News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

As you go, Dana gives you a look. She mouths, 'trap?' to you.

Meanwhile a broad hallway is ahead, full of floating disks of light. They slowly go forward, carrying cargoes of blue ice.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'Maybe! There's a lich involved, so it's not a bad idea to check.' Tryll manifests Read Thoughts.

DC 26 negates. Any creature that saves is simply not affected by the power. I read everyone within a 60 ft cone from me.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

> roll 3#1d20 they're 20 fishing here
<Penuche> Kotono invokes Penuche's magic: < 18, 2, 19 >

They're thinking about you and how dangerous all of you look, as well as what the masters will think of this.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Well, they haven't seen anything yet! 'They don't seem to be plotting. There's definitely some sort of master/subservient dynamic going on here though.'                                                                                                                                                                                                         
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

'Yeah, probably slaves," Dana sends, 'Wonder if they still remember how to be free or if they're that fucked?'

'We'll save them, one way or another,' Miranda vows back to you, 'Focus on the how, not the if.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'If we get to steal the city, I'm sure we can find a home for them if they don't want to stay.'

Anastasia

A laugh at that from Dana as all of you follow. The path continues on past the floating disks, to where several dozen dwarves work. Here the blue ice is taken and gently chipped, molded with scalpels and similar tools. The walls curve around for more space, where various baskets sit. Once finished, pieces of blue ice in various shapes and sizes are placed within.

Ahead lies a further passage that slopes upward. Yet standing before it is a man or at least a humanoid. He is clad in blue ice armor head to toe, features lost beneath his armor. An ice axe hangs at his side as he stands there.

"Master, master," One of the dwarves calls, "Here! They are here for you."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Some sort of creature in armor. Looks humanoid.

Gimme K:P.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+51 : 8 + 51, total 59[/blockquote]Calleigh[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+42 : 3 + 42, total 45[/blockquote]

Anastasia

It is likely this is a warrior of Starline, similar to the ones you fought before.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Hi! Who're you!?" Calleigh greets politely.

Anastasia

The figure stares several moments, arms crossed now.

"Who are you?" He asks back, voice sharp and slightly nasal. "You are not of Starline."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

"Nope! I work for the Queen!"

Anastasia

The man's response is to draw his iceaxe and..."Alert!" he shouts.

Init.
<Afina> Forever.