can be restored by being touched by the regrets of a fallen paladin who bears the hopes of a nation.

Corwin

I presume the three elven items have been brute-force decursed? I lined about my intent to deal with the other two, but didn't roll for that IC (although I'll surely succeed).

Anastasia

Oh sorry, I meant to have a small post here about that to confirm that. Yes, they are decursed.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Okay, then!

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.

Star Shot: Longbow+5, anarchic. Gains the ghost touch, holy and keen properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf.

Star Sword: Longsword+5, holy. Gains the ghost touch, keen and frost properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf.

What does Amaryl want to do with this set? Did she find an apprentice in the end?

Nephrite

-1025 gold for a Divination and a Commune.

Anastasia

Moore Fire Loot

Heaps of flawed obsidian equipment
2 flawed obsidian scimitars for Kaja
Dozens of quivers and bows, hundreds of arrows, all non magical.
1 magical quiver.
17 magic arrows
2 magic quivers
Various non magical treasures
Book, ring, dagger and quill.
Longsword+2, defending.
Scythe+1, keen.
Chainmail+3, resistance to cold 10
Adul: Mithral Full Plate+5. If the wearer is a paladin, they gain a +5 sacred bonus to K:P, K:R and Spellcraft checks.
Warlock's Candle: This candle can be lit and consumed to grant a warlock an extra 2d6 damage to eldritch blast, this lasts for 12 hours.
Exorcist's Balm: This ring grants a sacred exorcist a +1 bonus to their chosen foe ability.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on September 23, 2019, 04:43:36 PM
Okay, then!

Qualles: This cloak of elvenkind grants a +15 competence bonus to Stealth checks and a +6 enhancement bonus to Dexterity. When worn by an elf, they gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity (stacks with the enhancement bonus), a +2 to attack rolls with long swords or longbows and a +5 bonus to saves against enchantment spells and effects.

Star Shot: Longbow+5, anarchic. Gains the ghost touch, holy and keen properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf.

Star Sword: Longsword+5, holy. Gains the ghost touch, keen and frost properties under star light or in the hands of a star elf.

What does Amaryl want to do with this set? Did she find an apprentice in the end?

Reminder about this so I can sort them out.