News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Cabin choices

Started by Anastasia, July 18, 2018, 11:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, you made it back to Ysgard with the grimoire. Next move?

Level ups for your NPCs will come tonight or tomorrow, work was just a beast yesterday. In the event you manage to hit combat today, we'll pause. You shouldn't, but just in case.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

First order of business is to study the grimoire a bit. REVEAL YOUR SECRETS!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

The grimoire sits on Miranda's kitchen table. Last you hear, the others are out sparring, leaving just Tryll and the book. How are you going to approach this?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'You know, I never asked your name. Do you mind if I read you?' Asking a book. How awkward.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'A name! A name! Of course, I need a name. Tell me, what is a good name?' The book asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Well, what do you want in a name?' Tryll asks, 'A good name is important, and you're fortunate enough to have the opportunity to choose your own. How would you describe yourself?'

Anastasia

'Oh, I know. Bookaradus is a good name, isn't it?' The book asks.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh falls through the ceiling, "Hi there! Are we naming things!?"

Anastasia

'You must missed it,' Bookaradus says, 'Now, what where we doing?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Jesus christ on a cracker he's really going with Bookaradus ok welp here goes nothing

'I was hoping to stud-'
"Ohhhh did you pick a name!?"

Anastasia

It's a book, no one said books are good at naming themselves.

'I did!" Bookaradus says, Tryll cut off. 'How does Bookaradus strike you?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"...it'sa bit derivative, isn't it?"

Anastasia

'Derivative? How? No more derivative than Tryll, which is the height of derivative names!' Bookaradus thunders, 'Nay, far less derivative than Tryll!'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'My name is derivative? How?' Tryll wonders, a bit indignant.

"Nevermind that! You can't just put the word book in your name! You're not just a book! You're a grimoire! A thinking grimoire! You need a name with GRAVITAS! The kind of name that adventurers whisper in awe and fear and maybe a little greed! Something like
AETHERIUS, GRAND TOME OF WONDERS!
or something similar! You can do better! You can be better! Be all that you're meant to be! Not just a ten-copper trashy romance novel!" Calleigh is briefly able to be heard from several hundred feet away.

Anastasia

The book wobbles in place, 'Aetherius?! That's so calling me the Ethereal Plane with -us at the end! Hmph. Try harder!'

Unnoticed by the book is the screams of shock and surprise from Miranda, Dana and Benyen.

<Afina> Forever.