News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Dolmaya has a really good item there already. Your entire node has the problem of that being an awesome item that conflicts or just happens not to work well for them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Alicia gifts from Queen.

Root Wood

This material is wood taken from the deepest roots of the Queendom. This wood is a deep, dark brown that takes well to being polished. This material naturally cuts through dimensions and can protect when other materials cannot. Armor and shields made of root wood apply their armor or shield bonus to armor class to touch attacks of all kinds, including against ethereal creatures. Against spells that teleport a creature or send them to another plane, the wearer may add the armor or shield bonus to any saving throw against them. Weapons made of root wood are treated as ghost touch weapons and ignore any miss chance from concealment. Extraplanar creatures take an extra 5d6 points of damage from a root wood weapon.

Weapons, armors and shields made of root wood have triple the normal hit points than normal and hardness 30.

Root Wood Shield

This shield is a root wood heavy shield+8, bashing. It is also enchanted to be a weapon, a root wood heavy shield+8, impact and mighty smiting.

Root Wood Avenger

This sword is a root wood two bladed sword+8/+8. Each blade deals a base of 1d12 damage. The wielder gains a +4 morale bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, armor class, saving throws and ability checks when in combat.

Root Wood Slayer

This sword is a root wood bastard sword+8, keen. It deals triple damage on critical hits. Once per round as a swift action, the wielder may teleport up to 20ft.

Root Wood Staff

This staff is a root wood quarterstaff +8/+8. The wielder's armor and shield's (if any) armor and shield bonuses each rise by 2. This does not grant an armor or shield bonus if the wielder does not have one. Only an actual armor or shield qualifies, magic such as mage armor or shield does not, nor does bracers of armor.

Root Wood's Heart

This helmet is said to be made from the heart woods of the Roots of the Queendom themselves. When worn, this helmet grants the wearer the spellcasting of a 11th level cleric with access to the Chaos and Good domains. In addition this helmet grants a +10 enhancement bonus to Wisdom.

Only a chaotic good creature can wear Root Wood's Heart. All other creatures find it to be a mundane helmet.

Root Wood's Heart is a minor artifact.

Root Wood Piercer

This rapier is a root wood rapier+8, wounding. Any creature who is damaged by this weapon cannot teleport or leave the plane they are on by any means short of divine intervention for 1 minute (DC 45 Will negates). Multiple injuries stack for the duration.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Can I use one of my node upgrade points to add Shattermantle (+1 equivalent, each hit reduces target's SR by 2 for one round) to Root Wood Avenger?

Anastasia

Certainly. Just give me a confirmation if that's what you want to do and I'll update node points.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira is sending Donald and Ranbar to Alyssa to offer her condolences over the loss of Ianvasah and a gift to a mage that lost everything:

Endless Spellbook of the Tenth Circle

This book is identical to a blessed book, except that it has 5,000 pages. The following spells are already written within it: Body Softening, Celestial Valor, Circle of Spiritual Protection, Create Living Spell, Hellball, Summon Monster X, True Vulnerability, Unseen Needle. Despite the name and theme, spells of any level can be recorded within it.

Overwhelming Offense

This staff allows you to cast powerfully destructive spells to destroy your enemies. It has 38 charges left. You note Velsharoon's sigil is on the staff's tip as well.

Hellball (1 charge)
Queen's Displeasure (1 charge)
Greater Fire Storm (1 charge)
Greater Polar Ray (2 charges)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on February 11, 2020, 02:23:25 PM
Alicia gifts from Queen.

Root Wood

This material is wood taken from the deepest roots of the Queendom. This wood is a deep, dark brown that takes well to being polished. This material naturally cuts through dimensions and can protect when other materials cannot. Armor and shields made of root wood apply their armor or shield bonus to armor class to touch attacks of all kinds, including against ethereal creatures. Against spells that teleport a creature or send them to another plane, the wearer may add the armor or shield bonus to any saving throw against them. Weapons made of root wood are treated as ghost touch weapons and ignore any miss chance from concealment. Extraplanar creatures take an extra 5d6 points of damage from a root wood weapon.

Weapons, armors and shields made of root wood have triple the normal hit points than normal and hardness 30.

Root Wood Shield

This shield is a root wood heavy shield+8, bashing. It is also enchanted to be a weapon, a root wood heavy shield+8, impact and mighty smiting.

Jarem accepts this shield as a gift, as discussed in thread.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Circlet of Bone and Scale.

