News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

What's going on with you

Started by Dracos, September 13, 2018, 12:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Quote<Dracos> Hal, Merc, I and Kaldrak succeeded in...cheating aggressively against elder horror until it gave up.

Some might say that we are the cheatingest cheaters that ever cheated. But technically... you're only cheating if the elder gods catch you and devour your soul! And if there was any cheating, Umordhoth can't prove it from behind his eldritch prison!

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

So football happened today. I'm a Redskins fan, so naturally I regret everything. (Read as: They lost. Badly.)

In other news, I need a haircut. It's stupid but it's always something I put off, thinking if I don't mind my hair getting a bit long, I can save money on haircuts.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Kaldrak

Quote from: Merc on September 16, 2018, 10:07:58 PM
Quote<Dracos> Hal, Merc, I and Kaldrak succeeded in...cheating aggressively against elder horror until it gave up.

Some might say that we are the cheatingest cheaters that ever cheated. But technically... you're only cheating if the elder gods catch you and devour your soul! And if there was any cheating, Umordhoth can't prove it from behind his eldritch prison!

You can't prove it was us! Nobody can!

Quote from: Anastasia on September 16, 2018, 10:40:23 PM

In other news, I need a haircut. It's stupid but it's always something I put off, thinking if I don't mind my hair getting a bit long, I can save money on haircuts.

Have you thought about doing it yourself or having a friend do it with a haircutting kit? I keep my hair real short so I've saved a ton of money over the last ten years doing it myself.

As for me, I have been housesitting a couple dogs, four cats, a bunny, and way too many fishies in probably more fishtanks than one person should have. I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow. Also I had to game on my laptop instead of my desktop, which mostly worked but was kind of sad in comparison to my PC.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on September 17, 2018, 03:46:59 AMHave you thought about doing it yourself or having a friend do it with a haircutting kit? I keep my hair real short so I've saved a ton of money over the last ten years doing it myself.

We used to have a family friend who did it way back when, actually. We'd spend a Saturday at my grandparents getting all of our hair cuts, a real homey family sort of event. It eventually fell by the wayside as those things tend to do, moreso when my grandmother had to go into a nursing home.

That's a good idea, should look into that.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Last weekend, Merc, Hal, Kal, and I cheated our way through the elder gods in Arkham Horror.

This weekend I am playing too much stardew.

And getting kinda tired of the work bullshit.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Played way too much slay the spire.  Did a 350 floor run with a basically invulnerable build.  Finally let it die there, and it still took ten rounds of doing nothing (Had a stash of fairy potions).

I knew Catastrophe was really strong, but the core of it was the spoon relic + Apparition + motion blur.  Plus running into an event that upgraded everything.  Basically, as the game kept ramping up the difficulty, it really didn't do anything since everything was just doing 1 point of damage.  After a while on top of that there was just the entire game's set of relics.  Ended up doing like 10+ boss finishes of no damage with the set.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The Redskins are 5-2, they don't suck for now. I'm waiting for them to regress to mean, but it's nice being a winning football team for once.

Otherwise it's all job applications and hoping. I had a few interviews earlier in the month that didn't pan out, so back to the drawing board. One I know I ran into a chunk of bad luck on via a candidate that was super duper qualified while I was only super qualified. What can you do, y'know?
<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

Continued practicing Japanese with real Japanese people at local exchange. Getting in over my head here.

There, there are tables of 4 people with non-advanced Japanese learners grouped advanced English learners and advanced Japanese learners with non-advanced English learners. So there is at least one language where people can have a legitimate conversation.

Last time got swapped midway (due to random no-show Americans blamed on Black Friday) to a much more advanced table where I could only catch 40% of the conversation. Was interrogated on which anime I had watched. Japanese were surprised I heard of Future Boy Conan.

Definite difference between advanced English learners and non-advanced English learners. Advanced English learners are "I want to study abroad / got bored of working part-time job so decided to work part-time job in exotic American city and put 'English' on my resume". Non-advanced English learners are "my boss told me to go here for 1.5 years -_-;;".
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

I'm back from traveling and hanging out with Hal in a great week of comradery.  There was much dragon's crown and japan was entirely taken over by Oda and dragged to hell.  Tried switch version of world ends with you.  Still mediocre controls!

Barely slept right the last couple nights.  Got strongly harassed about one of my workers being on vacation.

Miss having enough hands to get work done :(
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Sounds like a good vacation, at least.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Back at work.  Focusing on developer tools...

Kind of not practicing my conference talk ;_;
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Job hunting continues to be rough, unfortunately.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Lessee.

Job hunt continues. No real updates there, I've been out of work a few months. That's usually when it gets harder to get a job, unfortunately. One of the little ironies of life is that it's easier to get a job when you have a job.

Randomly, I've been refreshing myself on the DCAU. Good times and good memories there, no two ways about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Game failed to ship this week.  Maybe next.  Been stressy with things breaking at work.

And being lightly sick for a while.  At least that has passed.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

GDC coming up.  I don't wanna get ready.
Well, Goodbye.