"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

What's going on with you

Started by Dracos, September 13, 2018, 12:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

I started Spring Cleaning early.

DUST EVERYWHERE.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

That must be why I'm sniffling so much this morning. Why couldn't you kep that dust contained to your place? Why'd you let it get EVERYWHERE?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

You tell me, Mercury. I blame you for the idea.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

The closest I can think of suggesting a clean up action recently was asking if you could clean out that spammer the other day. :p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Got summoned to jury duty.

This is a first for me.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Good luck. Hopefully it's quick and painless for you.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I requested a postponement, but apparently they'll only contact me to let me know if it's denied.

Feels a little....

>_<
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Yeaaaaah. Like it's setting up ways for it to go wrong.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Going to Game Developer's Conference.  Gonna talk at it on monday.  Then manage energy for being interested in things for 4 days after that!
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

That sounds like a conference, alright. Congratulations - I remember when you were just going to college to be a game dev. You've really made it, huh?
<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on March 16, 2019, 07:47:42 PM
Gonna talk at it on monday.  Then manage energy for being interested in things for 4 days after that!

Good luck, talking at a conference takes energy. More usual that conference talks at you. Sometimes with jetlag.

I remember listening to a conference talk on the C++ concurrency model while jetlagged.

Good thing my job did not and still does not require understanding the C++ concurrency model....
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Cruddy sinuses.

Beat KH3.  Don't recommend it.  Will possibly do a writeup?  Less than the sum of its parts.

Finishing Etrian.  Failing to do exercise :(  Cough meds are helping a bit.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Wrote "homemade root-beer" in a fic draft. Then typed it into Google. Turns out sassafras is mostly banned by the FDA. Now researching the legal status of homemade root-beer in the USA.

And Canada. Brewpub near my workplace makes a mean root beer. I am curious if it actually uses sassafras.

Apparently sassafras is also a precursor ingredient to <heinous illegal substances>, which adds a whole other dimension to the legal intricacies.

'Tis a rabbit hole nearly as deep as the raw milk movement.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.