This circlet forged by Alyssa grants a +2 enhancement bonus to Constitution and Intelligence.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Corwin on February 12, 2020, 03:06:29 PM
Seira is sending Donald and Ranbar to Alyssa to offer her condolences over the loss of Ianvasah and a gift to a mage that lost everything:

Endless Spellbook of the Tenth Circle

This book is identical to a blessed book, except that it has 5,000 pages. The following spells are already written within it: Body Softening, Celestial Valor, Circle of Spiritual Protection, Create Living Spell, Hellball, Summon Monster X, True Vulnerability, Unseen Needle. Despite the name and theme, spells of any level can be recorded within it.

Overwhelming Offense

This staff allows you to cast powerfully destructive spells to destroy your enemies. It has 38 charges left. You note Velsharoon's sigil is on the staff's tip as well.

Hellball (1 charge)
Queen's Displeasure (1 charge)
Greater Fire Storm (1 charge)
Greater Polar Ray (2 charges)

Got 'em. Thanks Cor.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Alicia Loot

True Ring of Eternal Celerity

This ring has no set powers. Rather, it is an artifact attuned to the concepts of change and improvement. When worn it improves the wearer in a variable but potent way. However, any wearer must be sufficiently strong to do so. The ring bonds for life, unable to be removed under normal circumstances, though a deity would not be subject to this limitation. Regardless, once the ring is removed, it may be worn by another creature.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

A few NPCs have extra stuff they don't need anymore. They're offering it up if anyone in their node or another node could use it.

Antenora

Ring of Protection+5. Not likely to be in any use for long with divine rank going around, but it's available if it would help anyone.

Jessica

Ring of Wishes, 3 wishes left. She hardly needs it now with alter reality and someone may benefit from it far more.

Cresiel

Ring of Protection+5. See above and contingent on his survival vs Torm. I doubt this one will see action but just in case.

Kaja

Kaja has a selection of reserve scimitars. None are epic, but he'd be willing to hand one over if someone needs one. See his sheet for more information.

Xandra

Circlet of Magnificence+6 and Ring of Deflection+7. As long as Moore keeps her a proxy long term and/or she gets DvR0+.

Dolmaya

Reforged: Adamantine bastard sword+6, fiery blast and construct bane. This has sentimental value to her so she'd want it back one day, but a long term loan is possible.

Amaryl

Cauldron's Blast: Longbow+10, force and force generation. 3/day summon 1d4+1 celestial ellder elementals or 1 celestial elemental monolith. Another long term loan, but it's open if someone goes archery.

Elle

Staff of Evocation, 50 charges.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Beastlands Loot

Hunter's Mercy: Heavy mace+3, impact, merciful and frost.
Hunter's Fury: Adamantine short sword+4, animalbane, plantbane and keen.
Spear of Many: Longspear+2. Can split into up to 8 copies of itself, each can be used as a normal longspear+2.
A great deal of gold from the Guardian's cavern.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm wondering what Elle did for Oberuth gear-wise as per our agreement:
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,104389.msg1170240.html#msg1170240

My preference was for her to make all of his gear into artifacts so that it'd always function, and to boost all she can, whether via masterwork upgrades or magical ones. Since the Cauldron is picking up the tab, let me know how much it alters our funds?

Corwin

Seira is going to cast Shield of Sylica on herself, so -10,000gp for that.
Available Cauldron funds are 577,458.7gp.

Also, did Elle and Sanzha like these and are keeping them?

For Sanzha:

Crown of Dreams

These circlets are made by the eladrin of might by harvesting fragments of Queen Morwel's dream. It appears to be a thin, purple-red circlet set with a large ruby. The wearer is immune to sleep effects of all kinds, as well as effects that would disturb or disrupt his sleep (such as the nightmare spell). The wearer constantly sees fragments of potential from the dreams of everyone, granting them vast insight. This grants the wearer a +8 enhancement bonus to Wisdom, as well as constant true seeing.

Grand Finale

This deep crystal rapier+7 has the abilities of a crystal echoblade. A bard wielding it can draw on one additional power. Once per day as a standard action, the bard can expend four uses of bardic music to super charge this rapier with sonic power. This power immediately erupts out and deals 1d8+1 sonic damage per effective level for bardic music. For example, a bard who performs bardic music as a 28th level bard would deal 28d8+28 sonic damage. This damage is dealt to all enemies within 100ft of the bard. A DC 42 Fortitude save halves this damage.

There's no legends of such a blade, which seems unlikely. Perhaps it is a story lost to the ages?

For Elle:

Eldath's Tears

A small glass reliquary worn around the neck and filled with a fluid claimed to be Eldath's tears. Any creature who wears this reliquary is affected by an end to strife spell centered on them (caster level 25th). The creature who wears it is automatically affected, normal resistances and immunities do not apply. Additionally, the creature gains damage reduction 15/adamantine and epic.