News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

It is cold here.

Such a simple statement that says so much, yet Ice promises so much more. Blizzard winds blow, engulfing everything here as you stand.

Dana merely takes it in, blade and armor at the ready as she grins, "About fucking time. Bring it on."

Miranda checks her bow and arrows and then readies them, along with her greatsword. "It's cold as a devil's heart."

"Colder! Like a yugoloth's heart," Benyen says, looking around, "Like winter without any celebrations, ever."

Debonah merely hovers a foot above the ground, undisturbed by the snow.

I'm just now making spoiler blocks, so paste any spells you cast on them in prep, would you?

Debonah's block in the next post or two.

[spoiler]

Dana
HP: 597/597 (fast healing 2)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Bonuses: Attack+0, Damage+0 AC+0, Saves+0, Skills+0, Checks+0
Resources: Rage 1/1 Offensive Chain 3/3 Defensive Chain 3/3 Defensive Stance 9/9 Protection Devotion 1/1 Bulwark 3/3 Haste 10/10
Spells Used: Power Points 457/457
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Triggers frost blood on a slashing or piercing melee attack.

Miranda
HP: 405/405
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources:
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Favored enemy applies to attack rolls. No real resource issues with anything she does, can function all day.

Benyen
HP: 609/609 (fast healing 3)
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Magic Circle Against Evil 10ft (Protection from Evil), Courage 10ft (+4 morale vs fear)
Resources: Smite Evil 21/21 Channel Energy 13/13 Lay On Hands 60/60 Remove Disease 1/1 (week) Incarnum Overload 1/1 Servant of the Heavens 1/1 +5 One Attack On FA 1/1 (rnd) Take 10 On One Attack (rnd) 1/1 Rage 2/2 Hell Striker Takeover 1/1 (mth) Dimension Door 3/3
Spells Used:
SLAs Used:
Spells Active:
Notes: Typical smite bonus damage is 27*2=54+6=60. 60+12=72*2=144 on charge.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Spoiler: ShowHide
Tryll
HP: 793/793 (fast healing 41)
Negative Conditions:
Aura:
Resources: Free manifesting 1 & 2, 3/day each.
Spells Used: Power Points 932/974
SLAs Used:
Spells/Powers Active: Inertial Armor (+19 AC, CL 31, Extended), True Seeing (CL 31, Extended), Attune Form
Notes: Incorporeal

Calleigh
HP: 414/414
Negative Conditions:
Aura: Magic Circle Against Evil
Resources: Wand of Attune Form (5 charges)
Spells Used: Power Points 57/57
SLAs Used:
Spells/Powers Active: Inertial Armor (+19 AC, CL 31, Extended), True Seeing (CL 31, Extended), Attune Form
Notes: When near any psionic creature, +2 to all checks.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Calleigh thumps chest first into the snow, leaving a Calleigh-shaped impression before bursting out nearby, flinging snow everywhere and laughing. "Of course it's cold! It's Ice! This is where cold comes from!"
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

What's the CL on Attune Form?

"Winter's heart," Debonah agrees, "Where on Ice are we?"

All around you is blizzard, visibility poor, but nothing is immediately around but frozen wasteland.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

CL's not listed on Calleigh's sheet, so we must regrettably assume it's CL 1. 2 hours of charge per charge. Does Debonah need that or can I save the charge on her?

Anastasia

What does it come from, a wand?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Mimimum CL of 5 since it's a 3rd level spell, so 5th level. Anyway, go ahead and line since it's your line.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Oh neat. It'll last 10 hours then.

'We are near Auril's stronghold. The Aurora has had dealings with her in the past, and I thought it would be a good idea to start on non-hostile ground.' Tryll replies.

Anastasia

Debonah turns her gaze to you, "You think the Bitter Bitch of Winter is non hostile ground?" Her voice isn't quite disbelieving, but it's hardly welcoming, either.

"Yeah, but she's at least willing to talk to us," Dana says, shrugging. "Bitch helped us get Abigor, too."

"Yeah, and it goes wrong, she can be a good warm up for Shar?" Benyen offers, "Right?"
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Interplanar warfare and desperate times make for very strange bedfellows, Debonah.' Tryll says calmly. 'Facts being as they are, we're unlikely to be immediately attacked here, and we've successfully negotiated with them before. I wouldn't call them friends, per say, but they're as non-aggressive to us as Ice is likely to get.'

Anastasia

"Alright," Debonah says, "I've been informed of news that Auril walks Lifasa, so this isn't a complete surprise." Looking ahead, flying along, "This way."

Gimme 1d100.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 58, total 58[/blockquote]

Anastasia

You wander the icy wastes for a short time until you see it ahead. A dogsled, great dire wolves pulling a sled where a minotaur stands. He is frozen over, white scales and patches of ice covering his entire body. He glares ahead but calls, "Those of Aurora, explain yourselves!" His voice carries over the howling of the winds, his sled barely visible and about 50ft away in the storm.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Passing through on our way to Starline.' Tryll replies.