News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

The Next Step Forward

Started by Anastasia, June 07, 2018, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

"Isn't it? A mage's most powerful weapon is their mind. While it might be trivial knowledge, for the most part, it works at improving your ability to recall information quickly. And trust me, being covered in grit and grime from battle is less flattering than you think."
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

"That is an important consideration, Queen," Jarem smiles at that.

Emily blushes for some completely  innocent (surely) reason and adds, "Well, that is true, and Mom's so smart in battle, it helps her."
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

"While there's no true stress here, thinking under pressure is a vital skill. See if there are any books on the shelves here that grab your interest."

Anastasia

Emily goes to do so as Jarem comes up, "Nice," he murmurs, keeping his voice low.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa turns to Jarem with an expectant, raised eyebrow.

Anastasia

"Good leadership and reinforcement," Jarem says, "Encourage her and direct her to more action that'll improve herself. Builds up confidence, helps prevent her crumbling in face of stress."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Mmm... You do remember that I lead an entire Order, right? It's not my first time dealing with teaching."

Anastasia

"So what? Still complement someone when they're not making an ogre fuck of things," Jarem retorts, smiling and giving you a look.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa snorts. "I'm used to being underestimated because I'm young. As long as it's genuine, I appreciate it."

Anastasia

"Doesn't matter if you're 25 or 25 million years old," Jarem leans in a little closer, "Not fucking up is a rare and praise worthy skill. An average soldier, a raw recruit? More time is teaching them not to fuck up than how to fight. Swing a sword right, hold a pike line, use a shield properly? You can drill that into someone. Teaching common people not to be dumb fucks is a far harder art."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Stubbornness is another troublesome trait, I've found. Though spinelessness is even worse."

Anastasia

"Yeah," Jarem agrees, giving you a side long look. "Stubbornness at least hides a strong will. Spinelessness merely hides cowardice. I can work with a strong will, point it in the right direction unless it's absolutely unbending. Cowardice can only be cured, and not even reliably without magic."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"There's magic for it, but it's evil stuff. But yes, training and guidance works well with stubborn. A little praise to make them more affable."

Anastasia

Smirking now as he turns his gaze to you, "Something to make them...loosen up a bit, relax around them? Just a few kind words, really, huh, Queen?"
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa shrugs. "Works with Madala. As long as there's something that's worth praising, it doesn't hurt to occasionally give it."