News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Establishment

Started by Anastasia, June 15, 2018, 05:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

As you debate, the party ends up above the jungle. So the question is - now what?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Tryll manifests Detect Psionics!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

There's no magic in the immediate 60ft radius around you, beyond what all of you have going, of course.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'There is nothing nearby. WE WILL SEARCH THE MOUNTAIN!' Tryll abruptly becomes louder.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

"Yeah, let's go. Start in the jungle?" Miranda suggests, "Search until we find something?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Yep!" Calleigh chirps.

Anastasia

Thus you plunge into the jungle. The chorus of insects is loud, the sound of dripping water seemingly everywhere. It's hot and chokingly humid here, plants of a rainbow variety of colors growing.  Great and thick  trees loom high, droplets of condensation falling regularly enough to almost be a drizzle.

Benyen grimaces. "I feel one bucket of water away from drowning."

"More one like fucking thimble," Dana growls. "Hey Tryll, can you desiccate an entire jungle?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Why would I do that?' Tryll replies.

Anastasia

"Because it's like a sauna," Dana snaps.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"It feels nice!" Calleigh debates.

Anastasia

"Ladies," Miranda says, bow and arrow drawn, "Quarrel later. This jungle could be dangerous."

Any means of perception beyond the norm, all?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Let's add True Seeing to Detect Psionics, if we have the time and we're not about to be ambushed. Just in case it's hiding.

Anastasia

Sure, done. Nothing immediately different. In this case, gimme Perceptions.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+47 : 7 + 47, total 54[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+40 : 2 + 40, total 42[/blockquote]

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+40 Miranda Perception, the only notable one for it here
<Rei-chan> Kotono rolled : 1d20+40 Miranda Perception, the only notable one for it here --> [ 1d20=13 ]{53}

Thus all of you begin to explore the jungle. No sign of bigger animals yet, just the sounds of the forest as you begin to explore it.

Tryll can immediately see something odd with true seeing. Space folds here, twists. Woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This jungle's dimensions are strange indeed - someone's gone to some trouble to make things non-linear here, to make distances work strange. Travel will be heavily distorted unless you move precisely so.
<Afina> Forever.