News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

The Next Step Forward

Started by Anastasia, June 07, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Morning. Rest came easily last night, the day ready to begin and...

Agenda here? Ball's in your court for the moment.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa lounges in bed for a few, enjoying the sun streaming in from the open balcony doors before rising from her bed to go to the balcony, shifting her clothes in something more suitable for the tropical islands: a long but light cotton skirt and a wrap top, both in reds and golds.

As she enjoys the weather, she munches on some fruit for her breakfast as she waits for Lorathana to arrive.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Lorathana soon enters, bowing slightly before coming in, "Good morning," she says, "Your uninvited guest has been busy."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Oh? Not causing problems I hope?"

Anastasia

"Let's see," Lorathana begins, "Ma'am, she's been asking many questions everywhere. She's rather knowledge thirsty - and to quote her 'did an Aunt Kascha' by  knocking over several beakers of potion. Fortunately, she more than paid for them, so there is no real loss long term. Additionally she seems to marry inexperience with more power than she should have. She casually mentioned casting an 11th circle spell, without seeming to grasp entirely how amazing that is."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Yes, it's part of why I'm letting her stay. She's an innocent, over-all, and yet powerful like myself. By working with her, I hope to gain insight into, hopefully, more powerful magic. And she's interested in me and the Order, so I'd rather have her with us than simply around us. Better able to guide her instead of leaving her to her own unknown devices. What sort of things has been taking interest in?"

Anastasia

"Magic of all stripes and kinds," Lorathana reports dutifully, "She seems hungry for any and all arcane lore, though she already knows most of it. Her theoretical education is top notch."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Hmm... If she's interested, we could maybe link her up with some of Madala's people. They're great at practical application, so it might fit with what she's looking for... In any case, we should find her and get geared up. We'll need Jarem to get a team together. No more than twenty strong, I would think. And I have to go pick up that new sword so I can finish the familiar ritual. Where is Leogeon? Has he gotten everything ready for the ritual?"

Anastasia

"Yes and understood, ma'am," Lorathana reports, "Is there anything else?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Yes. Sit down and relax with me for a bit. It's been a while since we talked about more than business. What's on your mind?"

Anastasia

"Current events," Taking a seat and shaking her head, "I'm waiting for the other shoe to fall and things to get worse."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Mmm. Same. It's already bad with Shar targeting us and Malcathet's interest. Bah, enough of that depressing stuff. Talk about something better. Any projects you need help with? Anyone catch your fancy yet?"

Anastasia

A blush rises, faint and studiously ignored. "Ahem," she coughs even as her cheeks burn red. "Yes, actually. Jarem is handsome He has, ah, a way with words and deeds. He...brought me breakfast. That was very considerate of him, and he has a lovely smile, don't you think? That chin, too."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa smirks with a little roll of the eyes, "That one. Yes. Be careful with him. He fancies himself a ladies man, I can tell. He's spent a fair bit of his time here trying to flirt the. Though I think it was more testing boundaries than anything. I'd be thankful if you took him."

Anastasia

A moment's pause, "You aren't interested, then? I heard him calling you Queen, like a pet name."
<Afina> Forever.