News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Dana and Benyen carefully call back then, "Will it work here?" Dana asks, tensely, eyes ahead.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

'If not, then we know we have to fight our way out.' Tryll replies.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Dana and Benyen fall back to you and the ceiling rumbles again, louder, as this time The Dead continue to hang back.

Miranda hurries to you as well, "This is getting too tight," she agrees, looking up at the ceiling, cracks running along it.

Wyvern Riders are holding back. Go.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll opens a portal back to Ysgard! Or tries to anyway.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

To your surprise, nothing inhibits the portal at all.

"I'm not one to turn down an invitation," Miranda says, "Not when they seem content for us to get out of here."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Convenient enough. Everybody in.'

Anastasia

Somehow, it all holds - until the moment the last of you is through, at which point there is a loud CRASH of ice a mere second after you are, crunching down hard as the portal flickers out, gone.

"Message received, lich," Debonah murmurs aloud, "Next time I'll be ready to answer it."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Oh yes, we'll have to visit again. Maybe call in some fire elementals or something. They're almost as fond of explosions as Calleigh is.' Tryll gestures with a face tendril at Calleigh, who is doing her very best impression of an icicle.

Anastasia

"So...now what?" Dana asks, arms crossed.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Break time. Regroup tomorrow. I've used half of my reserves on this trip, and I was getting concerned once I had. Need to rest and do some scrying on the sage.' Tryll says. 'Also, we'll need to let Calleigh defrost overnight. Ysgard is good for that.'

Anastasia

"Let-" Benyen says, before you feel it. That throb, that feeling of sensation. A connection to Benyen, echoing between yourself and him.

Node update for Benyen, go read.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Benyen. You're throbbing at me. It's a bit awkward.'

Anastasia

Dana blinks at that while Benyen says, "I feel stronger," he says, simply.

"It happens around us," Dana says, "Good to know that shit's working for you, too."

Miranda exhales, "Let's go home and we can talk about it there over dinner."

Anything to add here?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Anastasia

Congratulations, you've reached level up time. You and your node are now level 32. Go ahead and begin level ups and aim to have yours done by the 26th.
<Afina> Forever.