News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

DM Nagging: It's pretty much my job

Started by Anastasia, April 12, 2018, 12:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Iddy> Thought of a potential nickname for Jarem.
<Iddy> "The Forever Warrior."
> Lemme save that for reference.

Self explanatory.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

From the DMing archives.

Asmodeus rarely has any need to enter battle. Countless devils will fight for him to the death with but a word, let alone elite servants who can stop almost any threat if called on. Nonetheless there are rare occasions when the Lord of the Ninth sees fit to personally deal with an opponent. This covers his preferred approach. As part of an Incarnation it's likely that he has greater powers than this, but he almost always relies on this.

All the better to switch should he ever face a worthy foe who has researched him enough to anticipate and plan around these strategies, and thus take them by surprise with new tactics.

Round 0

Asmodeus never enters combat without proper spells to bolster himself as desired. Not that such things are generally needed for him, but it's to maintain appearances. Likewise unless he wishes to battle alone, Asmodeus ensures sufficient forces are present to defend him. At a minimum Aesmadeva will be present, but he often supplements this with whatever devils or servants he feels suits the situation. He is able and willing to call on other Lords of the Nine if he desires.

Round 1

Asmodeus will move if needed and prudent, but prefers to sit or stand motionlessly in battle. He projects an aura that combat is beneath him, and instead his infernal aura flares out. Any enemies within 900ft must succeed on a Will save (DC 81) or instantly become a fanatical slave of Asmodeus. The alignment of any affected creature becomes lawful evil. Any who resist are attacks by those who succumbed, any previous bonds irrelevant in face of their new master's command. This ability is a mind-affecting ability but ignores immunity to mind-affecting. Even creatures with no Intelligence score can be affected. Any profane or axiomatic bonuses to Will saves do not apply to this save. Greater deities are not subject to this ability, Asmodeus chooses not to use it against them. It's not clear if they are immune, resistant or if Asmodeus has personal reasons to refrain.

Should this not immediately win the battle, Asmodeus will use a swift action to cast a spell that deals 999 points of hellfire damage to all enemies within his sight. A Reflex save (DC 81) halves the damage and there is a -27 penalty to the saving throw. This spell ignores any fire resistance or immunity as hellfire, and spell resistance does not apply. Evasion and Improved Evasion do not apply to this Reflex save, but they do negate the -27 penalty to the save. Asmodeus will cast this up to two times more (three in a row total) should the first cast not be sufficient.

Round 2

Should a creature somehow survive that first round, Asmodeus will spend his move action to offer them a place in Hell's hierarchy. Any creature who can endure that assault has value and Asmodeus desires that such creatures kneel before him. There is no special power behind this offer.

If this offer is rejected, Asmodeus will cast a spell as a standard action that inflicts a -27 penalty to all ability scores that can affect up to nine targets within 900ft. A Fortitude save (DC 81) negates, but the save must be repeated each round after this, so long as they are in combat with Asmodeus. This spell's duration is permanent.

Round 3

From here Asmodeus will deign to enter combat directly. He will strike with his Ruby Rod; he needs not move, his blows will strike his chosen target so long as they are within sight. He makes nine attacks per round, each one at +180 (though he can increase this as normal if desired) that deals 270 damage. He can choose for this to be vile damage if he wishes. Any creature struck must make three saves, all at DC 81. A Reflex save or suffer an additional 270 points of hellfire damage, a Will save or become a fanatical slave of the Lord of the Ninth as described above and finally a Fortitude save or die instantly. Asmodeus may use the Power Attack or Combat Expertise feats as he desires, treat the maximum penalty he can take for either as -90.

A creature must make all three saves each time they are struck.

There are no known battles against Asmodeus that lasted more than three rounds.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm aware some of the rules topics are messed up. Nested spoiler boxes no longer work so I'll have to adjust them in the future.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

So guys, you know how I asked all of you for descriptions so I have them if I get character art done? Still not seeing any in my PMs here, y'all. Consider this an official nagging.

I missed nagging.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I have a partial answer from Iddy. More progress.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

*eyes PMs*

* Anastasia gives a sad little whimper.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Administrative note in case it matters: Edited Antenora's sheet today for a typo. Nothing important changed.
<Afina> Forever.